Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The greatest time to have lived in America?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Ob1

Ob1

Anywhere between the invention of the birth control pill and the discovery of HIV.

2. Special Ed

Special Ed

Bingo! It's right now gang!!!!Just like it was yesterday, and the day before!:D

3. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Sometime before LOL..

4. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

This has been the greatest time to live in this country, despite a few terrible tragedies this truly has been one of the most peaceful times to live anywhere in the last 500 years on the planet. The last 40 years.

5. HD74

HD74

Well, dispite the high cost of living, it's still popular.

6. Freeman1938

Freeman1938

I grew up in Long Beach, CA. Wilson High 1954-55-56 cruising the drive-ins, drag racing out on Bolsa Chica in Huntington Beach, Santa Ana and Lyons drag strip, those were the days, but at 72 years of age I believe that any era you grew up in is great. I am still an avid Hot Rodder and enjoy playing with Hemi engines and street rods. Fred

7. From post WWII through 74ish....It sucked before that and it has sucked ever since.

I was born in '78.....(dammit)

8. alleyoop

alleyoop

Late 40s and 50s bar none

9. I was 15 in 1960. The Music was awesome,cars had never been so cool,Girls were Girls. What could top that ? But bad health had nowhere near the remedies there are now.

10. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

I think right now. . music is better than ever now that it's independent, car building is better now that we can all share or pojects online and learn from each other, the pathetic racists are dying out, women are living up to thier potential, and people are figuring out that every man for himself was just a story sold to us by people who wanted to maintain the crooked playing field. Lots of fighting left to do but were making this country what it promised to be 250 years ago. Though I do like old cars. . culture is much better now.

11. teddyp

teddyp

was born in 1945 live grew up in brooklyn and newark and irvington nj live through the 50,s with rolled up jeans white t-shirts pack of lucky and black boots and anyone over 50 was old then came the 60,s long hair bell bottoms,dugs sex rock and roll,hot rod,s bike,s the darft, nam bubby,s came home in a box
    then the 70,s more drugs fast cars fast women ex wifes
    and back to hot rod,s customs
    right here,s fine with me:cool:

Attached Files:

12. powmia

powmia

mid 1800s fur trapper in the middle of nowhere...i love the cars but I can do without any of the other bullshit

13. I can't agree more, and couldn't have said it better (although for me, substitute "Americans" with "Canadians").

Steve

14. hemi guy 53

hemi guy 53
    from colorado

I dont know the date but it would be a time that the truth could still be spoken in public and honor was in a mans handshake. those that did not look for a hand out , out numbered those that did.

15. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Playing summer league basketball at Whittier college in 1970, then cruising back to fullerton in Greg Bocks 57 chevy eastbound on Whittier blvd sat nights....cruising harbor blvd south in my 62 impala ss sat nights .. Dairy Queen, Orange Julius...
    In 69' Rock Bands Saturday nights at the North OC YMCA

Those were the days my friend we thought they'd never end ....

16. hitman912

hitman912
    BANNED

I would have liked to have been able to fight in WWII.....and survive. But I would have hated living in the 30s

17. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

For me, late 40's and 50's. For my kids when they are my age..probably right now. Funny how your opinion of the quality of life doesn't get better as time goes by. I think it's called change and most of us don't handle it too well.

18. the 60's-real change, not the texting, cell phone, computer age

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

I've given this some thought over the years, I was born in 1950 and things started to really change in 1964. If I could pick another era to live in I'd pick 1843 for a birth year. I would like to have survived the Civil War uninjured, see the Wild West, and the invention of all the things that make life today what it is. Checking out in 1923 with a Fronty Ford race car in the garage wouldn't be a bad deal IMO.

20. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

IF YOU REMEMBER THE 60s YOU WERE'NT THERE. NOW TRY SAYING THAT WITH HUH......THE 90s. IF IT AIN'T STEEL , IT AIN'T REAL.
    ENOUGH SAID.
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

21. mrrocket

mrrocket

Well, since I don't know first hand what MY life would have been in any other time, and I know what my life is right now, I would say "Right now". As muxh as I dislike a lot of things happening, its the time I know, and I have made a good time of it.

22. Ain't that the truth. A shot could fix all your problems.
    I have always though that being born in the late teens and graduating in the 30's would have been the best.
    On the other hand before the white boys showed up could have been truly awsome. Some of my ancestors were here then. Say late 1400's just before old Chris showed up, when the Indian nations were at the peak of there sociaties. That would be cool.
    Being a late 1930's Hoodlum like my grandfather would have been cool too.
    Man its nice to dream isn't it?

23. rick finch

rick finch

Christ Doug, getta haircut..........:rolleyes::D

Early to mid 60's for me.......GREAT memories.
    [​IMG]

24. Anytime before the white Europeans came over. Of course it wasn't called America then...

25. 21tat

21tat

Now is a great time to live wherever the hell you are! It's all up to you how it's enjoyed. For some folks, the grass is always greener on the other side. Best to enjoy what time you have and stop wising for something else!!

26. 31fordV860

31fordV860

...Shot Down twice in the central pacific and survived....now I own his A...

Ensign USN Dick "R.H." Wilson

Attached Files:

27. Right now! Don't wish your life away.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

28. LAROKE

LAROKE

Up until my Dad died was the greatest time for me.

It's still good now. Just not the greatest.

29. not the 70's look at the shit cars and the hair dos

30. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

Well I was born in 1938 and loved growing up in the 50's. I've been reading the book "Truman" (warning big, long book) and have realized some of the post war 40's were not the best of time for all. Rail, steel, auto, mining, meat packing strikes; severe hunger in Europe and the Marshall plan to bail them out. (Gee does that "bail out" sound familiar?) Did you know that Truman was going to draft every striking miner into the Army if they didn't settle?

What would we do for jobs today if all our troops were to return tomorrow?

I'll still take the 50's over now.

Jim