Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jalopy Journal & The H.A.M.B. - Version 7.0

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 12, 2014.

1. farmer12

farmer12

This is certainly a change for the better! Love the layout. Congrats to you Ryan and the rest of the team for making it happen!

2. 1953 FORD

1953 FORD
    from new mexico

WOW!!!!!!! I am in complete and total love with the new layout. It looks great and so much easier to read.

How do I do the Instagram thing?

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

My favorite new feature. Here is a tutorial on how to use it: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/new-feature-instagram.879922/

We are the first forum in the world to do this. My team of developers (ok, my german) did an incredible job with it.

4. Good stuff man. I didn't think they'd be your doing. Hope the fight goes well.

sent via classroom note. pass it on

5. I like the redesign, it will take a little getting use to, in the end the improvements will make a great site even better. One question, one of the things I liked about the old board was the ability to load all pages in a thread on one page, is it possible to still do so?

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

No. That is the one feature that we lost. As you might imagine that is a really resource intensive feature... That being said, I am working on some code right now to bring it back.

7. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I appreciate the amount of work and good intentions that must have gone into this new version 7 of the HAMB, but it just dont have that traditional feel for me.

I guess I will come around over time.

There are a lot of old farts on the HAMB that struggled with various operations especially posting pic's so I hope they wont be left behind and have to start the struggle all over again, not being so technology literate as the management is...

8. Ryan, hope everyone realizes the immense amount of work and detail that is necessary to pull off an upgrade as large as this. Seen many in my time that just didn't make it. I am impressed with the new format. Like anything new it will take some effort to learn our way around but it will certainly be worth the extra effort. Job well done..........dry off your feet and take a nap for about a week!

9. The new HAMB has a ' feel ' of fine journalism to it .... :cool:
    I have been an Alliance Member for (6) years now and will continue
    Thanks Ryan !

Jim

10. Chuck R

Chuck R

It seems like once I signed into the Hamb again the ads stopped.
    chuck

11. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Congrats mate, I'm sure I can speak for most here, we appreciate the work and time put in, a job well done.
    Thommo.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The only reason the old site felt traditional is cuz I made it feel that way to you. I'll do the same with this one, just give me a chance.

At the end of the day, no websites feel traditional cuz they aren't tactile.

**Ohhh, and ironically the fonts used in old site were all browser fonts made after about 1983. This site uses custom fonts of which none were made after 1912. That might be the most embarrassing thing I've ever typed.

As for image uploading, it is now wayyy easier than it was before. Check it out: How To Post Images On A Thread

Yes sir. And thank you for the nice words man. Sincerely.

13. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

Thanks for all your hard work guys....just one thing....I'm a complete plum on comps cos I'm an old fart....I've tried clicking on the little envelope for pm,s but my messages don't come up....are all the old ones gone?...just askin cos I was negotiating buying wheels from one of the guys on here...bob

14. All good no rush, site is great, image uploader is easy to use.

Attached Files:

15. looks great!

16. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

This is going to take a while to get used to.. Did we lose all our PM's? Also it says I'm a "new member" even though I joined almost 8 years ago?

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

No. All your private messages are still here. Roll your mouse over the envelope on the top right, and then click, "Show all." Like this:

convo.jpg

18. Bcometfx

Bcometfx
    from NC Indiana

Only been on a couple minutes and I love the new layout for the app!!!!

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I haven't made much hoopla about the new APP simply because I'm so pissed off about the ads on it...

20. MRpants

MRpants
    from pea ridge

so glad its back. looks rad too.

21. model a helper

model a helper

I didn't know what to do with myself for a week. And honestly, I was worried what it would be like when it did come back. I've been here all of 15 minutes and have no worries. This is one pretty website. You really outdid yourself ryan.

22. model a helper

model a helper

It just occurred to me. The website looks like the book you did a couple of years ago. No?

23. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Man, guys... I'm so happy to get these responses. Seriously. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. You are really putting me at ease. Humbled. Excited. Just really grateful to be honest with you.

@model a helper You got it!

24. clem

clem

My family thanks you Ryan, I've been grumpy all week, now we'll be okay again. We'll done! Much improved, still finding new touches. Thanks. Clemens.

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  25. 'bout like a new pair of work shoes. Takes a while to get used to them but will wonder how I got along without them. I like the lay-out and send some rain up to Kansas.

26. I hate change, I must admit you did your home work on this one...Thanks for bringing us forward in the race to stay in the past..

27. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

A true work of art Ryan..thanks for all the hard work.

MRpants likes this.
  28. You done good Ryan. Thanx for all the effort.

29. Bcometfx

Bcometfx
    from NC Indiana

Screw the ads. If you can't get rid of them it's not gonna stop me from coming back. I didn't like them on the old layout because I kept hitting it. Haven't had that problem yet with the new.

30. bt34

bt34

The bigger print is kool as well as the other features...withdrawals gone...