Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Hussy's Transformation!!! ('26 T Roadster)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Mar 27, 2009.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Is the axle further forward or is it the fact that the Skip's T was probably made from a touring sedan and in fact longer from the doors back. It's almost like the rear portion of the body pushes back into the axle. None the less I get what you are saying. Not sure that I could have as short of a bed but I may be able to have one that is flush with the rear of the wheels and have only a nerf bar hang out back.

Also those are probably 7.50's which I assume are an inch or two bigger then mine. His whole setup is perfect. Definitely my favorite T ever.

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Nope I take that back. I think Druss32's take on the my bed is probably right on. Two different animals (Royalshifter's & Mine). The length of the bed that you Photoshopped in is right around perfect.

And's it's good too because last night at the shop we were all discussing how I can get a little more articulation out of the rear suspension. One idea from Bloodyknuckles was to relocate the battery (which is under the car right now) so that the ladder bars can be mounted closer together at the front mounting points.

What we found is that because everything id hard mounted on the rear axle there is so much strain being put on the ladder bar barckets the axle is actually cracking on each side of the weld. I might try to make new brackets that encompass a bushing so that a little more travel is allowed. There were a lot of good point being brought up last night and Bloodyknuckles is well versed in this so I think we'll have that figured out soon.

I can't tell you how much I fucking love driving this car late at night like after our Shop night yesterday. There is nothing like driving in the south in an open car through the back roads even on a humid night. The smells and sounds as this car jets past the tall grass is awesome!

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yeah I definitely know the difference between the two after looking through so many T threads. Earlier T's such as a '22 or '23 were often created out of Touring bodies cut down, like the Lightning Bug and such. There's definitely an evolution as far a design goes and the '26 is further down that track. You are right in everything that you say as far as cowl and tire placement go.

I always wondered why in '26-27 the cowl was very much like a '30-'31 and in 1928-29 they look like they take a step back into time only to realize that the '26 style cowl was the way to go.

4. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just seeing this! Not sure why!?? AWESOME!!!

5. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

I like Druss' photoshop a lot, but with a black frame. Looks good man

6. I absolutely LOVE this roadster, def in the top 10 on here. great work.

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's because you are wrapped up in your little '35 Ford Bubble, and since you won't allow me to be in that club I have to settle for this stupid thing.

Thanks guys for the support and comments. I appreciate it more then you know.

8. 31whitey

31whitey

Them look like some 8.20x15s and some 5.60x15.....

Standard 60s stuff here J.J.

7.50s.....pfft...what do you think were building here tractors.....

9. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HAHA! You love it, too!! ;):D Just for that I'm going to send you an invite! :D

Going to be rad man! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Hahaha!!! Fucker! How dare you show my inferiority when it comes to standard 60's stuff in front of everybody. You are correct though and I have much to learn from my peers.

11. 31whitey

31whitey

Im probabally wrong though....always put foot in mouth when I point out something on anothers car....its a curse... Ive learned to live with it as it humbles me and teaches me to keep my trap shut....

I want in the 35 club...damnit...Im gonna have to check out Scoots car.

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That asshole really did send me an invitation to the 35 Club!!!

He knows that if the right '35 or '36 came about I would trade this roadster in a second. He's the devil!!!! Don't let me do it Whitey!!!!

13. 36's are for loosers :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Sign me up. I can be a loser with out trying hard at all!

15. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hwu hwu hwu! :D XOXO

16. 31whitey

31whitey

Loser here...loser here...

Chris is that one yours too man....you are seriously pissing me off.

Damn man you have some good taste...even if thats not yours...

17. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Yes 22 / 23 and its not fiberglass.. its the real deal...

the reason I posted that pic is cause JJ was saying that he couldn't get that car out
    of his little, tiny, small brain :D

Heres another version of Live Wires whore sister...
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I am at a loss for words. I might have to pour a glass of ice water down my slacks because I have fallen in love. Live Wire's Slutty Sister with the top on and Chrome reverse out back looks plain old sexy!!!

At the very least the bed and top are a must (even though I may have to raise the top a bit because my head sticks out over the windsheild). I also have that Chrysler HEMI sitting in my garage that is begging for me to swap out that 300 for it. Oh boy this is getting out of control!!!

19. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

hahahahaha Just leave it like it is...

it rules in my book.

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You know Evel, after all that photoshop I think what you really wanted me to see was the fact that you have the correct chrome dust covers that you refuse to let me in on. I'm hip to your game dude, you can't pull one over this guy.

21. No, my good friend Devins. My Dad did the engine in it. My Dad and brother have a handfull or 36 5w's too. This is one of my Dad's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. I FUCKIN LOVE THIS VERSION!!!! Panel Stripe this bitch though!!!

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

23. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

I look today and see more Jedi mind tricks or is it carrots and Donkeys?:D

Nick.

24. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Ya I forgot to tell you I have 500 chrome NOS cal custom dust caps sitting in storage..

Heres with the front pulled in a bit... hahahah less rat rod ya know :D

[​IMG]

Same car?? :D I love this version too...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Got a brush out and striped it. Not bad for the first time.

[​IMG]

26. Yes JJ...YES! If theres one thing the late 50's-early 60's gave us thats worth a damn is panel striping :D Love it, just too new a trick for my shit heaps

27. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

The car's color will always be close to what it is now. If this car ever does get painted again I may rip the bottom fog idea though using a Wine color candy perhaps. The top has always been an idea because for those that have had the misfortune of meeting meyou know how pale I am. I cook pretty fast under that sun so a top like the skips could really have it's benefits.

I will for certain keep the wheels that i have on there because unlike LiveWire this is no show pony. It's a real Hot Rod that likes to go fast!!! It's Rat Rod stance gives it stability under such extreme speeds and acceleration.:D:D:D

As for the cal custom caps, you have hit my Achilles heal there. I think you would throw up if you seen just how shitty the OG caps with chrome paint look up close. They will do for now but I am hot on the track for your own. I have a plane ticket to Austin where I will MOB them from LiveWire and take you shift knob too. Don't be upset when you get there and they are gone. They will have good home here in NC.

28. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

hahahhahha you will have to get through a few people before you can even smell LIVE WIRE... hhaha.. It was fun messing with Photoshop... I really love your car even tho its a
    Dune Buggy Rat Rod.

For Real.. just stop fucking around and Jump in that bitch and drive it around!!!! I would be if L.W was here..

29. 31whitey

31whitey

In the words of the late Peter Boyle....

"HOLY CRAP"

I just might have to start gathering parts for the "SLUT-T"(thats copywrite right there)

That blue shortened version is sweeeeeeet.

Also Chris...damit man....your family has some of the best taste PERIOD....

When I make it back to western Montana....Im coming for a visit....

30. Anytime whitey, I can show ya some neat old shit :D