Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jim Walker kustoms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 00 MACK, May 4, 2005.

1. Rikster

Rikster

00 Mack, I guess this is the Jim Walker, Brewer built Chevy as it looks now.

[​IMG]

2. 00 MACK

00 MACK

3. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

I remember a pic of the two-toned Chevy pictured above in some other thread on here.One more thing regarding the Steve Anglin Coupe.It's easy to see the car is very low and since the pics are from 1983 I presume the stance was achieved without using bags.Cool to see hardcores who drive their cars this low all the time.Is there any information about suspension/chassis/floor mods in the article ? Maybe the car was juiced ?

[​IMG]

4. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Frenz,
    No detail in the article about how it was lowered. I would guess lowering blocks in the rear and maybe drop spindles in front. There were not many hydraulic cars in the Eastern USA in the early eighties. (Except for the Louisville, Kentucky area.)

5. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Hey Anthony Charlie Brewer's an original Cincinnati Rumbler and a good friend to our club. He gave us two original plaques and his blessing to use their name.
    Did he sell the Chevy?

6. Silva

Silva

Great post!Thanks to all who participated.I remember that feature in american Rodder,Hard to believe its been that long..........Good stuff.

7. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Nads,Which Chevy are you referring to?I talked to him last night but didnt think to ask what he owned now.

8. Rikster

Rikster

This I found the other one.. chopped with Crestliner trim.
    I knew I had seen it somewhere...
    I thought a magazine article, could not find it anywhere, then I looked again in my unsorted section of Internet downloaded pictures... and there it was.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Rickster, you're the man!-MIKE:D :D

10. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Rikster is king

11. 00 MACK

00 MACK

When I asked Charlie Brewer about this one he said 'I only helped" and I said ''YEAH,YOU SURE DID"

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The tan and gold one.

13. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

I think the black one belonged to Butch Bunn. I also think it was not only chopped but also channeled. Saw it at the Rebel Run 2 years ago and talked to Butch about it. That looks like Butch's motorhome behind the car in the picture. Butch is a pretty large guy and with it channeled the bottom of the steering wheel rubbed on the top of his thighs; was a pretty close fit but man what a beautiful car!

14. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Nads,The Chevy is now down here and was built by Brewer for Jim Walker .The guy who owns it now is a cool guy from Queens who digs the car no matter who built it.If Im not mistaken it was at your show this year.

15. Got some news for you guys on Charlie Brewer!

I just spoke with his son Charlie about this stuff. Rumor has it he may be moving out here to Phoenix :rolleyes:

I would like to divulge more info but I will let him speak for himself, HAMB name is supposed to be BrewerKustoms

16. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Yep Anthony it was, and it had folks drooling, it's a lovely car.

17. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Major alert...I forgot to mention the chopped Watson style 58 bird that Brewer chopped and the early style chopped maroon 49 Caddy fastback that he did I believe for Jim Stockton!! If no one posts pics,Im buyin a fuckin scanner tommorow!! Than Ryan will kill me.

18. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

I see light at the end of the tunnel...

19. 00 MACK

00 MACK

You guys are going to get a look at every New York New Jersey custom that no one ever saw.

20. loogy

loogy

Please-o-please buy a scanner.

21. Kustm52

Kustm52

Been meaning to add this to the Brewer discussion since the first of this post. I was good friends with Jerry Hill, who grew up around the Cincinatti area. If I remeber what he told me correctly, the chevy pictured (gold and white) was an old custom, built "back when", and had changed hands many times, always staying in that area..i think Jerry had done some custom work on it at one time himself. If I remember correctly, it was red when Charlie Brewer got it, and he built it into the configuration it is today. He then sold it to Bill Couch, who took it to Florida when he moved there a few years ago...Bill then traded it for a truck...not sure who owns it now. I sure wish I had bought the chopped and sectioned fleetline project that Charlie had for sale several years ago...

Brian

22. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Blast from the past.... I'm doing a quick search and bringing up some older post to reconsider...

23. Rikster

Rikster

Not a Jim Walker custom, but since Charlie Brewer was mentioned as well in this post I figured I post another picture of one of his creations.

Sorry for the poor photo.

Steve Anglin standing proud next to his Super low Shoebox.

[​IMG]

And a bit sharper image of the Jim Walker 36 Ford

[​IMG]

40 Ford convertible with perfect Carson top

[​IMG]

And the perfectly proporioned chop on his 40 Ford coupe

[​IMG]

biggeorge and chryslerfan55 like this.
  24. Mutt

Mutt

I believe the Olds behind the Walker '40 is Preacher's car.

Mutt

biggeorge likes this.
  25. 00 MACK

00 MACK

You are correct.Now we need the chopped Watson style 58 T Bird.

26. Mutt

Mutt

I've got the T-bird on video, but I'm not sure about photos. I'll dig around.

Mutt

27. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

How did I miss this post back in the day??? Great post on great customs...

28. epinut

epinut

Yeah,same here... Sure would like to see more of that Anglin -50. Anybody got something to share?:)

29. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

I have really enjoyed rereading this thread. However I discovered that nearly all the pictures I had posted disappeared. Is there a time limit on uploaded photos?
    Or did they get lost in the meltdown?

In any case, I reedited some of my posts to upload the pics again. The red Charley Brewer 40 Ford is back in place. So is the black Vallance '56 Chevy.

I will need to rescan the Steve Anglin Ford. I'l repost that tomorrrow.

If I missed any you want to see, let me know.

30. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Hey Rot,Igot a scanner and think I might have a pic of your old 58. Send me an E MAIL .The last I saw of Anglins box,it was owned by Chicago custom nut and dealer Rocco Cheiro. It had a lame set of 1 bar flippers(the ones from any 80s catalog.