Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest The Innocents of SFV

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59BuickWagon, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Saw this plaque on E-Gay with an interesting story ( and an outlandish price):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50s-Vintage...452?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d16437e4

So I did a quick Google and sure enough the Innocents rock and roll group was named after The Innocents car club!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Innocents_(US_band)

"The trio were all members of a car club named The Innocents, hence the name of the group."

Anyone have any history on the club and their cars? Did a couple of searches here on the HAMB and got nothing....

Love to see what they drove - rods? customs?

Dennis

2. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

VERY COOL, Dennis! Sure, I remember the song, (had the record; it was real big in the San Jose area)

The brass plaque was kinda 'elite', Joe Cardoza had his Bay Area Roadsters plaque cast from brass. (there was some 'car club ripple' about it, according to him)

When the Innocents' member removed his, bet that Plymouth came up a couple of inches..."a Taildragger No More!"

Do you also cast in brass, Dennis?

3. I, too, grew up in Sun Valley and graduated from Polytechnic HS. I remember the railroad overpass at Sherman Way and Lankershim Blvd had "Innocents" painted on it for many years. It was the only graffiti that I remember seeing for years. Things have changed just a tad in the SFV. Glad I got out, but it was a great place to grow up in the 50s and 60s.

4. BTTT

Must be some connection left to these guys out there on the Left Coast!

Dennis

BTW, the plaque has been relisted if you have an extra $2K to blow:)

5. sport fury

sport fury

i found an email adress for the innocents singing group on a web site for them. i contacted one of the original members of the singing group and car club. i told him my dad got the idea of naming the innocents minneapolis hot rod club after the california innocents. he had seen the photo of the innocents graffiti and decided to use the name.