Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Girl on the Rincon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by C9, Jun 14, 2009.

1. L7

L7

I don't know the places involved in the story - Not what I usually read on the H.A.M.B.
    I still think it is a Touching and sentimental tale. Well done- L7

2. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

I used to live in Summerland and Santa Barbara. Back in '64 I had a Santa Barbara News-Press paper route that took me to the Rincon's west end.

Great memories!

Miss ya' C-9.

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  3. russd

russd

thanks for posting. nice read.

4. gmans356

gmans356
    from MDR

Rincon! my best memories of that place happen everytime I surf there...world class break and my favorite...so I know the area well and look forward to the swells that come there....Ryno how did you wind up in Carl Junction Mo...from surfing C Street and County line????? You in the witness protection program? how could you leave that life? Hmmm! I am going surfing even if the waves are small today!

5. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Man, I hate it when the Chick gets killed...I know the area well, I live right in it.

6. Dave50

Dave50

Great story I gotta say 50`s 60`s maybe 70`s etc was a time to grow up Thing were different people were different and the Hot Rod era was history i the making someone posted they miss Jay where is he

7. RIP Jay we miss you sir.-Weeks

8. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Jay (C9) passed away late last year.

9. ryno

ryno

i do feel like it some times!
    wouldn't do it again if given the chance.

10. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Good read ,thanks

11. Great story - a really good read!

12. Dave50

Dave50

Thanks Deville i went back and searched and read about Jay and read some of his stories,truly sad glad that he left us with what he did.

THIS BOARD AND PEOPLE ARE THE BEST! I am so glad i found this site one heck of a community

13. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

rbantique...thanks for bumping this story it's a great read but ends on a sad note hearing that Jay passed away last year, lets hope that he met back up with Annie on the other side..................

14. I had to go back and read this story again. RIP Jay. You'll always be a class act.

15. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

"Sometimes I wish I could unwind the hands of time and other times I was glad I couldn’t."

WELL PUT !!!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  16. At first thought this is one long Thread and I need to get out to the garage to finish getting my flathead ready for transport. But curiosity got the best of me and I started reading. Glad I did! Even thought I grew up on the opposite side of the country it still paralleled many feelings of the time spent growing up. Thanks

rtp likes this.
  17. I remember reading this when Jay first posted,I plan on reading it again before the day is over. I miss Jay! HRP

18. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Don't know why I remembered this one but I did.
    Bump for those who may not have seen this...

19. He laid a lot of good technical information down on this site too over the years.

20. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Yes miss his stories and wisdom.
    We are blessed to know a lot of good people over the years on the H.A.M.B.

21. 2935ford

2935ford

Having moved to Ventura in 1980, I know all the spots in the story.
    My surfing days were behind me by then but motorcycles had taken it's place and man, that area has some great bike runs! :)
    Also played late night (Sunday) old farts pickup hockey in Santa Barbara playing along side my brother-in-law and Charles Schulz son Craig. His dad Charles had built a rink in Santa Rosa.
    He was attending USB. He'd show up in a red Ferrari with a couple of blondes and his CCCP hockey jersey. Had his collar bone broken by a thug who couldn't understand this was just for fun hockey.

22. Thanks Dooley.....Read it again and miss Jay and his great contribution to this forum......

23. Bird man

Bird man
    from Milwaukee

I remember Pete Conrad (Astronaut) was killed up there near Ojai about 15 years ago on a Harley.

24. TheMonkey

TheMonkey
    from MN

Perhaps a very timely bump on the thread. The area is a very special place and it is with quite a bit of sadness to read about the Thomas fire AS I TYPE THIS. I’m not certain which turnout on hwy 33 that Annie perished, but most of that area is not finished burning and quite possibly the site of the crash also. The turnoff toward 150 he took in Casitas is in the burn now.

I was fortunate to live in the Mary Mitchell house in downtown Ventura for a few years. Surfed C-street every sunrise, and of course when Rincon was firing it was hallowed.

Ojai and the drive down 33. Ventura. Rincon. Very special area. Thankful Jay shared. Sad story and sad to see the area burn :(

Attached Files:

25. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This story was amazing. Thank you for a great read that takes me back to a time I never got to live but so enjoy reading about.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.