Register now to get rid of these ads!

The hot rod community has lost a special member

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AV8Paul, May 7, 2009.

1. Obituary and arrangements:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="Large Heading TopPadSmall" valign="bottom" width="55%">John C. Roberts</td> <td width="1%">
    </td> <td class="TopPadSmall" width="44%" align="right">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="3" class="Notice TopPadSmall"> <!-- ROBERTS , John C. --> ROBERTS - John C., "Jake" of Glen Cove, NY on May 6, 2009. Beloved husband of LouAnn. Loving step-father of Trisha Epifania (Anthony) and loving father of Melissa. Dear son of Barbara and the late John. Brother of Tim (Patty), Alex, Mary Cavell (Michael), Stephen and Rosanne and he is also survived by nieces and nephews. Visiting 6-9pm Sunday, Whitting Funeral Home, 300 Glen Cove Ave., Glen Head, NY 11545. Funeral Mass 9:30am Monday at Church of St. Rocco, Glen Cove, NY. Interment, V.A. NationalCemetery, Calverton, NY. </td></tr></tbody></table>

2. Jake's in a much better place now where Hot Rods never brake down, run hot or run out of gas.
    R.I.P. Jake, and keep an eye out for my Bart and HAMBAndy

3. hemifarris

hemifarris

May he rest in peace..........

4. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

godbless...very sorry to hear this........

5. Spike!

Spike!

Man.. I just heard the news today at a show. One story about Jake comes to my mind.

It was 2005 at the Jalopy Jump-N- jive car show in Asbury Park New Jersey. Jake and Lou Ann (I hardly ever saw one without the other..) come rolling in and park. I'm looking at the car and I knew just where they had come from..Bonneville..they came all the way from Utah and stopped in to a car show before even going home. The reason why I ran towards the car was to ask them how the trip was. I looked down and saw salt cakes dropping off the rear quarters! I opened up my camera bag and took out some 35mm canisters and started filling them up with salt. I had never been to Bonneville and that was the closest I was going to get. Jake found it amusing of course. I labeled the canisters "Bonneville Salt 2005, return ASAP". Those canisters sat on my TV until 2007, my incentive to some day make it to the salt flats. In 2007 i had the great honor to travel there with some of the greatest friends anyone could have, and return the salt to the flats. I brought back a bag of salt and put it in canisters for my friends to maybe encourage them to someday return it home.

If it weren't for Jake and his wonderful wife, I never would have made it there. Jake was a true hot rodder. I will miss him.

Spike

6. I got to talk with Louanne on Friday@ around 12pm and I told her how everyone is so deeply sorry that Jake is gone. We will all truly miss him so very much. Roger and myself can not believe that we will no longer see that awesome smile and be able to have those great conversations that we always have. When it was time for whatever car event we were off to, we could not wait to see Jake and Louanne. They were always at all of the car events together. Their life was a true love story and have been all over the United States over and over again. We can not stop thinking about what a terrilbe loss this is to everyone that Jake has touched. He was definately Louanne's KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR. LOVE YOU AND WILL MISS YOU FOREVER JAKESTER!! Michelle & Roger Masciarelli

[​IMG]

7. fabianvaldez

fabianvaldez

I was truely saddened to hear this tragic news. I couldn't even finish reading all the previous posts. Pass on condolences to all the guys and Lou Ann. Bonneville won't be the same.
    Fabian

8. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

Sorry to hear this. Thought to the family and friends. Great guy.

9. jetmek

jetmek

tragic...louann always has a hug for the wife and kids when we'd see them and jake's grin and humbleness were infectious...we will miss him,,,al

10. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

WHEN LOU ANN CALLED US WITH THE TERRIBLE NEWS WE WERE AT A LOSS FOR WORDS . JAKE WAS SIMPLY EASY TO BE AROUND , ONE OF THOSE RARE INDIVIDUALS WHO ALWAYS MADE YOU FEEL GOOD , JAKE ALWAYS LEFT A PLACE WITH MORE FRIENDS THAN HE STARTED WITH . WE FELT THE BEST WAY TO LET THE HOT ROD WORLD KNOW WAS TO HAVE PAUL POST IT FOR US ON THE HAMB .
    KEITH AND I ARE GOING TO SAY GOOD BYE TO A FRIEND TODAY . IN A FEW DAYS WE WILL HAVE A SMALL AND CERTAINLY INADEQUATE TRIBUTE ON OUR WEB SITE www.rollingboneshotrodshop.com WITH A PICTURE SUPPLIED BY OUR FRIEND AND OF COURSE JAKE'S , PETER VINCENT . WE ARE STILL AT A LOSS FOR WORDS , BUT DAMN HE WAS A GOOD GUY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Bobbyhotrods

Bobbyhotrods

I am stunned, and very sad. A better guy would be hard to find, truly a gentleman. Salute to you Jake, you lived life the way it should be lived! An example to us all!
    Love to you LuAnne. Hang tough.

12. badcoupe34

badcoupe34

What sad news. Jake and Lou Ann are permanent fixtures of the Hot Rodding Community. They passed me out several times going out to Bonneville and they spent a lot of time in my pit area with me. Great friends and great people. I am sure Jake has already looked Sam up and they are smiling down at us. R.I.P.