Register now to get rid of these ads!

The incredible shrinking hot rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Paul, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Paul

Paul
    Editor

when born the little monster filled the house,

[​IMG]

..during it's formative years it started to look a little smaller,

[​IMG]

and now it seems to hardly take up even a small corner,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you will notice though, the pile of junk it surrounds it's self with never stops growing [​IMG]

Paul

2. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

I think somethin's wrong with my glasses... [​IMG] I haven't seen many fenderless fat-fender era cars, but that one's cherry. Can't seem to outgrown it's home, though...

3. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Maybe it's not exactly fat-fender era, but same line applies. Is that a '35? '36?

4. k9racer

k9racer

Looks like 3 different shops I really like the upstairs storage area plus all the concret is nice. a good place to work and you dont have to mow.It looks like my place a lot of things on the floor. oh yeah that is a very nice auto.

5. Paul

Paul
    Editor

The first shot was a rental with a dirt floor shed,

the second picture shows my first real garage and

the last two pictures are of the new shop I just bought and moved to last weekend.

The new shop is 30' by 60' with a lift and it has 20'+ by 30' loft.

I have missed most every car show and swap meet in the area this summer because of it,

I can't wait to get it organized and setup, the space is amazing!

Oh yeah, it came with a house, not that I plan to use it much! [​IMG]

Paul

6. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Congrats, Paul...the new digs look great...oughtta be able to bang out some cool shit from there! Like the "storage loft" area, too! [​IMG]

7. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Paul...give up some info on the buildup of your car!
    Guys, Paul is shy! This car won awards for metal work and god knows what else when Paul first built it years ago! He did amazing work on it.
    I believe it was his first build and he did it in the dirt floor shed...He was a HAMBer when HAMBing wasn't COOL!!!
    The picture of the frame in pieces alone is awesome!
    Looks incredible with its 60's dirt track modified style and lack of fenders.
    One of my "TOP TEN" Hot Rods!
    Don't know ya Paul...but you get a big thumbs up from the "FAR EAST".

Love the new shop! I guess we can expect some new stuff from the house of Paul?

Bill

8. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Paul, I've always wondered about that car of yours. It was built before I came to the HAMB so I missed the buildup. I'm sure no one here would be bored with a few construction shots if you post them. I've always considered your car a real hot rod and not something built with a copy of Street Rodder and a cell phone. I think a selection of 30-40 pictures would be great, just so we could get an idea of what you went through. Maybe you don't want to relive it but inquiring minds want to know.

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. TINGLER

TINGLER

I am gonna have to agree here.

Tell us newer folks a bit about the car. Brag about yourself a little. It looks like you deserve to.

Cool car and cool shop man.
    I am envious.
    JT.

10. Paul

Paul
    Editor

'brought the Dodge and a half to their new home and the little woman dances a jig,

[​IMG]

Paul

11. Dances a jig, eh? I think she's planning on kicking that sedan to death..
    Hey, it looks like you leaned you windshield posts? Got any detail photos of it? I'm preparing to chop a turret-top 36 chevy pickup cab and could use some reassurance about leaning the A-pillars..
    BTW, Your new shop sucks....much to big to feel comfortable in and all that concrete out front must be very intimidating! I hate it and lust for it....

12. Paul

Paul
    Editor

Hey Rocky,
    nope, I didn't slant the A pillars, but I did make a couple relief cuts above the doors to flatten the area above the windshield a little, the mid thirties Mopars had a very tall "forehead" that can look kinda goofy with a chop.

Paul

13. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

Paul enjoy the space while you have it because all that stuff seem to grow when there is open space between it. when I moved into my old barn I had over 12,000 sq.ft on the ground floor didn't know what I was going to do with all that space 5 years later I couldn't get in the door. but you have a great yard to work in that should help a bunch. looks great.

Rocky if lay that windshield back make sure that you square the bottom so the glass will lay flat! [​IMG]