Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Last Drag Race- Lions, where did all the signs go?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Steves32, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I was there on December 2, 1972 for the "Last Drag Race".
    As soon as the last pair ran down the track- everyone started taking the signs. The yellow plywood signs along the fence were 3 pieces & they all went to separate people. The "Last Drag Race" banner was fought over by probably 20 people & that was captured on film. There was another "Last Drag Race" sign at about the 100ft point on track. The Lions sign at Christmas tree & tree itself were gone.
    Who has all this stuff? Where is it now?

2. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

My friend, Tom Winslow had a old "Last Drag Race" poster hanging in his garage forever. He raced the "Spirit Of 67" Nova at Lions, OCIR, Famosa, and Irwindale. He retired from Ross Racing Pistons a few years ago and moved to Utah. Recently passed away from brain cancer. RIP

3. pastlane

pastlane

Back in '92 I did a reproduction of the last race poster (only deviation from the original was I did it so I could roll them for shipping). Still have those as well as a couple originals. Also have the poster from the last race at Baylands. Lots of posters decals left here from the Past Lane Auto days.

4. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

This one is in Ridgecrest, Ca. It belongs to a friend of my cousin.

[​IMG]