Register now to get rid of these ads!

the "infamous" 35 ford truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ruralrod, May 19, 2005.

1. ruralrod

ruralrod

everyone knows the 35 that once had the hookers on the door and now the 5. well, aside from the usual talk about the truck and its doors, what is the truck like in its entirety? i have a friend who is REAL interested in it. i know more about it than he does but i haven't actually seen it in person. what we're after is a little scouting report. what's the cab like in the corners? haven't ever heard about any of the chassis on this beast. rearend? original rails? is the bed hacked up? i know you midwesters have checked it out so a little help would be much appreciated. we only have few hours this morn till she ends, so whatcha know?
    thanx boys
    any pics you all have might help him out. i'll pass them on.
    rural
    oh, any one know the current owner and his reputation?
    thanx again
    rural

2. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

The truck is well built. The flatty is basically all new and the sellers description of the reliability of the motor is the truth. I know the rockers were replaced by the previous owner and there is a little mud in the corners but its not bad at all. Nothing about this is a hack job in my opinion.

3. manyolcars

manyolcars

is there a reason that each owner finds it unusable and sells it?

4. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

The owner in Indiana has never been one to keep a car for a length of time. He usually has the for a year or two turns them and moves onto something different. Had nothing to do with worthiness or reliability. In reality this truck he bought after retirement and drove it more than any he had had in the past.

5. ruralrod

ruralrod

i imagine its hard to see out for big city everyday driving. we're small potatos here and it will be our everyday shop truck if it can go a few miles at a time. i know thats possible. we can make it run if it doesnt. but the main issue is the condition of the metal. we plan to keep the tradition alive by putting our thoughts on the door. we've also thought about going back to the hookers. funny how the door theme always gets in the mix.
    any old threads you have?
    thanx agian fellas, rural

6. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Yes, I agree on it's condition.

Its well built structurally and mechanically.

I would never spend that much money on a vehicle that is not finished in my opinion. Don't misunderstand me, its great to have a vehicle like this, but when we talk about numbers that high, I expect to see some paint, interior panels with a finished interior and alittle glitz in the engine compartment.
    Maybe I'm just old fashioned.

Yes, I'm sure all two or three previous owners spent big bucks on this popular truck. Why would they sell it, only to break even???

[​IMG]

7. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

I've driven this truck and it is not hard to see out of and it is rather comfortable once you figure out how to sit and be comfortable.

8. ruralrod

ruralrod

is the original guy a hamber? does he care to talk about his old ride? have all owners been hamb-bones?
    it is alot of money, that too is a factor. we all know it can be done for less and that debate, but the idea of just having it and driving it and adding our touches to the evolution is also a factor.

9. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

I have no idea if Rudy is a HAMBer, the second owner is not. I am not sure if the third guy is or not. I doubt it. I think he is more of a mainstream chopper guy.

10. I think SamIam knows quite a bit about the truck...I could be wrong.

11. ruralrod

ruralrod

really appreciate it 29 sedanman

12. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

At 23'5 and reserve still not meet, I'm under the impression that he wants to keep it. Its a very cool truck, I love it, but WTF. Am I the only one that thinks thats priced way too high?

Drew

13. RF

RF

Who owns it now and where do they live?

14. ruralrod

ruralrod

anymore gents?

15. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

$26,000.00 with 33 minutes remaining. Reserve has been met. It's go time for somebody!!!

16. TxRat

TxRat

true but the high bidder has zero feedback. possible shill bid ...

17. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Good point. Is that you ruralrod or an outsider?

18. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

...there's a seat for every ass ,and an ass for every seat...

19. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Well thats that. It ended at 26K. I hope someone who relly wanted it was able to get it. We can wait a couple of days and e-mail the killer choppers place that was selling it and ask if they still have it to see if it was a real bid or not. Hopefully someone on here will no of its where abouts. It will be good to keep track of this little truck and folllow it changes.

20. ruralrod

ruralrod

winner winner chicken dinner boys!!!!!!!!!!!
    yeehaw!!!!!
    thanx 29.

21. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Congradulations, hope you enjoy it.

22. Are you the winner? :confused: HRP

23. ruralrod

ruralrod

"we" are the winner. "we" bought it for our shop truck.
    aside from this, there will be an announcment here in the near future that y'all might be interested in. keep ya posted.

24. Well,,,,lets see the address for the auction,,,I haven't seen the truck in a couple of years,,,HRP

25. Badfella

Badfella

That truck is waaaay bitchen but 26K???!!! I'm in the wrong business. You guys must be doing damn good!

26. What are you thanking 29 for?

Sam.

27. JasonK

JasonK

looks like it has nice carpet....

O/T - My Brother has a '35 ford in the weeds, litterally in the weeds, in the field. I think 2 grand would buy it. Sitting on an 80's s10 frame.

28. Steve

Steve

Rudy is not on the hamb, though he gets talked about alot. Real nice guy. I don't know where Skip is, I would have expected him to chime in on this post.

29. singledownloop

singledownloop

do you have a link to the auction,i'm not familiar with the truck.

30. ruralrod

ruralrod