Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The "Keep on Truckin' " '34 Chevy Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by cactus1, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Finally caught up on this thread... Great to see you are able to drive it more!
    See you two at the HAMB Drags soon? I keep forgetting to send you a PM --- I do still have your chainsaw from the Joplin Tornado recovery trip. If it's cool with you, I'll just bring it to the Drags to get it back to you. Thanks, again!

Nick

2. Ha! Yeah Martin. "M&M's Hauling"! :D

Thanks Brutha! Yep, That's on I-35 just west of downtown KC. We will be at the Drags with it this year fo sho! See you there!

Ha! I am used to that nonsense 'cause my dailies are always trucks! Are you gonna put a ladder rack on the coupe? :D:D

Thanks Nick! I was just looking at chainsaws last week, but I didn't pull the trigger! Thanks for holding on to mine and bringing it to the Drags would be great. We will see you there!

3. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I have to admit I only lurked on your build thread occasionally. I'd check every once in a while but your build thread just makes me giddy. Something about you being able to convey online the emotions throughout the build up to finally driving it! Your early Chevy V8 is one of the nicest I've seen yet. Something about those Fentons just pulls off the look perfectly.

Oh, and has "blammo!" been trademarked yet? :D

iPhone - TJJ App

4. Grommet

Grommet
    from South GA

5. Thanks for taking the time to comment. It is much appreciated!
    Still working on the "Blammo!" liscencing, ha!

Thanks man!

Not much is new. I've been trying to get the old girl to run worth a poop! I hope to see/ meet some of you folks at the HAMB drags ( particularly if you are a mechanic, ha!)

Keep her shiny side up! Woop Woop!

6. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

VERY cool! The bed looks great man. Glad to hear you are getting some drive time. It does make going anywhere fun

Dan

7. Thanks Dan! Did you get yours back together yet?

8. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

No problem man. Not much progress on mine. The new block is at the machine shop though. They have most of the machine work done on the block, & are balancing the rods/pistons/crank etc.

Hopefully will have that stuff back soon. No huge hurry really, I need to win the lottery................

9. Mike, so great to meet you and your wife! The Truck is awesome, amazing work, so clean!

Can't wait to see you again!

TJJ on iPhone

10. Right backatcha' man! That was so damn fun! I can't wait to get together again. Your coupe is so rad! Who'da thunk you could get five dudes itchin' for chocolate malts at 2:00am in there!! Haha!

11. Ghost28

Ghost28

Mike It was really good to meet you and your wife. Your hard work on the truck paid off it looked, and sounded great. Maybe next year I wont have to be spectator and have a car to roll down the track. Maybe I should say race down the track.

John

12. Thanks John! It was great meeting you as well! Your S.I.Law's car is so damn cool, and fast too! It was nice to see your work first hand.

You should deffinitely bring one to race ( or in my case roll, haha!) down the track in. I've never had so much fun going so slow!

13. We should've got a pic of that!

TJJ on iPhone

14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looks great! I'll definitely have to make plans to check it out next time I'm in the KC!

15. I know, right? I'm not sure why we didn't...next year fo sho!

Thanks Tim! You are welcome any time my man.

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Hey Cactus, I think that mount it going to work great!!!! I wish I could make my own out of 1/4" plate but I'm passed the point of monkeying around now and so I think I might order one tomorrow. THEN rush it over to the chrome shop of course :D

Thanks again!!!

17. That's great man! I'm really happy with mine. I was going to make one as well, but at the time I was trying to get finished for the Round Up and it just made sense to cross something off the list. It should be rad chromed out!
    I should send my Fentons your way to take to the "tweaker chrome shop" for me!

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'll make a new batch of crank just let me go pick up some ephedrine and some batteries and will get you squared away!!!! :D Yeah I think the mount will look pretty good chromed too, I just hope that on my next car I have enough sense not to get chrome silly on it. Even though we pay cheap prices it all adds up!!!

I'll let you knows how it looks when I get it back!

19. I know this is kinda late:

So, we made it to the Drags without a hitch ( well sort of.) One of my hub caps came loose and passed me as we were heading toward the highway! After a quick double back, we were on our way. My bro Kevin Lee in his trusty F-1 had the lead and my lovely wife followed in "El Huevo Negro" (our mini van/ chase vehicle, ha!)

We had a ball! I flogged her down the track a few times ( I won't bore you with the videos of me getting half- tracked by Anglia rocket ships and the like :)) nothing fell off and she didn't blow up! I met some great folks and we made it home without a hitch. I was ready to do it again the next weekend!

20. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I saw your truck @ the 'Greaserama' but I couldn't find you. Keep an eye out for the Sunday "BB's Lawnside" cruise coming up in the next month or so.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ.

21. Hey Chris, it was great seeing you at the Drags. It's funny we missed each other a couple blocks from home.

I was trying to remember when that BB's show was. I'll keep an eye out.
    Thanks!

22. Nice video, man!
    Now put up the one from the race! ;)

23. So this weekend in KC was excellent. I took the truck out to the Goodguys Show on Saturday and managed to escape the monsoon. It was a sensory overload out there, lots of great stuff to see. I think my favorite was this B-400 with a Miller head. It was phenomenal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On Sunday, which was my birthday, we went down to the Greaserama late in the afternoon. Saw some old friends and had a ball. Rob Lee and Larry (sololobo) made the trek from Omaha and Rob got a huge trophy from the Punk Rods as their pick for the show. Congrats Rob!

I was pleasantly surprised to get the Misfits (car club) pick for the truck! What a weekend. Thanks Misfits!

[​IMG]

24. Which one of my blistering 19 second runs would you like to see? Haha!

25. Hey, you gotta start somewhere!
    That was your first runs on the strip, right?
    See, I didn't even make it that far yet...

Oh, and happy belated birthday to you!

26. Congratulations on the Mis-Fit pick & Happy Birthday Man!!

TJJ on iPhone

27. Yup, first runs. I got some tunin' ta do. Thanks Martin!

Thanks Mikers!!

28. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i can't believe i missed this thread til now! what a rad truck.

and mikey- i promise i'll get you those measurements once my homework is done.

the life of an aged college student is overwhelming!

29. Mike, I noticed something: if you really just turned 39 then who is the guy driving your tuck in all them videos? :D

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  30. Thanks Mark! That means a lot buddy!
    Oh, and no sweat on the measurements. Whenever you have time will be great. Thanks!

Martin, one day you will look in the mirror and ask yourself, "who the fuck is that old man?!"

I've always had an old soul, now I have the appearance to match, ha!
    Jeffery James told me I looked like one of the Devil's Rejects!