Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Good, the Bad & the Ugly, L.A. Roadster 2017 swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by V8RPU, Jun 19, 2017.

1. V8RPU

V8RPU
    from Nor Cal

Rumblegutz

The 32 3W was bought at the January Turlock swap meet. It was on its way to a new owner via the LARS swap. They had a price of $48,500 as I remember at LARS. I do not know if it sold or went home.

2. I agree 100% ! My father and I traveled from the east coast and will again.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

We have been going to this show for about twenty years when we first started going the spectators had to park by the swap meet so for about the first 10 years we never made it in to the actual roadster show their was so much to see between the cars in the outer lot and the huge swap meet we didn't make it inside. But as you can see even with the numbers down it's still one of the greatest shows on the planet.

4. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Love the Offy engine!

5. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I didn't think model B's came with cowl lights. Comments?

6. V8RPU

V8RPU
    from Nor Cal

Fortunateson, I did not remember this 3W to be a B. However, all 32 3Ws were Deluxe cars and came with cowl lights.

7. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

They also came with Cigar lighter, dome light, ash tray, glove box. Only 32 with chrome windshield. Safety glass in ALL the windows. The longest body of the year, that is why the notch by the gas tank filler. 2" wider than the 5 window inside.

The37Kid likes this.
  8. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Great pictures and great perspective. The entire hobby is aging - cars, parts, owners, etc. If we don't continue to embrace and support it, it will die.
    Thanks for the post.

9. Eddy-One

Eddy-One
    from Germany

Know someone the owner at this 1932 Ford 3 window ?
    I need a price/name/number.......thx for help

Attached Files:

10. Thanks for all the great photos of some killer rare parts. This was my 2nd time making this swap & show. It is the best of the best........So let's keep it going for many years to come. For all the wine-ers ya need to attend a swap in the Midwest and then you will understand how great this one is....

Special Ed likes this.
  11. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Try contacting Art Moore at Claremont Welding,he and his 3 window are in the background of the photo

12. There was a shipper on site,racinman Rick was there with a huge enclosed trailer. HRP

13. bondolero

bondolero

Guaranteed good times and parts. I always run out of money within the first two hours.

14. I wish we had a swap meet in the north east that resembled that. I would spend all weekend at it checking out everything and buying parts. Instead we have guys selling broken weed whackers and other junk.

15. 50Fraud

50Fraud

How are Hershey and Carlisle nowadays? They both used to be pretty incredible. Admittedly not as hot rod-focused as the LARS, but it seemed like you could find almost anything there.

16. Did not know!

17. Hershey is still great and my favorite.

Louie likes this.
  18. Might have been a good thing! HRP

ct1932ford likes this.
  19. mike bowling

mike bowling

Aba, Aba, Aba, Poink, Ding, Grrrr, Kerflop! ( it's only the noise my head)
    Thanks for posting - (?)
    !!!!! Holy Mackeral

20. gschwen

gschwen
    from Hemet

Been a regular attendee for most of the last 20 years. It was definitely smaller than recent years, swap by a little and the show area by a lot. But I was still able to spend all my available funds pretty quickly Saturday morning. Hopefully the new show operator gets the kinks ironed out as they move forward.

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

This Hershey will be 48 in a row for me and it is the swap meet I judge all others by. I've been to LARS twice and had a good time, but it really wasn't what I thought it would be based on all the magazine coverage over the years. Asking prices were higher at LARS, more variety at Hershey. I'd like to hit a swap meet in the Mid West just to see how things are. Bob

22. JimmyD3234

JimmyD3234
    from PA

WOW good stuff thanks for pics