Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The H.A.M.B. Family

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grits, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Become an Alliance Member! :D

2. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Just to belong.

shorter replys

HOLY SHIT...I just got back in from making that snow angel.....now there are 5 pages!!!!

3. wow
    see my by line

4. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did i miss what % are Alliance Members ?

5. 75% of my posts are photos...
    Hey Ryan,how many of those deleted posts were photos? hahaha! Nevermind...

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would think that there are a lot of "joiners" in the world who join a lot of boards but never participate. Also as someone mentioned a lot of guys just check on to check the classifieds and never spend much or any time checking the board it's self. A quick click, scroll down several pages checking for that elusive part that you need and gone.

Some like Squirrel and Bruce Lancaster answer tons of questions every day and those two can be counted on to give concise answers that the person asking can actually use. No flack or what not just answering what may be the same question that they answered 100 times before to help someone out.

And we have become more then just a batch of car nuts who happen to like the same style of cars and the same type of modifications over the years. We care about what goes on with each other even though we may never see or meet the other guys in person. We cry when we loose someone in the group and it seems way too early in their lives lately and we celebrate the births of their children with them. We will jump in the truck and hook up the trailer and head out in the dark of night to rescue a member along side the highway just because it is what we do for each other.

And we applaud the efforts of our fellow members when they drag out the photo album to show us their latest project be it just started or just finished or after winning the big show or race.

7. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Amen! I agree. This HAMB is a great place! I have learned a lot, and have gotten some great ideas for fixing up and customizing my Acadian. The HAMB is about people, and I too have been touched by members births, and family illness and worse. I hope in some small way I may have helped a bit in giving thoughts and prayers in times of sorrow.
    In my previous post I did not want to suggest there is anything wrong with lots of posting. More power to them! When I am someday retired and/or have lots of spare time, I'll probably post a lot... and have more time to work on my Acadian...

8. <TABLE id=post4762276 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid" id=td_post_4762276 class=alt1>
    <!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid" class=alt2></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid" class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Count me in.

9. Interesting statement....I often pass his name on to folks looking for answers....This HAMB thing sure has awakened Hot Rodding....Thanks Ryan!

10. Godspeed

Godspeed

100% :eek:

11. 50stude p/u

50stude p/u

No way, only 42.318% have actually gone through the certification process.

12. There's some interesting stats about the H.A.M.B. at board reader logo.png (click the logo).

13. i don't care how cold it is outside, you need to back away from the computer asap! that is some serious calculations and i think my head would have exploded on 'a'.

14. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I kinda miss those days! You guys that joined after say, I dunno, '05/'06?, have no idea just how 'wild west' it was around here.. It was rad. Not as productive as it is now though..

And by the way 40stude, I never did an intro! I kept thinking somebody would call me out but I just snuck in :)

15. i just figured out that 87.3% of my posts are mindless dribble. damn!
    but hey, im having fun and this thread is funny.

16. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

it worked this morning wtf?

Styx video.."Too Much Time on my hands"

ok i've tried like 3 times 3 different video's from you tube..none of them will load on here..is that option broken?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  17. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

another item of statistical interest...

[​IMG]

18. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I know one person that doesn't post .

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WOW, this place was jumping on Dec 31st :eek:

20. retromotors

retromotors

There are three basic types of falsehoods.
    In ascending order of severity, they are:
    1) lies
    2) damn lies
    3) statistics

( I think I'm 99.9% right about that.) :rolleyes:

21. It's working fine on this end.

22. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

ahh ok..must be this computer..it shows up a blank window..but at home it worked on my lap top..
    cool:cool:

23. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

seems grits is trying to live up to his new einsteinish avatar...

...and zman and I have improved our regularity...we poo alot more...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  24. Muttley

Muttley

Just make sure theres something to wipe with before you go.

[​IMG]

25. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

between my morning coffee and the HAMB I don't need any bran. :D

26. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

.t. M. I.:(

27. Two reasons for that.

1. Some guys don't waste time with 4 doors thereby freeing up an hour or two for reading the board. ;):D

Or #2. which is probably more accurate.........take a person with 15,000 posts and has been here for say 8 years. 8x365days gives us 2920 days. 15000 divided by 2920= 5.13 posts and or replies per day. Easy to do if you interact even the tiniest amount:)

28. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Do the post counts include the posts in the social grouops?
    Old Farts SG has over 30k posts.

As for high post counts.....
    I am truely grateful that guys like Bruce Lancaster (and many others) THAT HAVE GOOD STUFF TO SHARE post often.

I can't begin to enumerate all that I have learned here.

29. Damn Gary....It's even colder today than it was yesterday.......what else can we expect from you next?

30. 4tl8ford

4tl8ford
    from Erie, Pa

May I never be so bored.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.