Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jalopy Journal & The H.A.M.B. - Version 7.0

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 12, 2014.

1. stimpy

stimpy

Had me worried there for a while as the last time this happened to a board I was on it was sold to the scums at autoguide . glad to see its still in your hands . the look will take a while to get used to also .

2. stimpy

stimpy

and also the font is easier on us older guys with trifocals.

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hey man, read this:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/new-feature-classifieds-search-by-state.922611/

I didn't want to delete them all, but felt this addition was worth it. Besides, our classified ads only have an average life of 16 days anyway. So, in 16 days you won't have anything to complain about.

4. I like it. I can actually post pictures now.I don't understand all the new likes, trophies, etc yet but so far its all good. What an immense job!

5. pontman

pontman

I have looked around to say you have done a fine job

6. Silverado85

Silverado85

Ryan,

I just read all the many pages of V 7.0 posts. It's fun to see that the HAMB users' sic humor has returned! You have built a great brand. Hey, I had to learn something new today. That's not all bad - Cheers!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Wow! Better than I expected!

8. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

I was almost starting to go into withdrawals, Vintage Shots... is like a drug, only a good one. Site looks good, just take a little getting used to.

9. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

OK - that is a cool new feature . I'm just saying I found some headlights on a 2009 ad before the site changed and was able to get a hold of the guy. He still had them for sale. Some people get tired of bumping ads.... So. I thought everything old on the HAMB was forever preserved for reference instances .
    That new search feature is something it was always hoping for.

10. I know there have been many a question bout this but, im still confused about the member titles. I am called new member, when people who joined after me and have less posts are just a member? Has the system changed?

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ignore user titles. Everyone else does. I just haven't set them up right yet.

12. Ok! Thanks Ryan!

14. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

I went to post a for sale add in the classifieds via the I-pad app and a message popped up that says I don't have enough permission! What is this all about? How do I get permission? I also found out that with the app that price box/section is not visible in the app, the only way to find out the price is if it's posted in the field or sending a pm to the seller.. Any help would be great on this or maybe it's just me not used to the set up! Thanks, Ryan

15. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

The last week has been hell- no HAMB and the gf is out of the country
    so I had to eat my own cooking. Makes me realize just how much this
    site means to me- thank you Ryan for all you have done with this site
    and continue to do. I will join the Alliance just as soon as I can put it together.

16. 24 Dodge

24 Dodge
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This new version is going to take some time to get used to. Being and old fart it may take me some time as we old guys don't like change. Ryan keep up the good work and don;t let it get you down.

17. Hey Ryan, sight looks and functions great.
    I have noticed that all my pics in my threads have disappeared. In order to get nice big pics, I used to load pics into an album then insert the link into my thread. My guess is the album pics were moved so the links went dead???????? Check out the Chemical City Coupe Build Thread for an example. I know I'm not the only schmuck who posted pics like this so I hope there is a fix. If not, all my build threads and anything I've posted for the last few years are
    Pretty much worthless.
    Thanks again for all your effort making this the best site on the net.

18. Anything posted using HTML is now just text.

19. metal man

metal man

Life has been very busy lately, so I haven't been here much since the launch, meaning I haven't taken the time to poke around a whole lot. I have no complaints at this time, and I certainly do appreciate the effort put into the re-launch.

That said, I have several questions already.
    1. What is my "status", and why would I update it?
    2. What is this"no messages on your profile"? Why would there be messages on my profile?
    3.What are "likes received"?
    4.What are "trophy points"?
    5. Why am I a new member again?
    6. What are all the weird symbols below the photos in my albums? Stars and whatnot.

There will be more questions I'm sure.

20. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

About to fix this.

21. I really can't believe some people are shitting on this. This is great and I'm a miserable, cynical son of a real bitch, so that's saying something.

22. Guiseppe

Guiseppe
    from Washington

Ryan, as a sysadmin I know of the huge challenge of simply running a forum like this, let alone migrating to a new version (w/ content)! So far, I really like the navigation; the only thing I've noticed is there is no option to go directly to page # in a forum, so if you don't want to go to the last page of a forum, or 5-10 pages ahead/behind there's not a readily available way to do it. I'm liking the new changes!

23. htweelz

htweelz
    from Maryland

Well done sir! Thanks for all of the hard work you put into the site. I knew the wait would be worth it! I have to admit I was going through some withdrawal. :)

24. ken bogren

ken bogren

Very nicely done Ryan!

25. Steel A Rod

Steel A Rod

Love the new look!
    Thanks for all the effort, it's great.

26. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

At the moment, we don't allow folks to place classified ads using the app as the app doesn't support the extra thread fields (state, price, etc...) you may do so through your mobile browser.

This will be fixed this week.

Fix coming

27. What happened to the COE group? I checked previous posts and they are locked?

28. DRD57

DRD57

Bitchin!
    Good job.

29. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

Very nicely done Ryan. I'm still a bit lost, but then... some would say I've always been.

30. Appreciate the return of the H.A.M.B.
    Thanks Ryan and Crew !