Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Jalopyrama

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 24, 2011.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Those are a really nice collection of images from both you and your client. Blake I wished I would have introduced myself when I was talking to Ryan. Next time for sure!!!

Thanks for the pics!

2. Looks like a killer show and a good time,thanks for the pics.Jeff your car looks really good.

3. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

Looks like a fun show for sure thanks for the pics.

4. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Very cool! Jeffrey, your coupe looks great!

Any more pics of the '36 next to it?

I like that '57 too.

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks guys, it was a terd compared to other stuff there but I'm really thankful for the compliments.

I was tripping on the Kassa Coupe.....I mean the KASSA COUPE!!! It sounded pretty gnarly when it left as well.

I really liked the 4 roadsters on the end closest to the rollup door. Those cares killed me all weekend and Druss' Vicky was nothing short of rad. He did a great job on that thing and I now want it more then ever.

6. I'm loving that T roadster and the A with the bobbed 32 rails. Sweet!

7. metal man

metal man

Who belongs to the maroon 28 or 29 closed car with wide fives? I would like to see some pictures of the whole thing.Looks like a show that I need to attend in the future. Thanks.

8. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Damn JJ, what a righteous looking ride and the interior just looks tits. Nice job. Should have pressed the issue of the dead doodlebug laying next to the crack pipe.

9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

nice coverage, i think if anyone to ask me what the HAMB generaly consist of i may have to direct them to this post.

youve got people flying across the country to hang out with internet friends who turn out to be actual friends, to much booze, showing up late, shenanagains, AMAZING hot rods and customs. With a little bit of each vein of 'traditional' for everyones personal taste. Along with the big wheels and billit trying to sneak into the frame and the mini trucks sitting on the side street because they thought they could just cruise right in like no one would notice, haha.

glad you had fun on your trip almost north ;)

10. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Great story RC.....nice to hear some folks still know how to have a good time...outstanding rides there and the pics are all excellent....the chop on the five window made the top of my head hurt.....!....¡Hurra por la bebida y los coches tradicionales!

11. the-rodster

the-rodster

I dig a healthy chop, but........

[​IMG]

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

LOL, funny comment, very funny.

Thanks for all the photos fellas. Looks like a great event.

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

If you were to tell me that you were building a street coupe and chopping the top this much I don't think I would be on board, but seeing this thing in person and watching it drive out of the show reassured me that this thing was just as cool as the builder intended it to be. The inside view is even crazier but it's won a place in my heart. It's pretty evil.

14. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Was that coupe sold to someone on the east coast? IIRC, it was built in California.

15. metal man -

Not sure who owns it now ... but that Model A Sports Coupe was built by HAMBer Clark Bates ... here's some more pics of it:

Clark's Sport Coupe 1.jpg Clark's Sport Coupe 2.jpg
    Clark's Sport Coupe 3.jpg Clark's Sport Coupe 4.jpg
    Sport Coupe @ JalopyRama 8 (by cuznbrucie).jpg Sport Coupe @ JalopyRama 8 (by RB35).jpg Sport Coupe @ JalopyRama 8 (by Lyle Willits) 2.jpg
    Sport Coupe @ JalopyRama 8 (by Lyle Willits) 3.jpg Sport Coupe @ JalopyRama 8 (by Lyle Willits) 4.jpg rear of Sport Coupe @ JalopyRama 8 (by cuznbrucie).jpg
    click thumbnails to enlarge

16. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

JJ, the car looks rad! way to go for getting it done. be sure to buy your wife something REALLY nice for the job she did on that interior...

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Agreed. That car doesn't really work in pictures and def. doesn't work in the mind's eye. However, in person it just does. I think a big part of that is that it sounds as pissed off as it looks.

18. -Brent-

-Brent-

JJ, I had no clue the 35 was finished AND it's in the main room. Wow, pretty cool congrats.

I am way out of the loop as far as HAMB build-ups are concerned.

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks dude, I was just in awe of the whole experience.

Yeah I know!!!! I might have to list some things in the classifieds to get it though because the Wizard has taken me for every penny!

20. I think Django is correct ... Here's a couple of snapshots I took of a severely chopped Deuce 5wd @ the '09 GG West Coast Nats in Pleasanton, CA:

Chopped! 5wd - 3-4 front.jpg Chopped! 5wd - rear.jpg
    click thumbnails to enlarge

... other than the moon tank, tires & wheels, it appears to be the same car.

21. Joe Grippo

Joe Grippo

Here are some of my favorites...More in the signature links....

[​IMG]
    10-11_JALOPYRAMA_156 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    10-11_JALOPYRAMA_120 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    10-11_JALOPYRAMA_115 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    10-11_JALOPYRAMA_096 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    10-11_JALOPYRAMA_453 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    10-11_JALOPYRAMA_431 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    10-11_JALOPYRAMA_419 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    10-11_JALOPYRAMA_390 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    10-11_JALOPYRAMA_371 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    10-11_JALOPYRAMA_319 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    10-11_JALOPYRAMA_245 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr

22. Ryan, you say you were.
    No pictures of you = you were not there.
    That's the way we roll on the H.A.M.B.
    No pics, didn't happen.

Tongue totally in cheek.

23. BIGMOPAR

BIGMOPAR

some pics

Attached Files:

24. catdad49

catdad49

Glad to see that you made it back, hopefully with no permament effects. Bartenderesses are usually bad for your health, at least the next morning/afternoon! Cat

25. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

X2! You should enjoy the write-up of it in the Fall 2011 issue of Rod & Kulture. That car is what got me to buy the issue as I'm not too fond of that magazine.

If I remember correctly, it also got a write-up in Street Rodder back in like 2004 or so.. I'd have to dig through to the back of my crap-filled closet to try and find the issue.

I've known that this show is one of the better traditional shows in the country but I'm convinced I'll definitely have to make my way up to New England for that show one year.

26. sonoramic

sonoramic
    from Maryland
    1. Maryland HAMBers

Are we still talkin about hotel rooms?

27. Ah, the old "my baby found a crack pipe so we get the room for free trick!" Well played Jeffrey James (and Memphis!).

What a fantastic gathering of cars! Tuki's roadster is rad. Thanks for the great pics everyone. This looks like a "must attend" to me.

28. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

Looks like you tried to make up for losing your memory card last time. Good job.

29. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Mike SzubaorisitZsuba has excellent taste and excellent contacts...the inner show is GREAT, and almost has the flavor of finding a 1959 Hot Rod Magazine for the first time. The outer show is also above average with only a few badly proportioned or ratrodded cars on the scene.
    Obviously no one was buying stuff, thogh, as I walked away with a dirt cheap deuce gastank and a fabricated early quickchange at the end of the day.
    Next year allocate more time! First day for the show, a couple more afterwards to eat your way arounf the Cheapeake...

30. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

JJ .. I dig your Coupe .. found these today on line

[​IMG]

[​IMG]<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

[​IMG]

[​IMG]