Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Hollish Bros. Coupe (restoration shots)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike The Photo Guy, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

I not only Posted the wrong name. The man in the Tan shirt is Tim Timoszyk. The car I posted belongs to Dave Timoszyk. This is Tim's car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

I just got the tape you sent me. It was fantastic. You really got a feel for the scene back then from watching it. The Goodyear Blimp Hangers in the background gave it a unique look. Art Arfon's was always the wildest maniac at any event he went to. I remember seeing him at Detroit Dragway as a kid in the sixties. He was the first jet car I ever saw. Reading about him at the salt flats swapping records with Craig Breedlove made me think you could do anything if you wanted it bad enough.
    All the traditional Rods were just Rods back then. What a great time to be alive. That tape need to be seen by all the HAMBsters. I wish it was on youtube. I can't thank you enough for for sending me that tape and the T-Shirt. I hope you're going to be at Bowling Green, I'd like to thank you in person. That made my day.
    Mike TPG

3. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

I stopped by Todd's to check on the progress of the Hollish Bros. Coupe. It seems to be coming along just fine considering Todd burned his foot with some scalding water. They made some body mounts and were chopping and installing the doors. Todd hooked up the Chassis Research Gas pedal and I tried to get some decent shots of the inside of the car. It's pretty cramped for a 6'2" 230 lb guy. We opened the garage door to get a shot from the front and there was a big snow storm hitting right at that moment so I could only get these two shots. I'm have a blast researching this piece of Drag Racing History.
    Mike TPG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

K.L likes this.
  4. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Mike, Thanks for posting the update photo's. I'm hopeing that i'll be able to get back to work on it by this weekend. Thanks again. Todd

5. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

Thanks for the coffee saturday morning. I loved the Juke Boxes you have. I see you soon.
    Mike TPG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Juke Box in bottom photo is For Sale. 1939 Seeburg Classic. If interested, PM me. Todd.

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks for the invite to tag along on Saturday Mike....really apprecaite it :rolleyes:

8. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

You never called me back when I left a message on Tuesday. I was at the Red Apple in Bellville with Ftroop and his gang when Todd gave me a call. I would never dis you hotrodladycruisernocallbackgirl :D If I go back before Autorama, I'll call again. I look forward to hanging with you, we got a few years worth of catching up to do. I'm posting the front and back of this polaroid for your entertainment. When people give me photos like this, it blows my mind. I live for this kind of stuff. I'll see you soon,
    Mike TPG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:eek: I have a very bad habit of not listening to my voicemails :eek:
    My own fault, 30 lashes with a wet noodle.

AWESOME photo!

10. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

very cool....great job!!!

11. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

Start the Lashing, next time I'll knock on your door. I'll find you at Autorama downstairs with all your Hambsters. Look at how the color on this Kodachrome from the late fifties is hanging in there. Kodak doesn't even process Kodachrome anymore. There's only one lab in the world that still does. See you soon.
    Mike TPG
    [​IMG]

12. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

That's Jiggs Shamblin in the closest lane, 1958.

13. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

Here's few more photos of the Hollish Bros.Coupe and another shot of Jiggs Shamblin is his dragster. These photos are like time capsules. I love old photos.
    Mike TPG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. cooljunk

cooljunk

Looks like the same cahssis under both cars.

15. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Post a video link so we can here that baby. In fact I want it so loud that my neighbors here it to. Cool ride.

16. helmsville

helmsville

thank's this is a cool thread.

17. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

I just got a great deal on use video camera that works with my Mac. I'll post a video as soon as they fire it up. They've got a little more work done on the body. I'll get over there a post an update as soon as possible.
    Mike TPG

18. What happened to Miscalculation No.1 ?

19. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

I'm not sure who has it. Here are some photos. Maybe Todd, the owner of Miscalculation 2 knows. I'll have to call him.
    Mike TPG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. HOLY shit...thats almost as bad ass as the second one...was looking thru an article with the detroit drags in a Rodding and Restyling little book...and there it was...pretty cool GREAT looking progress...

T. Hilton

21. How cool is that?

Thanks Mike!!!!!

22. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

now thats just weird looking

23. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

Todd said the Hollish Bros. sold it some some racers from Akron OH and they put a destroked olds in it. About 274 cubes. Then they lost track of where it went. If anyone on this board know what happened, I would really be interested in hearing about it.
    Mike TPG
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  24. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

oh yeah, thats bad ass.

25. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

I went over to Todd's tonight. He was working on the rear wheel wells. I started writing the story and to talk to Joe Hollish and Ernie Long. They told me some great stories. I'll have enough to fill a book by the time we get done. Todd's story is pretty cool also. He didn't set to do this project. The project came to him through divine providence.
    Mike TPG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  26. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Great pics! Not to hi-jack the thread but who manufactured that car trailer?? I want one like that bad!!

27. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

I'll call Ernie Long tomorrow and ask him. Ernie has a great memory, he might still remember.
    Mike TPG

28. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

29. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Damn Mike !!!, Do you ever sleep? You posted these fast!!!!!!

30. ftroop

ftroop
    from Detroit

Man is that thing fugly:D

See you tomorrrowish