Register now to get rid of these ads!

The H.A.M.B. Calendar - Missing Holidays...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weirdos start closing in, the only cure is to load up in some insanely fast car and drive like a bastard from Dripping Springs to Johnson City. Responsibility be damned in an effort of speed and power.

It works too... I've often found that the noises and sensation of speed are often the best cures for disappointment.

And so here I am, coming to you with hat in hand and an apology after a blast through central Texas. I'm getting good at those. Too good some might say, but I've never cared much about those "some." I do, however, care insanely about you.

It seems as though the 2012 H.A.M.B. Calendar was somehow miss-printed without holidays. The "squares" of the day are there, but the numbered date was some how lost in translation through no fault of Chad's. It's a blank square where Easter should be... or Thanksgiving... or Halloween... I can't explain it, but maybe the attached picture will.

In any case, the buck stops here. I haven't had any users contact me about a refund yet and only a couple have emailed me about the issue. They seem to think it's a small oversight. I disagree. And so this post is notification.

If anyone needs a refund for their holiday-less calendar, shoot me an email and we will get it done.

Attached Files:

2. Printed by the Jehovahs Witness'?

3. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

They'll be worth more someday, like those upside-down Jenny stamps!

4. holidays are over rated

5. Well look at that! My birthday's on a Friday this year :D

Oh yeah... back to the issue at hand. Aren't misprints and one-offs usually rare and worth a lot more money? :) It's no big deal Ryan. I'm sure we all know the rough timeframe of the holidays by now.

6. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

When you have been retired for 17 years every day is the same, don't need no stinking holidays to mess me up

7. This makes 'em even more valuable- like postage stamps with George Washington's face printed upside down. ;)

Seriously... Compared to all the good you and the HAMB have done, this is an inconsequential bit of trivia.

8. MT26

MT26
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Not a big problem. Still a good product.

9. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

we work every day around here

10. Never2low

Never2low

Why couldn't you have left out some Mondays, instead? That way I could tell my boss:
    "I didn't know we were supposed to work yesterday! My calendar told me it didn't exist! I just thought it was leap week?!?":D:p:D

11. EchoOfGecko

EchoOfGecko

You should get one of the many talented artists around here to come up with some cool designs in the shape of the box and just send out a sticker sheet and let people put whatever sticker they like for each of the holidays.

12. Damaged1

Damaged1

I just got mine yesterday, REALLY fast delivery time! Didn't even notice the missing days. Nothing a ball-point pen can't fix.

Besides, isn't being different what its all about?:)

13. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

By them not being there, they are actually there.... (that was deep)

14. Canada Jeff

Canada Jeff

I thought that was so we could write in our own made up bullshit holidays, like "National Plaid Socks Day" or "The Festival of Exploding Ducks."

Shows what I know, I guess.

15. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Well, the American Civil Liberties Union will be pleased. :)

16. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

I think the sticker sheet idea is pretty bad ass myself!

17. OK a refund then send me exactly as much as I sent you. :D:D

It bothers you because it is your product, that is why you are successful. I didn't get a calander this year for a lot of reasons none pf them have to do with quality or desire. But if I had, I would just think you did it that way on purpose so that I would have more room to write myself a note. yea yea I know I am a misfit.

Make up for it next year with a little prize in the package or something then your conscience will be clear.

And never pass up a chance to blast down the road at some insane speed you have earned it.

18. ;)

X2! We could even have a "Friday art show" style thread where anyone could create a holiday square design & post it. Then when you find the design or designs you want, you print them off & presto change-o Instant Kustom Kalendar!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  19. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Exactly...it's politically correct, for those who care!!:rolleyes:

20. chriscris

chriscris

Thats the 'metric' calendar.

21. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

That's what they make pens for...if you can't count up to 31 you don't deserve a Calendar...........

22. Django

Django
    from Chicago

There's been a couple mistakes over the past 9 years, and generally they are my fault. This is just weird though.

23. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's O,K Ryan I never let my calenders have holidays anyway................:rolleyes:

Doc.

24. My guess would be that the holidays were a different color, and maybe the layer got missing somewhere along the way from the computer to the press.

I'm still happy somebody out there takes on the work, so we can have a calendar.
    Thanks a lot!

25. pumpman

pumpman

Hell, it's always a holiday on the HAMB! By the way Ryan it's kick ass again, keep it up BOSS!

26. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I don't think we share many of the same holidays as you over here, so it doesn't really make that much difference to me.
    Besides, when I was a working man I didn't need a calendar to tell me when I had a holiday coming:D.
    Paul

27. trimph1

trimph1

I wouldn't really worry about it. Sheeesh. I did one for a club I was with and it came in inside out!!! [​IMG] :eek::eek:

28. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Yeah, they were red just like the name of the month and the day names, which all show up just fine. The numbers were on 1 layer, at least when they left my office. Why only those numbers vanished, which are the same red as the other red elements on the page, is beyond me...

EDIT: Wait a minute. I haven't gotten mine yet, so I've only seen the pic that Ryan just posted. The day names are missing too!!

29. Mart

Mart

I'm pretty sure no-one is going to rock up for work because they didn't realise it was a holiday!

30. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

thanks, think of the money i'll save on gifts and shit!!