Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jalopy Journal & The H.A.M.B. - Version 7.0

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 12, 2014.

1. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Hell of a change, Sir. Tuning seems to be coming along nicely as well.
    Get some sleep.

My question; will the font, size, and etc, selections in the bar above the reply box eventually be "peg-able" to our preferred settings, or will we continue setting'em for each use?

2. my47buicksuper

my47buicksuper
    from sunny fl.

i just got used to the old site dam here we go agen

3. Fenders

Fenders

don't know if it's been mentioned but I miss not being able to hover over a thread title and get a feel for the subject before clicking on it...
    Aside from that... good show, Ryan!

4. Damn, every little tweak just makes this whole thing so easy! Thanks for putting up with the whiners, the change is all worth it!!-MIKE:D

5. Thanks.
    Guess I'll need to pay closer attention to where it is. Always assumed it was at the end of the text. A return before loading the picture should help.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. I went to click on more under the search tab and it just shook and nothing happened. Is there something I am missing with that?

7. Ryan, no page numbers at the bottom of my page.
    What a pain in the ass I am!!

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Dean, it's not you... It's me! :)

Looks like I have some bugs to fix. I'm on it.

9. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Thanks, boss!

10. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

You fixed the distorted avatars, THANKS! p.s. great job with the new look and your personalized service to each question.

11. Shaun1162

Shaun1162

Overall the site looks great! The white is taking some getting used to, but I guess I'll adapt.

By far the best new feature (to me) is the fact that when someone it quoted the entire message isn't displayed. I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets annoyed when someone quotes a post with multiple pictures and it takes up half my screen, and that little feature will finally get rid of one of my biggest pet peaves. Small feature compared to the rest of the re-design, but seriously- that made my day when I noticed that feature.

I do have to echo some of the other members though about some of the missing features though...

Scrolling over the title and getting a preview was one of my favorite features from the old forum, and I'm really hoping you get a chance to bring it back.

Another item is with the "show all" function, where all comments would load on a page. Boy that was helpful! I'm really missing that feature, saved me a ton of time- especially when looking at build threads that are some times dozens of pages long.

I don't mean to sound nit-picky, just some suggestions. Myself, and all the other members, greatly appreciate all the hard work that you put into this forum- I know I'd be lost without it!

12. Ryan, Thanks for fixing the advanced search bug. You are on top of it. "I like it, I like it alot"(Dumb and Dumber voice)

13. If I clik "reply" anywhere on a thread it "quotes" the post I hit reply from. Is the only way to reply without quoting to go all the way to the bottom of the page from now on? There sure are a lot of changes this time around. So far it's mostly managable

14. How about auto subscribe again to a thread when you post in it? I always forget and then it's a bitch to sometimes find that thread. THX

15. Mine are auto subscribing. When I post on a thread, it shows up in my Watched Threads...

16. Ya, OK, your the "boss", I guess the days of "don't fix it, if it ain't broke" are over!

Been a member all these years, and hangin since 03, I appreciate your effort, just don't see the need.

Got to learn this one all over again.

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You can turn that off if you want...

18. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Ryan I gotta say you dun good the hours put into version seven was worth the effort. Anyone sending you hate Emails needs to get a life or how about this work on their cars for a change!

19. Ryan, I have absolutely no idea, can not comprehend or even imagine all of the work you had to perform to get this finished product. But I am forever thankful for your expertise and devotion to this site. Back in my working days (been retired for a LONG time) I had to execute somewhat similiar procedures on computers but nothing even close to what you had to do so I really appreciate the labors you performed. The site is PERFECT.

20. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

It's looking great and I'm getting accustom to it. One thing I miss from the old format is being able to see where members are from with their user name and avatar .
    Thanks for all the hard work.

21. ochamsrasor

ochamsrasor
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ryan, It will be a challenge to top this, your work product is phenomenal.

22. metal man

metal man

I just noticed(accidentally) how easy it is to multi-quote now. That's nice.

Also, did I understand correctly that we can now search the classifieds by state? That's a great idea.

23. metal man

metal man

I think you should get rid of the default avatar. It is confusing because a lot of members now have the same one.

24. @Ryan just noticed when using safari on the iPad and choosing to insert an instagram pic you can't scroll down through the pics. Instead the page beneath the open window scrolls down.

25. I think people should put up an avatar.
    I also like the question mark on it.
    For those that know, that is a cool touch/tribute.

26. daddylama

daddylama

finding cool new things here and there...
    really dig the site. easy to use, clean design...
    easy to read on an android, too (sure makes sitting through meetings at work much more bearable!)

27. Mart

Mart

Hover your mouse over the avatar pic. all the info is there.

Mart.

28. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

On the iPhone app, Participated threads show "none".

I like that you have font size control on the app. I've tried it with the mobile theme in the browser and I agree with the too-much-space-between-lines crowd.

29. HOW?

30. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Not on my PC. The pic dissappears, and becomes an empty white square :(