Register now to get rid of these ads!

The "Herminator"

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by vectorsolid, Jul 27, 2009.

1. vectorsolid

vectorsolid
    from Montana

Head is done and flowed. Engine is being re-assembled... I'm still dubious we'll have a running, driving, track ready car by tomorrow morning. We'll see. :eek:

2. vectorsolid

vectorsolid
    from Montana

Here's the info on the head in its new configuration. I shudder to think about the hours and machining that are in that head.

240cfm @ .500 lift
    255cfm @ .600 lift

We almost wet our pants with those numbers.
    New flywheel was a pain, had to re-shim stuff to get proper starter engagement. I called it a night I've got to load a car I need to have the NHRA guy CERT at the track tomorrow and I can't be late, I'm 12th in line. The boys are still out there plugging away.

Motor is back in, and we fired it about 30 minutes ago. Gonna time it, re-do some fuel stuff, and load it on the trailer to be at the track at 8am... that's about 5 hours from now.... AND, the track is 90 minutes away... Say hello to a 3 hour power nap. *UGH*

Silly dragsters.... :eek: :D Ain't a one of us on this forum young enough to survive this torture.... :p Maybe we'll beat that 7.50 this weekend. (crosses fingers).

3. CrkInsp

CrkInsp
    from B.A. OK

Victor,
    Just a little info for you to use for comparision.
    Roy Merritt, 320" gmc, 1.777 60', 7.286 1/8th, at 96.73mph/ 1/8th, 115.32 mph/ 1/4.
    Bob Hindman, 272" chevy, 1.806 60', 7.604 1/8th at 91.15mph/ 1/8th, 111.58mph/ 1/4.
    These are SDRA cars running in 100 deg. heat at 90% hum. I'm passing this along for your info.
    Jr. Clark
    "CrkInsp"

4. vectorsolid

vectorsolid
    from Montana

Car didn't perform as we'd hoped. All that great head work has exceeded the cams ability to use it. Time for a new cam. Car was a few 1/10ths slower and we had some adjustment issues. No big. we'll get that ironed out. :)

CrkInsp:

Looks like we are on the right track. our 60's are were they need to be. I know xsparts isn't going to be happy until we dip a 6 anyway. or at the very least load up a time better than Roys GMC. :p

Looks like we're close to running with Bob's times. Both Roy and Bob only put up another 20mph on the big end.

We need more funds for parts... (leaves to go buy lottery tickets...) :D We need a cam, about 2 points of compression, some gearing, and some rear suspension. well, at least that's simple... *ugh*

So, at this point, we need to rip a solid 7.2 in the 1/8th to open the big can of whoop ass.

5. CrkInsp

CrkInsp
    from B.A. OK

I hope your return on the lottery tickets is better than mine.