Register now to get rid of these ads!

"The KING is dead....."

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by Drewfus, Nov 19, 2007.

1. and then they repeaded, "long live the king...." like a hallowed chant....

The 'Crooked 6' lives no more, and has been transformed onto a higher platform, but the legacy lives...

For the king has 'planted his seeds', and there will be a new contender for the title, there will be battle's-a-plenty, and a few issues to deal with, but, bewarned, the junior is coming...the legacy lives...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mopar - us against them....

Cheers,

Drewfus

(Note - figuired that since the HA/GR world has gone quite, we need a kick in the pants...plus we've got our Aussie nostalgia drags in two weeks, so lots to be done and sorted ...;) :D )

2. 348chevy

348chevy

When you go to the nostalgia race look for a fellow who runs a 62 righthand drive 409 Chev. He is from Sydney I believe, his last name is Taylor. Since I also have a 348 Chev I am on the 348-409 Forum and he gave me your site for the HA/GR in Australia. I have the dead kings carcass and am making a Frankenstien out of it by grafting a 321 cu.in GMC brain in it. Oh, if you see Chevy Taylor tell him Roy said Hey! Oh and don't race him because he goes in the 11.00's at about 119 mph.:D Roy

3. G'day Roy,

I know the guy you're talking about, met him a few months back up in qld (he was staying at the same motel), nice guy, awesome car, small world.

glad to know that the king will be weilding a cranky and dangerous sword, allas from a different empire. Look forward to seeing more of your build.

Cheers,

Drewfus

4. sgtmcd42

sgtmcd42

wow, the Crooked 6 junior is looking GREAT!!!

Way to go. I don't know what you have done on the inside, but the Crooked 6 was coming on strong when I retired it. We ran a 13.39 and that was with me letting up at about 1000ft when I saw the win light on. You should be able to turn some really good numbers. I am excited to hear about your first passes.

5. Thanks, appreciate the support/guidance you've given.

I'm looking forward to it as well, although I think I'll end up sitting this drags out (Dec 2) as I've still got alot of detail stuffing around and politics to deal with, but certainly hope to be racing early next year.

we'll see...

Cheers,

Drewfus

6. AHotRod

AHotRod

WOW!
    What smooth words....I'm moved :) ........and the car looks GREAT.....you'll soon be known world wide as Big-Daddy-Jr !
    Kick some ass Andrew !

7. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

I agree...the car looks very good.

Ron

8. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

HOLY SANTA MARIA Batman!:eek:

I lub it.:D

9. tuf045

tuf045
    from Australia

That Looks Great.

10. Question for you Ron,

at the moment the engine is fairly stock, I do have another head which will be shaved 80 thou, ported, and bigger valves/cam, but for the time being, this arrangement will get me rolling.

Question is, carbs, do you have a reccommended suggestion for the current twin carb arrangment? the ones I was aiming to use have a 1&5/32" venturi, but a friend has suggested I go for the later units that are 1&7/32", your thoughts?

Cheers,

Drewfus

11. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Drewfus........One word sums the car up pretty well.........WOW!!!

Beautiful does not do justice to your creation, that is one great looking car.

You guys have really set the bar high for us who follow, hope our car comes near your standards.

Good job Mate!:D

12. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

Drewfus,
    If your going to run the car soon, connect a vacuum gauge to the intake plenum and let me know what it reads when your at full throttle crossing the finish line. That will tell me what I need to know.

Ron

13. Ron, will do, but might take a while for me to get back to you at the moment.....maybe early next year at the current rate of progress...sadly.

Cheers,

Drewfus

14. Very nice, mate.

See you on the strip!! (later next year ....hopefully). Mopar v. Holden

-Pete.

15. Rand Man

Rand Man

Nice rails down under. How did you make the firewall?

16. Joe Hamby

Joe Hamby

Nice pipe organ to, it looks really nice, the Moble Horse adds to it. It is not finnished? The crooked six had a intake that looked like yours. The roadrunner, with a tired stock motor with a hooker 6 into 1 header and 4barrel intake running on the front barrels only, ran 94 MPH. compression highs 140 to lows 115, when all should be 150psi.

17. Not quite finished, need to tidy some details (wiring, finish steering arms & tie rod, sort out carb linkage/accelerator, mount my 28 radiator surround, bolt down water tank, and fit seat belt, gear shifter & battery).

Getting closer, just need to tidy the details.

This particular motor is a good mild runner, and I have another one spare which will be given some a 'bad dose of attitude', just gotta walk before I run...bit by bit.....

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

18. Aluminium, clamped to cage, then proceeded to bash it with soft hammer till I got the shape I wanted, and trimmed to suit.

I had to press a dimple to clear my steering box, which took me a couple of attempts (I'm new at this), just made a plywood female die with a router, and a chunk of plate for the male shape, and stuck it in the press until I got the shape I needed.

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

19. storm king

storm king

Very nice ride! More pics! I just picked up a 170 /6 from a HAMB'er in Ohio as few weeks ago, and this is exactly what I had in mind. I do need to find a std tranny for it though.

20. Super! That sure is some shiny blue paint. It is looking very fast, just setting in the drive way.

21. Just a very brief update,

After a bit of a pause on the car, it’s finally ready to see some action, with only a tech inspection, and a few petty issues like bleeding the brakes and a wheel alignment left to be done. Car starts, revs, idles, steers, and does basically everything it should.

Its first big outing is this weekend, so, as a heads up, here we come…..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dAnGeR, DaNgEr, here we come,

Drewfus

Note: a big Public thank you to moparsled for helping me with the intake, your efforts and assistance are greatly appreciated and haven't been forgotten, and will be repayed accordingly for your car...

22. Joe Hamby

Joe Hamby

Hi Drewfur, your car looks great, I bet that it will run like it looks. Welcome to the Slant 6 world, and have you done a burnout yet? Joe

23. Was a great feeling to fire up the engine and even better to hear it both idle well, and rev without hesitation or fart, my friend Jim rebuilt the carbs, and so far, so good.
    Not really, it's been raining here, so I'd probably call it more of a skid/slide up the street....;):D

But I certainly hope to have some photo's of tyre smoke come Sunday night....:D

Cheers,

Drewfus

24. VERY nice, mate!

Well done and good luck on the weekend.

And remember... if you snooze you lose! :)

Stage shallow and leave early.

25. tmf

tmf

Looks great.

When is the tech inspection. Saturday?

26. No, I'm taking it to Sydney tonight after work (yes, another sleepless night....running on empty) where the car will be looked over by a ANDRA tech inspector who we regularly deal with, and he'll deal with the log book/paperwork for me (as a favour, assuming it's up to standard) so I can race on Sunday.

Cheers,

Drewfus

27. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

Congratulations on a great looking car! Let us know how it runs and describe in detail your thoughts/feelings on your first run down the strip.

Ron

28. that sucker's looking GREAT!!!

looking forward to the report of the shakedown runs.

I just hope that intake gets you where you want to go! Glad to see you using it.

29. Ahhh....good to see another MoPar convert. Make sure you give that Leaning Tower of Power a thorough caning for me man !!

Well done !!

Rat

30. Oooh gotta love ol' tilty!!!

What manifold is that Andrew? My Father in law picked up one similar with carbs and linkages for his S series last year.