Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Hot Rod With No Name

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Boy, It is sure dark in here. I DO appreciate your talents as I have seen your work here many times. Yes, Lots of opinions. You gotta expect that on message boards. Sorry to ruffle your feathers with the Rebel Rodz comment, But their is so much of the that altenative grill look going on in that genre of magazine that it seems some guys do it for the shock value of saying "Hey look at me!" I'm different and notice me! The picture posted earlier of Laurie Peterson's truck with the deco style grill works because the cab has round corners. I guess I just don't see where you can go with it. Maybe you will prove us naysayers wrong. It has been done before. Carry on.

2. While I agree with the general thoughts that different is not always a good thing, I'm digging the look for just a rough mock up. Can't wait to see it progress into the real thing. :)

3. sundance

sundance
    from minnesota

what ever the final outcome is i know it will be another awsome HRCC build--go for it!!

4. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Is that one of them space age - light weigth chassie:D

5. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Cool! Love the grill, have one just like it hangin in my shop waiting for the right project!!

6. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes! Awesome!

Kev, let me know about those woven wires bro! Thanks!

7. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

I finally got the wheels and tires mounted and cleaned up. Just some more mock up photographs. I was a little surprise by the oil pan. It's from Stef's, and it's full on RACE. Windage screen, scavenger, trap door in the sump. I asked Jody about it, and he said, "yeah. I thought about the finned aluminum one and the Stefs one. It's going to the track, so it had to the the Stef's pan." And I agree. Some things NEED to be right if you're going to the track. Nobody want's to lunch a nice 392 because of no oil pressure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

9. Heepster

Heepster
    from Texarkana

Nice work, I'm sure it will turn out great in the end.

10. Pauly da mick

Pauly da mick

Can't wait to see this one take care of business!!! :cool:

11. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

12. Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy

doesent the grill look too big for that front end

13. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Ok, guys, as promised. Behold! The rarest of the rare. The most desirable 392 Manifold of them all.

The Edelbrock X-3!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

That ''A'' is gonna be SCARY fast, I like it!
    Nice manifold too by the way!

Nick.

15. Personally, I don't care for the grille either. So what, it's just an opinion :eek:

I DO however like the 510 hiding in the background :D

16. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dammit, Kevin! I KNEW that's what it was going to be!!

Hate you... :rolleyes:

17. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Dude, don't hate me. If you have to hate someone, hate Continental John. If he had only found that Weiand Drag Star we would have stopped looking. :D

18. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dammit Continental John! :D:D:D

Bitchin' man! That thing is going to be insane...

19. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

man, that intakes killer and the car's shapin up. can't wait to see it in person!!!!

20. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Will it be done for the Pileup this year? I loved wandering through the shop last year and look forward to it again this year. You guys always have some crazy kool shit up your sleeve. I'd name it Mayday Massacre. That way you could do some sweet ass nose art on the cowl. Kick Ass Raygun!

21. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Hmmmm. Dunno about the Pile Up. Probably be there on display in the booth at least. I don't really know how quickly Jody is looking to have it done. We've never talked deadline or target date or anything. That would be cool though.

Thanks for the compliments. I always enjoy having you guys stop by on your way to the Hunnert! This year, beer and bar-b-que for sure, so tell the guys and plan on it. Matter of fact, if we could do it on Thursday night, we could have one big enough for everyone that was here early.

22. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Sounds good to me! I should be bringing the '40 this year barring any technical difficulties... I hope I have windows in it by then! Keep up the good work and we'll see you this fall!

23. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Awesome. Hey, remind you fellow Suedes about the bar-b-que we talked about last year. Food and beer, I'm sure they'll remember. :D

24. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

icksna on the illgra

25. Ebert

Ebert

Kev,

BITCHIN! Just keep doing your deal and you will continue to make waves....

Can't wait to hear this puppy "fired up!" Plus, I am sure you and the boys will do your magic on the chassis!

Best,
    Ebert

26. Mercury Kid

Mercury Kid

It's a drag car, it doesn't need a grill. Besides, it would just take attention away from that glorious motor.

If you're planning on running a radiator, it would be cool mounted in the trunk floor with some copper plumbing to the motor. It would keep the weight in the back too.

The wheels definately look killer in grey. Also glad you didn't use modern sportbike tires on the front.

27. I think it's lookin bueno! You gotta use that grill

28. TomH

TomH

Hey Kevin, it's on my list of thing to do this year.;)

29. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

30. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

Man that thing looks great. Awesome stance....looks fast just sitting there. Great work as usual from your group...