Register now to get rid of these ads!

The HAMBIGRAM in BETA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 3, 2013.

1. The only problem I can see is that you could really #any picture you want no matter who's it is or what the subject matter... So that may be a problem? Ryan, are they automatically uploaded to your stream if they get #or do you preview them?

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Correct... and that's not the only problem... This is really just an experiment more than it is anything else.

3. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I hate Facebook, got forced into that by a family memberand only check it twice a year and basically only look at it to see what other car people are doing. I never really wanted to know what Twitter is/ does. I do not need to tell people when I poop, eat or sleep. Not even sure what Instagram is, only heard of it a few times. Why do I need this new technology.

I must be getting old, as most of this new stuff just seems like a waste of time

4. And what's funny is that i started an account on YOUR recommendation YEARS ago.

Thanks alot.

instagram rules.

5. Ace5n85

Ace5n85

This is awesome....love it.

On a related note, Ryan has answered my "why the hell would I ever give a damn about other peoples pictures and need instagram?" question. Nice work, sir! I've been a member of lots of forums (Hot Rods, Metalworking, 4x4's, guns, etc.) in the past few years, NEVER have I seen anyone duplicate Ryan's devotion and constant attention. Thanks a lot, Ryan. It's your attention to the little things that make this forum head and heels above the others.

6. PG

PG

Absolutely brilliant!

7. There's a lot of us that have been tagging hotrod pics with #hamb for a while (as I'm sure you well know). This would be a very cool way to further integrate that onto here.

There was a thread a while back where a number of us listed our Instagram user names to help find each other too...

8. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i'm @generalgow...easy enough to find me.

i'll start playing along and we'll see where this goes. i love the idea.

9. I'm going to start hashtagging all of my HAMB thread posts. #pointless #hashtagsdonotworkhere

@danhay77 on instagram

10. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

11. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

...and I'm not sure people are aware you can actually use it as a photo hosting site to post your photos in threads here on the HAMB:
    (just right-click, copy, then paste image)

[​IMG]

12. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well there you go posting that "80s" roadster again...:eek::D:D:cool:

13. rld14

rld14

Ryan,

Great idea! I've searched the #hamb tag before and excepting the occasional burger shot from a French speaker its mostly on topic stuff that gets posted.

If anyone isn't familiar with how hash tags work.. It's simple

In the text box, once you post your pic, you type a hash tag "#" followed by a word with no spaces or punctuation (if you tried to use #h.a.m.b. it would work as #h). Tagging pictures is a good thing because that's how people search for them.

If I post a pic of, say, the Ford up ill post something like this with the pic:

#1954 #ford #1954ford #fordcustomline #yblock #classiccar #classicford

I'm @wsweismann on there.

14. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Hahahaha!!! very funny :D

15. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for confirming my thoughts bud. I thought it was just over-50 paranoia on my part but apparently not, huh? I constantly get told I "need" a FB account. Mrs Highlander did one and almost never uses it. Shit, I don't even have a "smart phone" AND just took up texting in the last 5mo:eek:

Does that make me more "traditional"?:D:D

16. jjsound

jjsound

Picture only threads, brilliant!

17. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

18. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I use the #hamb hashtag a lot too, but only with relevant things like my hotrod, my '56, and other HAMBy stuff.

I'm "oldcarscott" on Instagram.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  19. It's great! Nice work

20. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I absolutely LOVE Instagram (wife always says "I told you, you would!") I hardly use FB anymore for the reasons mentioned and use Instagram for the reasons mentioned. In FACT! I've started following a ton of people that have proved inspirational. Everything from fabricators that don't post here, but do there, cars I wouldn't normally see here (but should) and just a lot of good images, PERIOD. I like pictures. I love instagram.

So would the HAMBIGRAM be available through the HAMB app? I dig it!

BTW, Ryan! That little guy of yours is growing up FAST! WOW!

21. I love IG. I post pics almost daily. I love to see images people post. No bullshit, no drama.

22. E.C.

E.C.
    from Tx

Now that's pretty cool.

23. Instagram is very cool indeed, my kids turned me on to it about a year ago. Tons of awesome car photos from people worldwide. I'll #hamb when the subject matter fits... @cobraracer22

24. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

This #hamb tag has proved great bait for finding accounts to follow. :D

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Great Idea! I know we were talking at the Revolution and I had said to you it would be awesome to use that technology of @Ryan to let someone know that you were referring to them in the thread. This is a great start to an always evolving site like the HAMB.

26. pastlane

pastlane

27. I think I got it. I was trying to use my PC instead of my Gallaxy.

that dnickles guy is me

28. tripleduece

tripleduece
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ill buy a hambigram account! Lol why even stream through them!

29. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Loving it. Just went through a few and put the hashtag on them and they showed up on here. Awesome.

(IG: @thenelsongarage)