Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jalopy Journal & The H.A.M.B. - Version 7.0

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 12, 2014.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I think you have terrible taste in design. Obviously. :)

Kidding. What ads? If you are logged on, you should see NO ADS AT ALL.

So, first things first... where are you seeing ads?

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Both of these features will be back. #1 will be back soon... #2 as soon as I can.

3. In the watched thread section will there the ability to put the threads in folders as in the previous version. This was very convenient as a reference to threads relating to different areas of my build. I had a LOT of threads I watched.
    Thanks in advance

4. I see them on the iPad app while signed in.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

I'm getting the ads too. Show up about midway through posts on threads.

Attached Files:

6. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

What's the latest update on the Social Groups? As far as ETA,I hope we can upload pics there as easy as here.

7. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

images that worked fine on the old version are not loading on this new version. Some images now have a broken image icon and some just show text ? issues.jpg

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Good question Muttley, I'd like to add to mine to explain my new Avatar. Bob

9. When you click the "TOP" button at the bottom right side of any page it takes you to the General Discussion page instead of the top of the current page. Is that the way it is supposed to work?

10. Mart

Mart

Ryan, this isn't a moan, just an observation.
    On this thread or any with modest amount of pages the page number is easily readable, and the page .. of.. bit is a little smaller.

On the vintage pics of days gone by thread, where the page numbers are in the 4000's, the page numbers are so small as to be unreadable, and the page.. of.. bit looks bigger by comparison. I imagine the page of part is fixed size, but the page number is autosizing, getting smaller with the number of digits in the page number.

Could they all be the same?

For me, on this page the page number is a nice size, but the page of part is a little too small.

Thanks for all the work.

Mart.

11. I had to, I lost the old Vagabond one and did not know how to resize one! And yes, Jeem nailed the artwork on the lakester!@

12. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Now that I switched my browser to Google Chrome, everything looks correct now. The drop down tabs, and even the smiley faces show up.:):D. As a side note, I'm only using Chrome for the HAMB, but IE for everything else. My head will explode if I try to figure out how to navigate 2 things at once. Kudos to gwhite for the help.

13. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Hey Ryan.

I kinda hate to bring this up, since you've really been bustin your balls with the V7 upgrade... (I like it)

Since my Andriod app doesn't work the same as it did with V6, I'm guessing that you will be into updating the apps someday in the future. Right?

I'm sure that you have stuff planned & already scheduled, what cool stuff do we have to look forward to?

14. I will say what others have.............................I really would like the drop down box back at the bottom of the page to make my jumps.

15. flthd31

flthd31

Ryan, Great job getting the preview bubble back today...really missed that.
    Site couldn't be any easier to use and I'm no spring chicken.
    Was wondering about that 5 MB size limit on file uploads. I compressed a trans manual in PDF format today to 2.8 MB and it wouldn't go. Is there an individual file limit as well?

16. sota

sota

no fan of this new format !

17. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:) Hi Ryan.Would it be possible to have a library of avatars for the site?Thanks.
    Now see guys and gals,I told you Ryan was good for something.:rolleyes::p:rolleyes::p
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

18. jhtdon

jhtdon
    from Florida

Love the new Hokey ___ Message Board!

Cheers jhtdon

19. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I would like to thank you for the money I am saying on new glasses.

20. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

I've just got back and must say, GOOD JOB RYAN AND TEAM!!! This new version looks and drives great. Ryan, thanks for all you have done and continue to do.

21. I've gone from racy stripped Lizzy to slow Smog Barge. I love(d) the HAMB, and I'll perservere, but man, my hand is welded to the mouse, and my nose is pressed against the windshield.
    One week in, feels like showroom to backlot.

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  22. thunderplex

thunderplex

The links to the tutorials from your "are ya lost" post are not active for smartphones.

23. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

All your hard work has paid off Guys, I love it.

24. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

I used to be a senior member---now I'm just a member. No senior. Do you have any plans to replace what hair I've lost and maybe touchup the color???

gwhite likes this.
  25. I'll try again. Is there a way to reply to a thread without having to go all the way to the bottom of the page where a blank form with your name lives? Whenever I clik "repy" on the thread it "quotes" the post I cliked the reply button in. I'm not hitting the "quote" button.

26. Sweet! Cause my build thread is one of those few.

Everything else is great so far! The new changes push the envelope into social media. The late addition of Instagram stuff is really gunna pay off from a content standpoint! I have noticed some lag after scrolling through threads on the ipad. It seems better today though, so hopefully your getting that licked too! You've got my support and alliance membership going forward!

27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

There is not. Works like the old hamb in that regard.

And sorry, trying to take the weekend off.

28. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Thanks man!

29. I don't remember having that on the old HAMB. It's not all that important. I was just putting it out there to see if I was doing something wrong. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. In fact, all the time you took making these changes.......take another day for yourself. It must've been a ton of sleepless nights