Register now to get rid of these ads!

The H.A.M.B. Classifieds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 18, 2012.

1. sololobo

sololobo

2. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I'm assuming(yes I know) that this vBulletin is the same as the Ford barn vBulletin? I only ask cause I can edit the price field there.

3. 117harv

117harv

When an item sells, why do sellers post (sold)? Doing this just brings it back up to the top for no reason. Edit the original post in bold (item X is sold), posting it sold after 10 btts makes no sense, unless an interestd buyer scrolls down to the bottom to see that post you made they wont know it's sold. Also instead of posting 20 single item adds, put 2 3 or more items in one add, many do this....just some thoughts.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    5window likes this.
  4. Harms Way

Harms Way

Uhmmmmmm...... There are rules ?:cool:;):D

5. Over at another nameless forum that HotRodPrimer and I run for a specific year model of Ford from the mid-fifties :p we put a time limit on classifieds.

Cars for Sale and Parts for Sale get deleted after 90 days. Wanted ads get a longer amount of time.

We're a small group so the eBay stuff doesn't take up a bunch of space over there. Here though...I think allowing eBay ads is probably not the best idea.

We also ask the OP to delete the ads themselves when the car/part sells or alert us and we'll do it for them.

These rules keep the classifieds pretty fresh over there and give the viewer a fairly high degree of confidence that the ads are still relevant.

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That stuff has always got the most BTT's but most of those guys don't post on or read the HAMB anyhow and will never see this thread.

Thanks Ryan, I might actually check out the classifieds more often now.

The separate page for linking Ebay stuff isn't bad either as sometimes you see something that might be a great deal for a guy who is hunting for said item. Hopefully it won't get swamped by the "we are only here to sell our high priced stuff to the Hamb rubes" sellers who now seem to post a lot in the Classifieds.

7. the other me

the other me

OH SHIT.....I've heard about the hope and change coming to america and now it's hit the HAMB. Ryan you suck!!! Hey, come on it's been quite a while since Ryan had to send me one of those quit causin shit pm's that I have been missing so I thought I'd try for another!!!

Just givin ya some ribbin BOSS. I think the changes were long overdue and should be good. Thanks for puttin up with all of us and feedin our needs!!!! CHEERS.

8. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Yeah it’s all good. This the best of the internet.

9. WTF?!?!?! This thread has been dead for ages

5window likes this.
  10. Seems like a lot of old threads have been resurrected in the last few days. HRP

Tman likes this.
  11. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

He did bump his head pretty hard the other day.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Isn't this why the threads are kept?

13. 5window

5window

Some old threads are worthwhile. This one was barely useful nine years ago.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  14. eggzactly!