Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Hot Rod Company

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by walter, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Blackie

Blackie

My guess that people got good service from this company a few years ago. For some reason or another, say magazine article or some other marketing, demand is up for the tanks and he can no longer keep up with demand. This happens all the time to small shops with a good product and not so good business sense. People have stated on this thread that they got excellent service and a fast turn around. Well, a six month wait for a non-custom part is not reasonable.

I emailed the company a while back after a friend ran into the same 6 month delay issue and never heard back from them. It looks to me like they will solve their own demand problems by losing valuable customers.

2. Aviator

Aviator

I promised you an update. Their ads re tanks apparently is a misprint. No 6-8 weeks delivery...should be months and not weeks. Dec 2, 2012 order confirmed. Email to HRC Jan 2nd 2013 for status...no response. Email Jan 11th reminding them that they got my $...did they get my email? Jan 11th response, "tank builder is way behind...promised shipment this month". Email to HRC Feb 5th...when will the tank ship? Response Feb 6th, "was hoping it would be in this months shipment...I'm expecting it by the end of February". Email to HRC March 15th, "when will I get my tank...should not your builder know when it will ship...do you have a competitor who sells quality steel tanks?" Mar 26th no response to prior email. My question to HAMB...who sells a good quality steel T tank and delivers?

3. 5window

5window

I got my tank from Tanks,Inc. but don't buy from them-their stock was (is) variable. Buy it from a dealer who has it in stock. Out your way, try Yogi's.

4. putz

putz
    from wisc.

5 window,doesn,t yogi now own TANKS ?

5. 5window

5window

Oh, not sure about that. Hope so because Yogi's folks are friendly and efficient and I did not find Tanks to be quite that.

6. Aviator

Aviator

After the H.A.M.B. post, I received an email on March 26th from HRC offering options. Several emails later with Q&A my problems were resolved and the tank is shipping today. HRC has been very helpful during the last few days. Thanks HRC and H.A.M.B.

7. fuchster

fuchster
    from San Diego

Facts: I ordered a tank on around August of 2018. After several attempts at emails and phone calls, tried canceling order through bank (too much time passed) and Paypal (too much time passed). Michale promised (Several time) tank was on the way......No tank yet as of April 2019.

8. Have not used them "The Hot Rod Co." in awhile. Last time I did I had no issues. Good People.

walter and Stogy like this.
  9. fuchster

fuchster
    from San Diego

After more dealing with Chase and PayPal and the ht co. I finally got my money back. Most of it. I guess I got screw out of $20? But better that then nothing.