Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jalopy Journal & The H.A.M.B. - Version 7.0

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 12, 2014.

1. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Yay! Were back!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

It's too bright! This is gonna take some getting used to.

3. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

A MILLION THUMBS UP ON THE EASE OF LOADING AN IMAGE!!!

My question is how/can you search the classifieds?
    Also how do you open all the replies to a thread instead of going page by page?

4. Fresh. Classy. Congratulations!

5. the flatlander

the flatlander

I can see what u did on your "vacation".......really a great job of updating "our" website. Give yourself a raise. Can I send in my $50 now? Alan :)

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

In any damn way you want. :)

Check it out:

New Feature: Classifieds Search By State!

Yes, they are... Although if you believe certain conspiracy theorist, I am very much like the NSA in that I monitor all private messages, search them daily for the mention of my name, and ban folks for what they say in them... So, are they REALLY private? Or just the illusion of private? ;)

Kidding, of course. Your private conversations are just that - PRIVATE. As for the new system of conversations, I'm not sure I like it quite yet. It seems overly complicated, but I am giving it a chance.

7. justachevyguy

justachevyguy
    from Miami, Ok.

I wanted to add my two cents........GREAT JOB ON THE NEW SITE!

8. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

This is great. Like trading in that old flat black rod with the red wheels for a shiny new car with mags.

9. So far I like it. New gadgets are always fun. Still haven't quite figured out the classifieds.

Did we loose all the old classifieds? Cleanup?

10. jwcaddy

jwcaddy
    from golden,co.

Thanks guys for your hard work!!!!!! I thought Bad Bob took the hamb with him.

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

1. Social Groups have not gone live yet.

2. The google ads are not put there by me and I'm making no money off of them. I'm currently fighting them over it.

3. You sound a bit insecure... It's ok man. We all like you here. It's cool. Let your guard down. Be you.

4. No. There is not. Once you are old, you are just that. Old. I'm learning that the hard way too...

5. Yes, please... by all means...

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yes, all the old ads are gone.

13. What's the points system all about?

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I haven't spent time on that at all yet. Ignore it for now. I think in the future I will build it into some kind of classified feedback system.

15. RichG

RichG

Nice setup, gorgeous in fact! I like the idea of getting rid of the titles, other than Alliance member I don't think they mean diddly-squat!

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Great. Now there will be several threads on where stuff is or isn't and what everyone did while the HAMB was down.

On that note, I once worked at a paint and body shop. I got up feeling under the weather and called the owner to tell him I couldn't make it. He told me,"Well, stay home if you need to. But when someone's not around and things still go as usual, I discover that I don't really need that person after all. Get well soon."

17. Silverado85

Silverado85

Ryan, Thanks for all you do and for your enthusiatic approach to the new website supporting our car building, collecting and storytelling :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. chrisp

chrisp

It's too bright ! And I'm lost ! But like a drug addict I crawl back out from the corner of my room where I was curled up in ball crying for the last 4 days and want more.

Gizzy likes this.
  19. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a thing that says to download this to get private messages. Can this be trusted??

20. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

No ! I see that also, but when I log in, it's gone. :) That thing is a friggin' ad :(

21. Looks great, like any update...once you figure out how to use it, you'd hate to go back

22. Why does it say I'm a new member though? I've been here since '09

23. JUNK ROD

JUNK ROD

It looks great, presentation is awesome! Good job!

Thanks!

:)

24. b-bob

b-bob

This should all come together, just give it time.
    We need to be patient, before you know it, it will be the new norm.

25. mikegt4

mikegt4
    from SW Ohio

First the Garage Journal disappeared, then the HAMB was gone, I was lost without them. Glad to see that at least the HAMB is back and I can appreciate the massive effort to upgrade to V7.
    It appears that most of the upgrade was to become more Andriod phone friendly. Being a greybeard retiree who hates change, I don't have an Andriod phone so in several ways, at least for me, it seems to be a step that has some negative attributes. I like the new quote box and the pulldown menus but what is with all the vacant space? I can not even see 3 short posts on my screen at a time, it seems to be a sea of white with a line of print and a huge avatar. I am going to have to install high speed bearings on my scroll wheel.

26. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Once I learn to drive this new hot rod, I'm sure I will like it. Looks great!

And I had just gotten throughout the withdrawals. Here I am hooked again....

27. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

OK I'll ask again .... what about past images posts that are now just useless text?

28. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm lost; this is going to take some time to catch up.

HellsHotRods likes this.
  29. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We didn't lose any images in the move. None. Send me a link to a thread that is doing this and I'll check it out.

30. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

So when a guy does a search in the classifieds for a part that never sold and now he needs it for his build--- it's gone!!! I don't understand wiping out all the classifieds . I'm not sold on the change yet .