Register now to get rid of these ads!

The H.A.M.B. gets some air time

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ol rusty, Mar 27, 2008.

1. ol rusty

ol rusty
    from Kentucky

I was watching car crazy a couple of days ago. They were covering the Hunnert Car Pile Up and the H.A.M.B. was talked about breifly.

2. greendream

greendream

Car crazy? Never heard of that? What channel?

3. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Where's Sam???

He's CAR CRAZY.......

4. FINKSTR

FINKSTR

Do you mean My Classic Car with Dennis Gage? I caught that episode last week end.

5. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Car crazy in on the speed channel. It's Barry Meguiar's show.

I beleive the Hunnert Car Pile up was on My Classic Car. Not Car Crazy. Or at least thats where I saw it.

6. radredrod

radredrod

Check out carcrazycentral.com...fairly decent site.

7. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

who cares at least we had some air time!!!!! and both shows are good ones to watch but i cant get speed network here so i miss a lot of good things.

8. Hellfish

Hellfish

we were on car crazy, too??? No one from that show talked to us or got permission... not that we really care, but we like seeing ourselves on tv and it's nice to know when to look. :D I don't have cable, so I'll never see it anyway.

I guess the HAMB is about to see it's membership jump... hopefully not all street rodders

9. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Why not street rodders...??? Don't think they can change...???

R-

10. I've always looked at it like....Street rodders lay down the credit card for their car........Hot rodders build and drive their stuff.........IMO

11. Gusaroo

Gusaroo

Car Crazy is on all the time in my area. Barry Meguiar is so annoying, I cant watch more than 5 miutes of the show...

12. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

We don't like their kind around these parts!

13. BinderRod

BinderRod

I just love those neon white false teeth!!

14. the HAMB ..were bad anre we are nation wide!

15. shit holmes..we're WORLD WIDE! :D

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I think I remember seeing that, but I'm always in aww of that mans WHITE TEETH I can't be sure. I get lost in the white light.

17. 8flat

8flat

Doesn't one of the guys have a big rolled-up handlebar moustache? He's a little strange....

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's my classic car...I think. He's is like the crazy science teacher you had back in High School.

19. 8flat

8flat

Ahh....yep I think you're right. My bad.

20. Stizzealth

Stizzealth

If you want to see someone really annoying, watch Top Gear.

I can't stand it.

21. ol rusty

ol rusty
    from Kentucky

it was my classic car sorry got my shows mixed up

22. Speed King

Speed King
    from Omaha

No kidding, I've tried just can't get by it.

23. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Well Shaggy...just goes to show what you know...I'm a street rodder...

and meatball, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one...

I AM a street rodder...I built my own my hot rod myself (and continue to do so)...I didn't use a credit card...I spent cash and traded for the things I needed...I didn't pay anyone for anything other than an interior and chrome work. My '40 had a nose down attitude, like a street rod...and a shiny paint job...of course, that was way before there was anything like "rat rodders"...or "trad rodders"...and sure as hell way before many trad rodders probably were even of driving age yet.

So, don't consider every street rodder a pariah...street rodders are among you, and maybe even have trad cars nowaday...

R-

24. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Does this mean we're going to have to warm up the "FNG padels"?! :D Since a bunch of new people will be joining and all... :rolleyes:

Not sure if exposure is a good thing or a bad thing. I'll keep the popcorn close by though...

25. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Oh BTW Meatball, I have over 130,000 street and highway miles on my '40 Studey...ya don't get that from putting it on and off a trailer...and over 50,000 on my '57 Chevy...the '55 Caddy I'm building is going to be a highway cruzer...

R-

26. i missed it!? damn! i cant find any future airing either. looks like i gotta wait till the end of the season and buy the series of episodes from myclassiccar. i hope someone puts it on youtube or something

27. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

instant exposure makes for a sudden painful growth spurt. Maybe they won't like us hoodlums much. Ah, who knows......?

28. Hellfish

Hellfish

The Pileup DOUBLED in size every year for the first few years. You can't get much bigger of a growth spurt than that. We handled that just fine. It didn't change the show, in fact, we tightened up the criteria and got better at enforcing it. The show has been slowly increasing in size since then, but has remained between 700-900 for the past few years. It will be interesting to see what happens this year.

Roger - don't get yourself all worked up. "Street rodder" comments aren't directed at guys like you, and you know it. We all respect guys who build and drive their own cars, even if they're not in a style we personally like. I've seen your cars and read your books. You're the real deal... even if you have a pink car. :D

29. magnet

magnet

Can't say anything bad about a guy who builds _and_ drives his own car.. ever.... that should be a man law.

I just watched the my classic car episode.. i sort of.. maybe.. let slip.. the url of the site.. maybe... a little bit.

I wouldn't be the first time.. i whored out the czar and the pileup url too.. i think they got left on the cutting room floor.

oh well... i do what i can for the revolution.

30. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

You know some times I can't stand some of you guys for more then 5 seconds or so but I still do what I can to keep this hobby alive! If it were not for guys like Dennis Gage and Berry Maguyer and SEMA we would lose our hobby to the politicians that want to put heavy restrictions on our cars. Plus these guys get a kick out of seeing TRAD cars and getting the chance to talk to the folks that build them.
    I think some of you need to pull your heads out of your "I'm super cool" A$$ and check out who's got your back!