Register now to get rid of these ads!

the infamous tyrells roadster pic in rod & kulture

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zombie, Sep 26, 2010.

1. That is way cool. You be Da man

2. firingorder1

firingorder1

Whatever has been said on this thread pales into insignificance compared to what Mr. Bash has done to himself. Time to let it die.

3. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

What the heck are we talking about?

4. I personally have grown tired of reading about drive-ins and diners in the mag which seems to unfortunately have become a type of filler in the mag from one particular columnist. Otherwise its always a great read and I check the TRADITIONAL ROD N KULTURE website regularly to see if the new mag is about to arrive in the mail. I only have one subscription now and thats to the magazine I take pride in saying originates in the great town I reside in Bakersfield. I have been a supporter since the 2001 CKdeluxe days of the fellas who put TRn'K out now and will continue to subscribe.

Oh and to Zombie hope you made it out last night to watch us run. I won the main event :D:D:D. Now if only I could get the banger to win at dragfest next year :p:p:p. -Weeks

5. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

FWIW, I like the mag. It's one of the first I reach for. I will continue to without a guilty conscious now. I would really had a hard time even giving it a look if this thing was just swept under the rug. So thanks for that.

As far as the "many different levels", I'm curious. However, I assume (and hope) that at least one of those levels has to do with Bash, and the role he plays in the mag, and frankly I don't feel that it's much of my business. If your handling it as it should be handled, that's all I need to know.

6. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Zombie.. Your mag is top notch just as you are..
    Luck

7. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

I have to agree, I've always liked R&K and it seems to get better with time. You can tell Zombie takes pride in the mag. Things have a way of setting themselves straight thanks to Deto and Zombie. Bash lost the respect of everybody, and respect is valuable. Heck besides our family and hot rods that all that most of us have. Joe

8. I think we all had faith in you Zombie, and it's "your business" how you handle this, and it can't be easy. Thanks for being the class act, we know you are.

9. Really? I love that shit. It's the Kulture part of Traditional Rod & Kulture and I'd rather read about that stuff than some greaser wannabees with full sleeve tats drinkin' PBR and playing rockabilly at a car show.

Zombie, stand up response to a difficult situation. You have my full support and keep up the great work!

10. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I think that stuff falls into same categoty as the kart and model stuff in the old car mags or boobs in bike mags, some like it, some dont. Personally I'd really dig more tech or cars instead, cuz there are a lot of other places to read about that stuff. I'd especially love some good tech

11. Not arguing that point, but like I said, the title includes "Kulture" not Tech. My point is that if you are expecting something else when the title clearly states what it's about, then I don't understand the complaint.

12. Really??? You just talked about todays "KULTURE" and slammed it. I said nothing about what you took and ran with in my statement. I could careless about what people listen to or dress like also within the "Kulture". I was only saying I think that the coverage of diners and drive-ins is kinda getting repetitious and taking up space that could otherwise be utilized for another feature on something else. Its a great mag and has done an outstanding job of covering things other magazines have caught on to and are now copying.-Weeks

13. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Thanx Zombie,
    I like to see my heads stay on the cars that they were installed on and not photo shopped out ;). As Dennis stated re: Tyrell. I also knew him before he had "this" version of his roadster together. He's a good guy,friend and club mate. He worked his tail off to get this car built and we're proud that he is the youngest member of the PRC.
    I love that he get's much ink with this car, also the fact that he didn't put a deuce chassis under it and that he picked a "not so popular" 30-31 a body for his project.
    I'm sure that all will be happy when the retraction appears in the next issue.
    BTW Zombie, Great work on the art for the Broiler shirt. ;).

14. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Zombie I would not have expected less of your actions.
    TR&K is a quality product and you just proved that. Keep the faith we got your back Bro.

15. cruzr

cruzr

16. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Zombie, your magazine is one of the TOP automotive publications out there ! The articles, the photography , the quality of paper, everything is very professional !

17. pcterm2

pcterm2

zombie=class act

18. Yeah, politically correct isn't traditional :D:D:D.

19. Spike!

Spike!

I hear ya man..I just picked up some ice cream and it wasn't cold enough...

Spike

20. zombie

zombie

yeah, what i really want to do is drag this thing out, and continue the drama. its a car mag, not an episode of jerry springer. i pointed out the mistake, pulled kent bash's articles, and appologized to tyrell. im satisfied with that period.

zombie

21. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

im so lost as to what is going on......

22. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

You're not the only one... I'm going back out to the garage.:D