Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs The Hottest Kustoms Lately...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheFrenZ, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Yep, same car...new owner. Saw it in Paso for the first time with the new paint...I still dig it, but I loved the old version.

Bryan

2. 50Fraud

50Fraud

It's a Studebaker; that's as much as I can tell you. Here it is at Paso '07.

Attached Files:

3. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Rik,
    The Merc is the work of Ken Lotz, an amazing craftsman with a live-in, one man shop in the mountains East of Los Angeles. He's been building this car for several years for a relative -- his cousin, or brother-in-law, or something. You should see the checkerboard firewall, which is the same eye-searing blue and orange combination as the exterior. Looks like he's nearing completion!

Sorry, I don't have any pictures of it.

4. Rikster

Rikster

Thanks for the info Tony...
    hopefully one day it will be finished and shown around so people can take some more photos of it.
    It looks really amazing from this angle and I would love to see the back and side views of it.

5. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Rafa that is one Wild Custom

6. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

This is a All Steel 4 Wheel drive1941 Dodge Powerwagon Custom it is called Rambow a Dodge body & the 454 Bowtie & drive train [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]The headliner is the Chrysler Building in Chicago[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]My friend Jim did the Fab on this All Steel Custom for Larry

I watched this 41 being built in the shop, there is more going on in this build then you can see

7. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

ZZ IRON, that panel truck is beyond hideous.

off center likes this.
  8. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Nads, People were saying through the build they liked it :) and others they didn't :( What can you do with a 41 Dodge Military Power Wagon :confused: either your into it or you ain't :cool:

9. Wow, that Dodge just about killed it for me...yuck

10. I like black but no way would I have repainted that car!

11. Why is that thing even on here?!

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I think setting fire to it would have been an improvement over
    the abomination it's been turned into.
    I think you'll find that the vast majority on the HAMB
    are not 'into' that horrible
    creation.

Sorry ZZ Iron.

13. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Nads, like i said either you like or you hate it -

* You guys are right. Wrong forum, it's not traditional - my mistake *

14. Crease

Crease

I may be way off, but this reminds me alot of a car that Jim Jard had. You didn't pick it up from Jim, did you?

15. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

[​IMG]

"I watched this 41 being built in the shop" - And you didn't stop it??!! "There is more going on in this build then you can see" - Thank God I can't see it!! Dude, I know it's an old car...but, wrong forum!!

16. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

17. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

18. bonesy

bonesy

Yes it is. I sold it to Jim about a year and a half ago. Bought a '32 roadster, sold it for way too much money. Then bought back the '47. I missed that '47 the second it left my driveway.

19. Crease

Crease

Cool, I almost didn't say anything because it seemed like such a long shot. That's a damn nice car and Jim being a really nice guy told me all about it. Thanks for the reply Bonesy.

20. Have any interior shots of that 47?

21. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

got some ! Think Bonesy post em in another thread ! i'm a big fan of that kooler than kool kustom ! :D

enjoy !:cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. That's very nice. I am debating on going with a metallic or candy blue like that (without the hint of purple) for my 48 Chevy coupe or a dark maroon like that Holden car above or a black or a dark metallic green. Can't decide. I have 3 vehicles and want one of those colors on each one but haven't decided which color for which truck/car.
    I think the blue and black makes chrome trim just pop and stands out but then again I think the darker green and black cherry colors have more of a luxury look I guess you can say...
    Any idea what these colors are.

23. Oops forgot the pictures...

Attached Files:

24. 00 MACK

00 MACK

That purple 47 was in the little books being shown with no skirts.nice pic too!

25. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

the 50 chevy is now in nj.a friend of mine owns it now.it won so fine nine at the 25th lead east.

26. [​IMG]
    sorry for posting this thing again but damn??????? who picked the wheels out on this thing????? did they just go to discount tire and pick em off the shelf????? somebody lost their sense of taste!!!!:eek:

27. :D [​IMG]
    by the way this has to be one of the coolest cars around. (my opinion, and everyone has one) whooda thunk black, gold, red and chrome would go so sweet together:D

28. bonesy

bonesy

Do you happen to remember any of the old mag issues? I'm attempting to track down its history. Here is a shot of it in a '62 issue of Car Craft. It won its class in the 1st NY Clutch Artist show in '58/'59. It was also in the '58/'59 NAPA cal for the NE. It was orange and called "The Goonie Bird."

I would love to track down any history or old photos if anyone has some.

Thanks.

[​IMG]

29. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

and let us know as soon as you have any info ! I'm very interested about your car pedigree ! :D