Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jalopy Journal is 15...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Gorehound

Gorehound
    from Delaware

Its been said so many times already but here is one
    more.....THANK YOU!

Like Rogue...i think alot of us miss GERM's rants (just like the 50's bro)tm.
    and do i dare mention Mud:D

2. Ryan, you are the right man for the job! Your vision and hard work have made the H.A.M.B. what it is. Congratulations. Thanks to all your helpers too.

3. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

15 YEARS???

What were you, 12 years old? :D

1994. I was driving my crappy Lincoln Cosmo Coupe, still un-chopped, flattie powered, and fairly stock. There weren't as many fish in our pond back then, was there?

4. poorboy

poorboy

Thanks and Congrats Ryan!!! The HAMB is awesome! It even helped get my car chopped! Here's to another 15 years!

5. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

If you love your work, youll never work a day in your life!
    I know, I do the same. Thanks !!!

6. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

This little thing of yours sure has some horsepower!

Thanks Ryan.

7. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

What's that in cat years?
    Thanks Ryan.

8. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Congrats Ryan ," ourspace "is all the better with your "cyberspace" creation , here's to the next 15 yrs .

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You guys want old school? I looked for this all day. This isn't the first version, but it's pretty close. Christian (Primer!) taught me how to include images when Netscape came out.

Thanks for all the nice words fellas...

Attached Files:

10. joebuick

joebuick

happy birthday hamb and thanks alot ryan!!

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ohhh... and btw, the HAMB actually didn't come to be until a couple of years later. In fact, I think the hamb turned 13 in December.

12. Happy B-Day Jalopy Journal!

Thank you Ryan for everything you have done for our hobby.

13. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

the first thing most people do is log into the news, sports, and weather, not me, i check this website before i do anything, eveything else is only a second thought. this place has opened my eyes wider than they have ever been. thank you, ryan, and thanks to eveyone who puts this forum into perspective! just a thought, maybe some sorta party or worldwide get together to celebrate this achievement. there's gotta be a few party people here! i know i'd spend my vacation time to attend! anyone else?

14. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

Congratulations Ryan,
    best site on the www

15. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Happy Birthday. Thanks for putting together a site that has neat teck ideas ,photos and cars. I dont have to worry about what is going topop up on the screen. As i have young ladies in my house. Happy birthday and many more

16. As one who has been around for awhile (68 years), who's been involved with car projects for a year or two, it amazes me where things are today. There was a time, not too many years ago, when if one wanted to know something they would have to sit down and write a manufacture, shop, sales office or tech department of a company. There was a time when one could go to a shop or garage and ask a question and get an answer, different than today where if you did that you'd have to come up with some money for them to tell you.

Now all one has to do is punch a few keys on a keyboard, search different places, ask a few questions on various forums and, behold, the answers, for the most part, appear before one's eyes. That is absolutely amazing. This particular forum is especially amazing! There is more traffic here in 10 minutes than on most other forums in a day. One does not have to wait very long here, maybe a day, until one has answers to their question, several answers, several options.

I for one, really appreciate the context and layout of this forum. The pictures are easy to post, the text is easy to modify. There is just nothing about this place that is negative. I don't even mind some of the O/T stuff. It doesn't bother me that someone may not "search". It doesn't bother me that someone may be a little "non-traditional". I'm not even sure I know what that is nor do I care. I just appreciate this place and I thank you very, very much for this place.

17. krooser

krooser

Ryan,

The early Journal was great... the latest is a gas.

Little did you know, back in '94, how much your ambition, insight and passion would change the automotive world. You are a true innovator in the same vein as Henry Ford, "Pete" Peterson and Wally Parks.

Your little entry into the unknown world of the Internet has become bigger than anyone could have believed. You've changed the lives of millions of car guys... the ideas shared on your "baby" have literally shaped the future of hot rodding around the world.

It's a true privilege to be able to be a small part of something so big.

Congratulations...

18. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Hotrodding would just be hotrodding without the H.A.M.B. Ryan. Thank you for your vision and love of our hobby to make this the best site on the net and a place where we can go to share good and bad times and talk hotrods.

19. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

I`m hooked :cool: you do a great job ryan
    I love this place.

20. Deadbird

Deadbird

Well said! There's a wealth of information here and you really don't have to dig through too much crap to get it. Remember what rodding was like in the early eighties? Big difference today. Who would have imagined? I gotta believe that the JJ and the HAMB had a lot to do with the resurgence of the hobby.

21. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

I know that I have told the story a hundred times, but I'll hit a few bullet points.

About the mid 90's Street Rods were taking over everything (even pushing into the muscle cars - which I always thought should be preserved, not 'updated'). Basically I was getting tired of it.

While browsing the internet sometime around 97 or 98 I found this cocky little site with filthy cars, bad language and a "if you don't like it then, hey - fuck you" attitude (thanks B-Boys).

The cars weren't all finished. The owners were from around the globe, but the style was always true to the roots of our beginnings.

I was in love with the site and would visit regularly for the stories (there were feature build stories with a picture by picture story line then.

Then, shortly after that, the HAMB was born and all involved had a place that served us - rather than the advertisers. I think that's were we've 'won', so to speak.

Ryan, if you've skipped over everything else that I wrote - please read the above. I really believe that that is the truth, and I know you take great pride in this place, not for it's commercial success but rather for how it holds it's integrity through the fans of this little niche of the hot rod world.

Here's to 15 more.

Viva la JJ, Viva la HAMB.

~Damion 'Broman' Shannon

22. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

23. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

thanks ryan.this is the best place on the web.

-danny

24. hotdamn

hotdamn

with out the JJ I never woulda met Jeffrey James,

and what kinda world would that be???

thanks Ryan, I owe ya bunches <3 :)

25. 15 AND NEVER BEEN KISSED ....

Thats old enuf to drive tractors to town with out a license around here.....now thats traditional big and littles

26. Thanks Ryan...

27. seatex

seatex

I'm looking forward to 15 more, Man! Thanks for having the vision. By far the best thing to ever come out of OU, HOOK 'EM!:):):)

28. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

It's amazing that some of the youngest rodders on here were just born (or not even) when the JJ came out. Thanks so much for one of the best rod resources of knowledge, vendors, and friends I've ever seen!

29. oaktree

oaktree

Keep it working! This is the best Hot Rod page on the entire internet.

30. Echoing all the above, but thanks a ton Ryan. I love this place.