Register now to get rid of these ads!

The H.A.M.B. Alliance: 1 Year Down

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Dan1955

Dan1955

I joined late in 06 just cause I liked what The H.A.M.B. stood for. And then when it was time to order parts for my coupe I checked out the vendors and ordered from one. The discount alone paid for my membership. So my renewal check will be in the mail soon.
    Thanks Ryan for putting this all together.

2. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Is this an alliance perk I need to know about?:eek:

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Fellas... I can't stress enough that you should actually use your Alliance memberships for a couple of reasons:

1. You will almost certainly make your money back.

2. It supports the vendors that deserve our support... I mean, these guys are hand chosen because of their customer service, dedication, passion, etc...

3. Buying from these vendors only further supports the community.

One of the things that I plan to work on this year is to develop a way to make searching for vendors and their offerings a little more easier. As it stands, we have just about every product in the industry covered with a discount - we just don't have an easy way for members to figure where they can get it!

4. 53chevy

53chevy

I have a thing to add. Though the Alliance membership is great on discounts (Thanks!). But, I've become more into finding old parts and making them work. Whether it be Appletons, dash clock, etc. I can't stress the impact of the How To's have on me (with a more traditional approach). But, also, it's place to unwind and relax (it seems there was more of that in past than today). I guess I'm attched to the way things/people were on the HAMB 4-7 years ago.

Ken

5. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

My first years $50 Alliance membership has saved me about $490:eek: over the course of the year.I have bought tires from Coker,32 Ford grill shell and related parts from Riley Automotive,some small parts from Owens Salvage Company and a 53 Buick Skylark windshield from Bob's Classic Auto Glass. The Alliance membership is WELL WORTH the $50 spent. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!:) :) :)

6. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Hell, I gladly paid the $50 just to get rid of the "FNG" tag next to my name. And I sold some parts in the HAMB marketplace so it seemed only fair. And we all know this site is the cheapest entertainment money can buy.

7. Norris McCarty

Norris McCarty

What a cool place to share our passion! Best fifty I've ever spent. I'm looking forward to contributing this next year rather than just receiving. I'm beginning to feel a little more at home here thanks to all the friendly helpful folks I've run across in the short time I've been here.
    Thanks Ryan,
    Norris

8. Ive saved enough cash to pay for my Alliance membership for several years, but more importantly, the knowledge Ive gained from this place is PRICELESS...

9. The Alliance is and was a fantastic idea. It sure saved me some major scratch this year building the Hudson.

Ryan, I'm sending you a PM about an idea I had....

10. Love the HAMB and everything it stands for. My closest friends have been made on the HAMB. Sending my fiddy tomorrow! Haven't used my Alliance yet,but will be soon! Thanks Ryan...

11. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Thanks Ryan for the all your hard work.

12. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13. I saved the $50.00 admission fee on my fist purchase of my slcks. Ire-joined just to be here with you guys. Soon as i get back to the world, Ill get back active again. Next stopr,,,my 59 Ranchero.

14. Big Dan

Big Dan

Thanks Ryan........ Just got # 2 in the mail today......... I've used it a couple time and the savings has more then payed for the membership........ Big Dan

15. racer756

racer756

The Alliance rules. Since I joined. Saved $$ from Cody @ Hurst Rubber, Gambino's, VAPHEAD. Not to mention buying from all the good folks on the HAMB.

16. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Thanks Ryan,i Havent Used It Yet But I Will Eventually,its Truly A Small Price For Such A Great Thing This Site Is My Daily Unwinder Lately And Is Helping Me Through Some Stressful Times!!!

17. That'd be good. I put a wanted ad up for K&N filters and got no response, and currently have one up for a Moroso battery box ...

Thanks,
    Kurt

18. zoomma

zoomma

Ryan: You shouldn't be the one thanking us. It should be us thanking you. THANKS

19. UPSrodder

UPSrodder

Never hesitated, Joined to support the HAMB and what this board and the people are about. I have used my discount with VAPHEAD already, and saved a ton of money for my suspension. Prolly call Coker for my tires and lord knows who else by the time my truck is finished.

Like others have said, the friends I have made, the things I have learned, and the time that I have spent here are "priceless".

Thank you, Ryan. Sorry I missed you at Cinematic, I would have really liked to meet you, shake your hand and well, maybe a big bear hug just to let you know that what you have started has made a difference for all of us.

20. I may never use the discounts don't care, this place is about the only reason i use the net.....!

Thanks for everything....!

Maiki

21. arkracing

arkracing

It's worth the $50 just to be able to keep coming to the HAMB everyday.

Thank You Ryan!

22. Just having the tag on the firewall of the roadster say`s it all to anyone plugged in enough to know what it means..Thanks Ryan you`ve been brilliant on this venture ."Success "only comes before "Work" in the dictionary. I read this on the H.A.M.B.....Amen..Time-Bomb John....

23. rodknocker

rodknocker

$50 is a drop in the bucket for the amount money you save just in the guidence you get, let alone the vendors.Again Vi Va La HAMB

24. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

That would be very helpful......we all know where to get tires (Coker, Adams) but searching vendors for some of the smaller, hard parts takes time.....not that it isn't worth it, as it is.
    I've purchased parts from 3 Alliance Vendors so far.....each of them has provided great customer SERVICE and a quality product.....

25. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I kind of assume the Vendors peruse the Wanted ads? That would make the most sense to me.

26. Alliance. A group of allies. Very elegant concept. Thank you, Ryan. And not just you but also the moderators and the very good friends and allies I've made here. Hell, I'm even glad I get to banter with the MORONS that occasionally post here. You know who you are...

27. Glen

Glen

I see the $50.00 as simply a way of paying back for the usage I get.

$50.00 a year is minimal considering what a magazine subscription has to offer at $xx.xx per year.

28. myke

myke
    from SoCal

29. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

ahh shucks....you noticed me!:eek: :)

30. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

I just wanted to say that today I ordered parts from our newest alliance supplier Rjay's . They seem like a good operation ,we'll see if they can deliver as promised.....