Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The "Keep on Truckin' " '34 Chevy Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by cactus1, Jun 16, 2009.

1. daddio211

daddio211

Glad to see you made it the hillclimb again. We had planned to go but the wife had to go to Missouri to see family. Maybe next year, and we may even drive her T there.

2. walter

walter

Nice build thread! You get waaaay more done in a day than I do. I hope to see your little truck in person I really like it!
    Walter

3. Hey thanks Walter! I have actually been meaning to update this thread. Though not any real progress has been made on the truck, we have been driving the snot out of it, ha! We just got back from the third Hot Rod Hill Climb and our trip was a little less eventful than previous years so that was nice. I'll post a few pics in the next couple of days. For now, here is one from @travisfromkansas that I think is pretty neat.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  4. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

Super Cool build and story, good times Man. Cheers!

cactus1 likes this.
  5. Alanwrench

Alanwrench
    from Camas,Wa.

I have a pair of 16x 7" wide fives 'I will take 150.00 for the pair.call me at 360 609 0594.
    Thanx,Al

6. rafael salas

rafael salas
    from california

mind if i share my frankenstein i belive it is

7. Share away?

nunattax likes this.
  8. rafael salas

rafael salas
    from california

3AFDC34E-CCB5-4ED7-9C59-3664C0E3852D.jpeg CDBDF05E-9C42-4F06-B32B-685693B40600.jpeg 2BAA821D-91E0-4291-BCFC-4D6F79881B09.jpeg 763C06C9-E3AE-4419-B27D-9273DEB7F0AA.jpeg First of all love your build very well made wich is why I wanted to share mine I recently acquired its complete as u can see in the pics so here’s my dilemma I don’t know to much about motors let alone rat rods trucks or what not I’m a ex knucklehead who just recently came into light of these badass builds like yours and I got this one here one of my many problems what is it?second should I keep the original engine it came with or upgrade to a bigger Chevy engine and would it pull this beast cause I don’t know anything about it this Frankenstein dump truck I have ideas in my mind when I saw yours how I would like to do this dually of mine Chevy style circa late 20s look but want that ratrod dually bulldog stance to it cause just hauling it got me a lot of likes and hey that’s a badass truck u wanna sell it and I said to myself first thing this is gonna get me a lot looks and maybe I could promote my business I want to start with or should I sell it I know ultimately it’s up to me but would like someone unbiased opinion financially I could probably get it running pay someone to start it up for me or should I sell it and make mostly all profit but I’m at a dilemma as well I could always get another one or can maybe make one later on but is it that easy to make or sell it or keep it cause there very costly to make and I already have one I got for practically nothing I’m at a crossroads with this hopefully I make sense as I’m trying to still wrap my head around this bad boy I’ve never really cared to much for ratrods actually didn’t even know what the meaning was till few weeks back and now that I came across this site the hamb and the jalopy journal seeing this neat very much badass community of people that like these builds makes this truck just that much more appealing to me cause there’s tons u can do to a ratrod and not get scrutinized by anyone as oppessed to my 1964 chevy impala if I get the wrong trim or stiching from a super sport as to a impala i get scrutinized for having the wrong part ugh sorry I hope I make sense of what I’m trying to say

Attached Files:

nunattax and Tim like this.
  9. I appreciate the kind words about my build! That's a neat rig you've got there but (and no offense intended) not really the kind of vehicle that the HAMB/ Jalopy Journal is about? We try to emulate something you'd see in a "Hot Rod" magazine from the 50s/60s you know? I think if you take the time to cruise around the site and check out some of the builds (there is a build thread index at the top of the first page put together by @Paul (actually look at his builds first!)) you will quickly get an idea of what I'm talking about. There is tons of knowledge, history, and talent on this board so take advantage of it!

I know my truck is a little "ratty" but not what I consider a "rat rod" which has a negative connotation around here, ha!

Anyway, welcome to the forum and let us help you help yourself build a bitchin hot rod!

rafael salas, Tman, Tim and 1 other person like this.
  10. Just for fun here’s a few members cars when we got together for a run a couple years ago. 91868384-E3D7-4AC7-9A67-4406CEF521B2.jpeg

guitarguy, Tim and kidcampbell71 like this.
  11. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

If he wanted to keep it a dump truck the antiquated section might be the spot to start a thread.

based on badges it’s a REO might be cool to use it for parts to build a speedster similar
    To the few la France builds
    Going on?

here’s one
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ican-lafrance-plymouth-v12-speedster.1211786/

And yeah In these parts rat rod= art car just swap it out for hot rod and your good to go

rafael salas likes this.
  12. Those are even questionable as far as fitting in here.

13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I see a lot of weird stuff in the antiquated section so figured a dump truck was worth a swing. See lots of odd powered speedsters though.

14. I would rather look @Plowboy 's ls powered Zephyr than some of the shit that gets a pass here.

nunattax and cactus1 like this.