Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The greatest time to have lived in America?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Mar 17, 2010.

1. christmas tree

christmas tree

I,m 69 and the 50,s were OK but we still didn,t have much, but a lot better than our depression era parents. The 60s were very good except a war in Viet Nam. Music of late 50 to late 60 is still my favorite. Give me 2011 medical tech. as I just survived a serious heart condition and am on the road to recovery. Guys, you only make the life cycle one time so make the most of every day. XTree

2. Must be true... I had an Uncle waiting on the shores of Australia waiting for the "Big invasion" of Japan... and he met an Ausie Gal and never came home...! :eek: But he did visit with his bride in tow...!:cool:

But I do remember these times...
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jyV41-tFPcQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qc69zr_5uH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  3. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Well I was born in 1950, and I loved growing up, and getting into cars in the 60's! From a car angle, the 60's were about as good as it gets to me!
    Wouldn't change a thing from the era I grew up in, just a few decisions I made along the trip! ;)

4. Westerman

Westerman
    from Cincinnati

Very well said. You can't live I the past or you will miss what is going on in front of your eyes. You can always tell how exciting a persons life is by how far back he has to go to get a good story.