Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Hemi Valve Cover Gallery- Post pics here

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Jun 1, 2006.

1. HEMIFRED

HEMIFRED
    from NJ

in post 244 those are my covers and that's my shop:D
    [​IMG]

2. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jeff... YEAH! Please! That would be neat! Shoot me a PM whenever you get around to it. No rush! Thanks!

3. Eracer

Eracer
    from Wisconsin

4. Eracer

Eracer
    from Wisconsin

5. Those PARKER covers are on my Deuce 5W, they came from an estate sale at Mickey Thompsons place after he and the wife were killed. They had MT blue overspray on them as if they were sitting near a small paint job. They were raw castings, the gasket surfaces were not milled and the holes weren't drilled. I did all the prep work.

I know of a fella with a large HEMI collection who has another pair, that have been raced, breathers cut in and generally beat on. There must be more out there, but have never seen any other original sets.

He may have loaned them out, as I saw a poorly cast set of copies at the GNRS last year, on a Maroon Deuce. Pitiful copies, letters were not near as sharp and lots of really rough sand showing in the cast.

Johnnie.

Attached Files:

6. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Any thoughts on doing a small run of them of better quality?? Wonder what the copyright details would be on those. They are super cool!

7. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

???

8. moparforlife

moparforlife
    from Rolla, MO

Small block Hemi conversion.

Attached Files:

9. And if you still had a lot of Hemi stuff today . . . you'd be selling it and making some real big $$$ :D

10. Can't say it's crossed my mind, but sooner or later, you know somebody will. Lets just hope they have access to a better foundry than the guys who made the one set of copies I did see.

Johnnie.

11. crider

crider

My ebay junk ones after spending way to much time fixing them, they look pretty decent now [​IMG]

slayer and Jungle Jalopy like this.
  12. 73RR

73RR

crider, I am a bit worried for you with regards to the size of the fittings on your remote oil filter plate. The i.d. looks pretty small.
    Ideally, all fittings and hose should have nearly the same id as the holes in the block, about 7/16".
    A nice clean alternative to the AN fittings is Aeroquip FC-332 hose and push-lock fittings. Use -8 parts.

Gary

13. crider

crider

They are -8 fittings, I don't know why they look so small in the pic. But thanks for the heads up anyhow

14. Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
    slayer likes this.
  15. Von MoPar

Von MoPar
    from Australia

O'brein Truckers with moon breathers

Attached Files:

slayer likes this.
  16. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Block marine hemi valve covers VS script marine V/c's how much rarer are the block ones??

I have a old set of chromes

17. Next time Crider, send your money to me and get some valve covers made in America. They come with hardware and they're drilled, machined and fitted with spark plug tube seals. Sorry you had to go the hard way to get where you're at. I do have to complement you on your work though - they now look as good as the ones I ship:)

Dennis

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  18. EARLYHEMIBILL

EARLYHEMIBILL
    from ?

Desoto hemi. I haven't figured out how to post photos on these pages so my avatar will have to do. Bill

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  19. How's this?

[​IMG]

slayer likes this.
  20. Is it just me, or do these valve covers all look very similar? I read in a couple of places that the pattern maker for Mickey Thompson's stuff was a guy named George Parker. So my conspiracy theory is that George did the original MT covers, maybe private branded some (OEM'd) through Kellison, later sold some with his name added to the pattern (easy to do) and then sold the tooling to PAW (or they get valve covers from someone who now owns the patterns or copied them.) Also, I've seen covers just like these with THOMPSON on them right where the PARKER is (again easy to do on the original pattern.)

Comments?

Attached Files:

21. 41Plymouth4dr

41Plymouth4dr
    from Tioga, PA

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    :eek: Well if it's killing you, I'm dead or even worse, I don't have any size Hemi's yet!
    I'm just looking for one I can clean up to sit in my living room under a piece of glass(coffee table) to piss the girlfriend off:D, cuz I can't afford to put one in my car!:cool:

22. EARLYHEMIBILL

EARLYHEMIBILL
    from ?

If you think it's bad now, just wait till you're married. Just getting a magazine with a photo of a hemi will be a luxury!

23. There's a guy in PA that's casting valve covers that, if I remember correctly, look like M/T covers. I saw them at Macungie a few years back so I'll have to do some digging to see if I gave some pics someplace.

24. mrstude

mrstude
    from florida US

I Totally agree !

25. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

Being new to early Hemis (331 in avatar) this thread has been great. Thanks to all who posted. I'm now schooled in Hemi Valve covers.

26. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

The new Ansen Chrysler early hemi covers look very nice. And made in the U.S.A.

Attached Files:

slayer likes this.
  27. farmer12

farmer12

Here's a few pics of my 392 with M/T valve covers.

Attached Files:

slayer likes this.
  28. I guess I should have caught this a long time ago seeing as I've been thru this thread a few times, but better late than never I have an answer to your search for a picture of a pair of Sharp valve covers.

Just look in the Mooneyes catalog.

Yep, a friend of mine here in Mass. has a pair of covers on his 36 coupe that say Moonyham inside of them. When he asked Gene Mooneyham about them Gene told him he had a very rare set of valve covers. According to what Gene told my buddy, they only made a couple dozen valve covers and then sold the pattern to Dean Moon.

Just a little piece of Hemi valve cover history......

Dennis

29. I believe those are Fenton valve covers are they not? If so they're not NOS. It looks like they were chrome plated and had the name ground off. My guess is the paper was from the chromer.

Does anyone have pictures of Fenton's without the spark plug hole covers?

One of my friends sent me pics to identify of a pair of Dodge valve covers and they're stamped Left and Right inside. I've asked him for permission to post the pics.

Dennis

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
    Jungle Jalopy likes this.
  30. tommythecat79

tommythecat79

I got a 56' 354

Attached Files:

• 146.jpg
      146.jpg
      File size:
      213.6 KB