Register now to get rid of these ads!

The HAMB's first gay rodder!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by hotrodder69, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotrodder69

hotrodder69
    BANNED

Hi guys and gals!

I'm new here, but I've been checking it out for a while with out an account, I guess I better introduce myself..

My name is James, I live in the wonderful state of California (okay so it's not that great) I have 3 on going projects a Brookville '31 RPU with a 392 Hemi, and Ford top loader (it's metallic purple, and getting a white pearl vinyl interior) I also have a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biaritz, this was my grandmothers first and only car, I have restored it back to original but have plans to make a mild custom out of her someday. And my last project is my 1936 Chevy two door smooth back sedan...it's in dire need of TLC, but she will be brought back to her glory in the near future.

Oh and as you may have seen the title, I am one of the few gay guys I know that is actually into cars...I catch all kinds a flack for it from friends but it doesn't bother me much, people in the automotive hobby in general don't really connect with it either but, Oh well...

Anyhow you folks have a nice day, and I'll catch you later.
    Buh-Bye,
    James;)

2. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

welcome to the hamb, james.

no problem with the gay thing. that said, i would have never guessed... gay guys normally never would use the word "Buh-Bye."

let's see some pictures of those cars. hopefully they have some men with mustaches, wearing leather in them! :D

-scott noteboom

3. hotrodder69

hotrodder69
    BANNED

Scott,

I can allready tell the HAMB is going to be a great place..you are hilarious...I'm sorry to tell you none of my pictures have mustached dudes in leather...I'll get some pics up though as soon as I get a new scanner (I don't like digital cameras, I like the old timey film cameras that will most likely be obsolete in the next 10 years...)

Thanks for the laughs,
    James.

4. DirtyDan

DirtyDan

Welcome to the board. I think there are plenty of Gay guys in the world of Hot Rodding.... I mean how else can we explain the pastel Easter egg colored paint jobs of 1990's Street Rodding???

:)

Post some pics of your projects and try not to take any of us too seriously!

5. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

Well shit this is kinda odd, but hell welcome to the HAMB!

Sounds like you've got a nice collection of cars there, I would love to see some pictures of that '36, I've got I thought about doing something with, but it needs a new home...

Good luck with the HAMB, hopefully everyone takes to ya kindly.

6. CalifCarl

CalifCarl

Wow a flat belly! Not that there is anything wrong with that.

The handle hotrodder69 give such a different mental visual. :eek

7. JeffroTech

JeffroTech

Welcome. Nice cars. Glad you are really into it.:D

Don't care about your sexual orientation either.:confused:

Hope you don't mind that I'm straight.:)

8. Abomination

Abomination

Man, I don't care WHO'S in it - I wanna see that Eldo Biaritz! Holy cow, man!

My ex's best friend is gay... I once heard one of friends say he didn't need a torch because he was so flamin'. LMAO!

Welcome to the HAMB, dude. You might want to check out the '59 & '60 Cadillac Guys social group: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=6

~Jason

9. Adam D.

Adam D.

welcome bro!

10. Abomination

Abomination

LOL!

Seems to be the general sentiment!

~Jason

11. skuzkitty

skuzkitty

Not my place to judge! Welcome and yeah....let's see the Caddy!!!!!

12. Slostang

Slostang

Welcome to HAMB. Meh a car person is a car person and it looks like you got a good interest in the hobby so i say that's all that matters well that and you supply pics of the caddy .

13. There's tons of gay guys here on the HAMB. They're the ones that post all the gay threads. they should be easy to spot.

ha ha.

14. wild willey

wild willey

Welcome !!!!! Can't wait to check out those pic's,of what sound like, SWEET rides. Welcome to a VERY "diverse" group.

Jon

15. Terry

Terry

Don't we already have a gay chapter in Australia?

16. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

James, I'm at least voting you in for the best intro for 2009 so far.

Got to give you a lot of credit for laying it out right from the start. Personally, it doesn't matter to me if you are gay or not or whatever. And have to give you some credit too for going against the grain and not taking the easy path. That has a lot in common with hot rodding as well.

Sounds like you have got a hell of a nice collection of projects. As others have said, post up some photos and let's see these babies. Words are cool, but we like visuals around here.

17. Velomech

Velomech
    BANNED
    from nunya

who cares...welcome aboard. For the most part, I dont think anyone gives a shit. It's cars man.

Cheers and beers
    Hodge

18. isnt the HAMB like the military? if you dont tell , we wont ask?
    wanna talk about cars?? cool!
    wanna be a fag on the HAMB?

[​IMG]
    let the shit begin!

19. So instead of coming out of the closet, you came out of the trunk?

Welcome -

20. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Is this what you were looking for??
    [​IMG]
    :D

21. according to bob bleed, ackerman was gay also.

22. brentthebarber

brentthebarber
    from San Diego

Welcome, now get those pics up already! All we care about is that you like hot rods, not where you like to stick it!

23. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

^ahaha.
    hey man, welcome and all but seriously-nobody cares if you're gay or straight. why would you even make a point to say so? who gives a shit?

24. rixrex

rixrex

Oh man, a 59 Eldorado Barritz once owned by an old lady from Hollywood!?, too cool, polish it up and drive it, try not to mess with it too much..show us pics...

25. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Doc Watson is president and the charter member. I believe he is what they call a poofter (spelling?)

26. Bad news mi amigo, you're not even close on being the first gay-boy around here, I know a few others ! And guess what ? Their rides leak oil just like the rest of ours, so who gives a fuck.

Welcome to the H.O.M.O. er....I mean the H.A.M.B.

Johnnie.

27. Like George Carlin said ""The only thing better than a 69 is a 71"" And if you don't know don't ask !! >>>>.

28. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

I would like to see that Caddy !

29. HammerDown

HammerDown

My sentiments exactly. I didn't make it a point to make sure everyone knew I was straight when I joined...

30. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Nobody here gives a crap if your gay or not... But if your gonna wear it on your sleeve, you better have some thick skin and a good sense of humor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.