Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The H.A.M.B. Coupe - It's yours!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32ford5, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metalman

metalman

OK, sorry about the previous post, just got off the phone with Bill (thanks for calling Bill!), cleared up my doughts and I'm back 100%.
    Rich, your PM box is full!

2. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't despair, Metalman. Some of us have had moments of doubt through this thread...I know I started getting impatient. Even Bill expressed some temporary frustration. We'll probably experience more of that at one time or another along the way...just as with our individual builds. Makes the end-result even sweeter. We won't feel as proud if it's easy. Bill has given us no indication of any selfishness on his part. I believe he has all of our best interests at heart. Personally, I have no problem at all with Bill managing things, considering that he started this. I say let's enjoy the build, and even the prelude...the necessary planning and organization and decision-making to be done. We'll all have a chance to contribute, and whether our contribution is large or small, each of us will share an equal amount of pride and enjoyment.

3. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

The various hambs had me laughing out loud.

Thanks for your kind words too. I agree with many of your ideas as well. It would be great to have all (Alliance?) members be able to relay the car around the place. It would take some big thinking and custom insurance contracts but anything can be done if we want it to. I'm sure the first 15 companies will say "No" to insurance but the 16th will say yes. Maybe even the 34th.

It would be worth it to be able to nominate responsible drivers (how to charities get different drivers to drive their busses and vehicls around?) and be able to all get a chance at driving it. Some folks might never get a cool car but they can always say they got to drive the "X-Coupe?" around the block or from one state to the next.

Ricky, thanks for your support.

Metalman, it was great to hear your passion for this project and I can't wait to get this started (in fact I think we already have).<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

4. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

You know what, I'm thinking no matter what its official name, its the hamb coupe forevermore

5. BULLSHIT ALERT

Go back to the beginning of this Thread ...

Read my posts ....

I offered to transport the body ....
    I offered to relay the parts for the body ....

The HAMB Community is being played here :cool:

The Author of this Thread is insincere in my opinion :mad:

In his signature he lists items for sale (update - he JUST CHANGED his signature) :confused:

In his latest posts he reasserts I still own the body :rolleyes:

The body would not belong to him anymore as of his first post

There is zero liability in ownership of a body

It is not a car ....
    It has no registration - it has no title
    It is a part

There is no reasonable explanation as to why this
    car part is still in his possession :confused:

In my opinion this is a manipulation of the HAMB Community
    to allow one guy free publicity and high profile for
    stuff he is selling by keeping the membership strung along :cool:

The longer he stalls - the more exposure he gets for what
    he is peddling

This should be name The Bullshit Thread ;)

As discussed with metalman on the phone .....

SOMEONE ELSE donate a body - I will haul it to their shop
    as my schedule allows along with donated parts

Jim

6. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

I don't understand your confusion Jim. Have you been drinking? I have explained EXACTLY why this car is STILL in my possession several times. What the hell else do you want me to do with it! It's mine until Ryan takes it off my hands or a legal structure is formed to take it off my hands. This last solution is being organised as we speak and in fact we were just about to announce it. Rich Venza can vouch for that.

Stop the crazy fucking accusations! I am selling my 32 coupe (now sold to a NON HAMBER!!) to finance my new 34 coupe. That's all. There is nothing going on here at all like you are suggesting. What? Aren't we allowed to sell things on the H.A.M.B.? I see people doing it all the bloody time! I've done nothing wrong and I don't know what you are FREAKING out about to be frank.

But if you still feel like calling me a bullshitter, manipulator go right ahead. You're wrong and if I was standing in front of you we would be having very serious words right now.

It's not enough that I donate over $6,000 to the cause to get this started? I have to put up with this bullshit?! You Jim, have completely lost your mind.

Chill the fuck out! I'll pay for the transport myself. I'm glad you're out! - NEXT!

Update: I changed my signature BEFORE reading your lunatic rant Jim and I posted a thank you message on my build thread for the 32 at the same time. Then I come on here and read this crap. You need to stop being so paranoid dude.

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  7. Bill,

You have donated NOTHING to date - that is the TRUTH

But - you have directly profited by using this thread you created
    to peddle your wares .....

What has this guy SOLD using this Thread since he started it :confused:

All my posts have been Public

HAMBers should know who this guy really is ;)

Here is a PM I just received from this guy ......

<TABLE id=post class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid" class=alt2 width=175>32ford5<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true); </SCRIPT>
    Alliance Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid" id=td_post_ class=alt1><!-- icon and title -->[​IMG] You're a fucking lunatic!
    <HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Fuck off! Dickhead. You got EVERYTHING WRONG!

EVERYTHING!!
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    Bill Stacy

My Gallery
    H.A.M.B. Coupe
    My '34 Coupe

<!-- / sig --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

My offer stands to transport a body or roller and associated
    parts for an
    actual build ;)

Any True HAMBers up for a " NO BULLSHIT BUILD "?

Jim

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  8. metalman

metalman

Wow Jim. OK, I've got to respond to this and shead some light on the conversation Jim & I had yesterday. Both of us were expressing doughts as to what's going on here, hince my earlier post and now Jims. Personally, after talking with Bill on the phone this morning I feel better. Maybe this whole thing is BS, maybe not. No way a really knowing untill this body is picked up and on it's way to mine or any other HAMBer's possesion where we can really say "it's our coupe". Bill said nothing to convice me it won't happen so I'm proceeding as planned.
    Bottom Line... Doesn't matter what Bill's true intentions are he has already planted a seed of something really cool a lot of us want get involved with. IF we don't end up with this body, there is no reason the IDEA has to die. Let's do this thing. If we don't get Bill's body let's look for another and do it anyway! This is the heart of what Jim & I discussed yesterday.
    Right now I feel we should give Bill the benefit of dought and see if he comes thru on his end, it's a generous offer. Don't think we should wait forever though.
    Guess the ball is in your court Bill. When and now how do we get the car?

9. metalman

metalman

Sorry, I see my answer got posted before I typed the questain.
    BTW, the drama got to stop or this will die IMHO.

10. RichG

RichG

Yes, PLEASE! Don't let the concept fall apart like this. If not the coupe, then some other car... play it out and see what happens. Better to wait and know who's in it for what than to call B.S. and find out you were wrong. There's some darn good people in this thread wanting to see this come together.

11. Tenacious A

Tenacious A
    from Willis Tx

It is true; 50% of the people on this planet are morans.

12. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

13. RichG

RichG

...sorry boys, I'm outta here. I'll be waiting and watching for the build thread, I'm still willing to contribute what little I can.

[​IMG]

14. Stop what exactly Bill?

You offered here on the Thread you started to sell the body for $1.00

Metalman - who you have approved to receive the body has been
    asked by me publicly to buy the body and start the build ....

Metalman receives the body - the build begins ;)

Only problem for you Bill - you lose control :rolleyes:

Is that what this is all about Bill :confused:

Metalman - will you buy this for $1.00 ??????

Jim

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ok fellas... This thing is off until I have the time to deal with it.

Drama and name calling sucks... I won't get my name involved with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.