Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jalopy Journal is 15...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 13, 2009.

1. KK500

KK500

A daily obsession...................for all of us. Congrats.
    Jim

2. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

You sir are the MAN! Thanks

3. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Thank you for your vision 15 years ago, and the passion.
    The HAMB is probably the biggest change to our hobby since the Birth of HOT ROD magazine in the early 50's.
    It has made us a world wide car club of sorts and for those that use the search feature a hudge information resourse.

thanks again jim h

4. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Need a HAMB fix daily.............Happy Birthday

5. DaveInc

DaveInc

Hey Ryan (and the other old school HAMBers),

Happy Birthday!

I'm not a rodder, I don't own a real rod, I didn't grow up around trad rods, I've only been lurking here a short while......

However, I read the site almost every day and you are feeding the fire. A huge, burn the garage down fire. Every post inspires me to keep collecting parts, learn new skills, build a garage bigger than my house, stash money in the "rod fund", go to local shows and meets, and maybe one day have that bitchen' rod that you all have fueled my desire to own.

Keep up the obsession, it's mine now too. Best, David

6. Happy birthday J.J.! It was a blurb in R&C or maybe roddin at random that turned me on to the Journal those years ago. In fact, I didn't even desire a computer till a freind showed me the HAMB. Thanks Ryan. The effort you've put into this has had the best results. There are teachers that use this site as an example of how to do it right.

7. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Congrats!!! This is the BEST forum period! Thanks Ryan.

8. noodle9000

noodle9000

Yeah for obsession!

9. moefuzz

moefuzz

Ryan,

Congratulations on coming so far in such a relatively short period of time.

The H.A.M.B. is The Benchmark that all other Automotive Publications should aspire to become.

Although I am a relative new comer to the Forum, I can humbly understand what it must have felt like when you got all your ducks lined up in a nice row and fired up the forum for the first time. I can also humbly understand what it must have felt like when your new forum crashed for the very first time.

Ryan, I would like to take this time to Thank You Personnely for your perseverance through all the good and the bad times.
    As well as thank you for the inspiration to take on new challenges in an effort to bring the masses together for the sole purpose of sharing our combined knowledge.

Your quotes From Wally and Steve are inspirational, I have a favorite quote I'd like to share, I think It's as appropriate today as it was 70+ years ago or maybe just 15 years ago..

Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.
    -Henry Ford

Thanks again for all you've done.

Cheers, Here's looking toward a future filled with Blue Skies, Loud Pedals, Knowledgeable Friends and Humble Acquaintances.....

[​IMG]
    moe

10. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

11. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

Happy Birthday!!!! And thank you Ryan!!! This place here is source of inspiration to many people around the world...Ive seen guys here form everywhere...Holland, Australia, Italy, England even Brazil like me and a couple of guys here...We just can say THANK YOU once more!!!!

12. autobilly

autobilly

Fifteen years and the most read Hot Rod "publication" in the world, amazing achievement. Congratulations and thanks!

13. Thanks for helping me get through my 3rd shift job every night!:rolleyes::D Back in 1994 I had owned my OL 55 for 22 years! I still have it (37 years). Some things just get better with time...........

14. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

Thanks Ryan and all the guys behind the scenes who keep this site running like a well oiled machine.

I can't say enough about all the the things I have seen and learned here.
    And the people you get to know on here.... Well, I feel like the little bee girl in the blind melon video for the song no rain.:D

GET A DAMN ALLIANCE MEMBERSHIP if you don't have one and support this place!

15. Mopar34

Mopar34

After 224 posts just about everything that can be said has been. So I will just say "Thank you, Ryan". Your efforts are sincerely appreciated by many including me.

16. Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Many thanks to the HAMB!!! Fifteen years, many new friends, parts, tech articles, and more...what else can a hot rodder ask for? Ryan, we appreciate all of your efforts, especially for providing us with a forum that offers a lot.

17. Choptop

Choptop

Congrats and thanks for the efforts over the years.

I remember when I stumbled across JJ, while screwing around at a job i didnt like, and thinking... "my people!". I read about Billetproof and knew I had to go, the rest as they say is history.