Register now to get rid of these ads!

The hot rod community has lost a special member

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AV8Paul, May 7, 2009.

1. I HATE HATE HATE hearing this!
    I met Jake and Lou Ann at Bonneville last year, My Dad had met them on the Boner's tour out. When Dad introduced us it was like he had known my Dad for years and couldn't wait to meet me. He told me the story of his coupe with unforgetable passion and excitement.
    Due to B'ville overload I didn't get to spend nearly as much time with them as I wanted to. I could tell from the minute we met they were good people who loved the hotrod life and lived it.
    My deapest condolances to Lou Ann, their family and friends(I am sure there are many).
    Brett.

2. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

You could not ask for a nicer guy. Jake and Louanne were at every event, both with big smiles on their faces and nothing but kind words to give. Truly a sad day. Jake, you will be missed - Louanne, you are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Luke Karosi
    & The Road Agents

3. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Sorry that I never had the honor to meet him , sounds like he was a great guy and will be missed.

4. 34hemipu

34hemipu

I am so sorry to hear this . Alex , Jakes brother , a friend Keith and I went to bonneville last year and hung out with Jake and LouAnn . They were so geeked about the Duece , he's had it since the seventies and finally got it up for the trip. Peter Vincent took pics of it on the salt and hopefully we will see it in the Rodders Journal in the future. RIP Jake .

5. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

6. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to all of you who knew him. He seems so young. RIP.

7. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

Larry from automotion carburetor service asked me to pass this along to the Roberts family.

thanks guys.

-danny

"Would please post my condolences below on the Hamb for me?

Lou Ann I'm so sorry to hear that Jake has passed, what a shock!
    I'll always remember him (and yourself) as some of the best people
    I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. He certainly will be missed
    by all that have known him. RIP Jake... God Bless.

Larry Fulton"

8. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Wow! I'm so sorry to hear that. I can't say that I was a great friend but every time I saw him he made me feel like I was a dear friend. I wonder if he knew how many people he touched in his life? I sure hope so because it was a bunch. His cars are cool but the man was even cooler. I will miss him.

9. netdi

netdi
    from Mass

I am sitiing at my desk blown away by this sad news, We had the good fortune of spending some time with Jake and LuAnne at the Tyrods and Bonneville and I can honestly say I never met a happier (and nicer) couple, Our deepest condolances to you LuAnne and all of Jakes family for their deep loss. Kevin and Cathy Lavin, Mass

10. muroc

muroc

Jake was a larger than life hot rodder, who seemingly new everybody and welcomed all with open arms, covered thousands of miles in his '39 tudor with his wife Lou Ann spreading the hot rod gospel throughout, my wife and I where lucky enough to have stayed with them and for Jake to have shown me his huge collection of hot rod stuff he collected over the years.

I can count myself lucky to have met him and luckier still to have been able to call him my friend.........I cant believe he's gone

To the true "hot rod maniac".............................

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

My prayers and thoughts are with his family and friends.

12. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

13. alleyoop392

alleyoop392

Man, I heard about Jake this morning from Ron S. I was devistated. I have known Jake and louann for a bunch of years. He never had a bad thing to say about anyone. Candie and will shure miss him, and our love goes out to louann

Scot

14. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

It's always sad to hear of a HAMBer that takes that ride to Hot Rod heaven .
    RIP Friend !

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Sounds like Jake was one of those people who were a joy to know. I'm sure I'm poorer for having not met him. My condolences to his wife and family.

Frank

16. 48bill

48bill

This is so sad. Why do the good die young? Jake and his great personality will be missed by all. A true friend.
    Louann you have my heart felt sympathy.

17. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

I to had not known Jake long, but when around him, he made you think you had known him forever ,another trueiy nice guy gone and will be missed.....

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  18. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

very very sad news, A real nice guy and I'm going to miss him. Jared Brouillette

19. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Sad News, Rest Easy Jake.

20. 3windowford

3windowford
    from Edison NJ

I did not know him, but with all the nice comments about him I wish did. My condolences to his family and friends.

21. Jake and Louann The "REAL DEAL" no other way to put it went everywhere and always had a smile, Jake you will be missed by all !! Louann my heart goes out to you and please still come around Squirm and The Rumblers Car Club

22. R.I.P.
    My sincerest condolences to his family, friends and all those affected by his passing...

23. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Terrible news, one of few genuinely nice guys out there. I must say, Jake was really out there enjoying life, making the most of it.

The world needs more people like that, you will be missed!

24. I'm at a loss for words. Jake and Louann were longtime friends and I was devestated when I received the phone call a while ago. I'm gonna miss his smiling face and cheereful attitude.

R.I.P. Jake

Skip Readio

25. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Just horrible. A huge loss for our community. Godspeed.

26. The37Kid

The37Kid

This is very sad news, such a nice guy, thoughts and prayers going out to Lou Ann and his family.

27. Cshabang

Cshabang

I got news yesterday morning, unfortunately I'm out of town on buisness....I never considered Jake a friend of mine....NOT ONCE...He was and always will be my family. He was one of the most genuine people I have ever met. This shirt off his back was yours if you needed it, and when he gave you that, he'd also make sure you didn't need another one...His numerous trips, his amazing hot rods...all the product of a man who humbly lived the dream we all wish we could....I've spent untold numbers of hours with him as many of us have...and not a single one was spent with a negative tone. I've had the honor of knowing Jake and his wife Lou Ann for many years, spent tons of hours riding with them in their cars, hanging out and just honestly enjoying them...I use to tease Jake about keeping the hood open on his 39(those in the know know its one of the most beautiful Flatties ever built and used)...It got to the point where he would tease me about NOT opening his hood....I remember the look on his face when we all saw the 3 window for the first time..It was his dream to drive it to the salt....GOD that car is amazing...I'm starting to babble, as I could sit here with tears in my eyes relaying stories of Jake and Lou Ann. As I'msure all of us can..Godspeed Jakester. You are and always will be family...

My prayers and condolences to LouAnn, Alex and the rest of Jakes family and Friends

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  28. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Many years ago Fred Steele introduced me to Jake. Fred said “ now you’ve met the nicest man to ever walk the Earth”. Fred couldn’t have been more correct. Jake welcomed me (as he did all he met) like a long absent close friend. Jake and Louann both possessed the talent for always making everyone feel accepted and appreciated. Good Lord, I’ll miss you Jake. Warmest Regards, Ron

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  29. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Obviously a special person has passed....all the best and positive thoughts to his family and friends......

30. Wow, what can I say that hasn't already been said.

Louann, if there's anything at all that Sue and I can do to help you with the pain just say the word. If you ever need a place to stay when you're up this way the offer is still open - even more so. And breakfast at Dad's is on us.

There wasn't a thing I did today in the shop that didn't make me think of Jake in some way. I could picture him there with that big wide grin offering a helping hand.

Life can certainly seem so unfair at times....

Godspeed Jake and don't ever forget all those good times you had Louann.

Dennis & Sue