Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Gary Howard Fire... Spare a dime?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 24, 2011.

1. moter

moter

Thank God that never happened!! :eek:;)

Money sent!

Scott

2. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Paypal sent. I met Gary in Salina and he was nice to me. Glad to help.

3. BLAKE

BLAKE

Done... and shout if you guys need any hands-on help out there.

4. coleminer

coleminer
    from East Texas

I made the donation and wish it could have been more but gas hikes have hit Texas and as I've been reading here many folks are feeling the crunch of this economy one way or another. It does my heart good to see all the offers of hands on help! Use to be that labor and maybe materials were all anyone could offer. Looking back - those were good times! Good luck and may God bless!

5. BenW455

BenW455

Just sent a paypal, wish it could have been more. Tell him good luck and godspeed.

6. wide34

wide34
    from Texas

I didn't know Gary but really sorry to hear what happened, Thanks for putting the fund together and glad we could help.
    Tom

7. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I work at a electrical supply house and I'll help out with some materials(panel,wiring,light fixtures)
    Chris
    228-864-9090

8. Doktor

Doktor
    from Houston

Total bummer. . . just sent a c-note via paypal . . . I will powdercoat anything for Gary that is salvageable, or that may need preserving for new shop!
    D.A. Spectrum Powder Coatings Inc. 8329129100

9. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Gary is a great guy, sorry to hear about this. money sent

10. rooman

rooman

I have never met Gary, just admired his work at various show but I am in--money sent via Paypal

Roo

11. ramrod36

ramrod36
    from Upstate NY

I do not know Gary but I do know what he is going through. Only my fire was my house - 12/2003. Same circumstances with the electric and attic but worse yet we were not alerted by smoke detectors as there was not one in the attic. We were alerted by a passerby. We were able to get out and due to tremendous efforts by the local fire departrment, our house was saved but not until six months and $100K was invested. The help and support we recieved at that time got us through it. It is time to pass it forward so count me in. Keep us posted on Gary's "rise from the ashes". Best wishes, Gary. Please believe that it will work out.

12. Racrdad

Racrdad

Never met Gary but his work that I have seen is top notch. Only have ever heard good things about him. Its good to see the HAMB brotherhood come together to help out a brother in need. Donation has been sent.

13. I've striped a few cars in that booth for Gary. Hate to hear that he had to experience this. Sure was nice striping in that a/c on a hot day.

Gary is a good man. He has customers who love him. He'll come back better than before.

14. Doktor

Doktor
    from Houston

I have to meet with Zac @ Full Custom Fab. next week i have a 50ft Flexzilla air hose still in packaging i will send it Gary's way

15. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

$ done, come on HAMB'ers, instead of buying that useless trinket for your ride chip in and help out.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

16. Mattimus

Mattimus

I've never met Gary, but I've sent a few bucks his way because no man deserves that.

17. aojo

aojo

I believe the money sent as a donation for Gary will go much further than lugging it to the Big 3 here in San Diego today and pissing it away on rusted metal and a $6 burger. Looking forward for you Gary.

18. coupe33

coupe33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not much but I just sent what I had. Good Luck getting back to work.

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You guys are killing me man... All of you. I'm not an emotional person... especially over people subjects, but you are all making me one this morning.

I plan on holding the fund raiser for one week. After that week, I will hand over a check to Gary along with a list of all of the people that donated.

I can't thank you all enough man. I'm moved.

20. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, Ryan went ahead and made it MUCH more obvious. Thanks!

Ryan, I just made a donation and then I wondered about his insurance. For folks who want to make a donation in kind (goods, services, etc,.) it might be helpful to know if any of his losses are covered so that they can focus on things that are not covered and his immediate needs.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  21. Church

Church
    from South Bay

22. Ryan,
    Any friend of yours is a friend of mine, whether he wants to be or not.

I have some money comming in from some seat covers I sold to one of the fellas. I was going to use it for something else but I'll still get something else when I need it. I always do.

I'll drop the fella a note and give you a time line, its about 40 bucks give or take.

Anyway its yours as soon as I have it in hand.

Sorry to hear the bad news there's a bunch of us we can make it right.

23. DRD57

DRD57

Sorry to hear about the fire, that's bad news.

On the other hand he's very fortunate to have a great bunch of friends in Texas who are helping him to recover.

I'm in for a few bucks.

24. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

ryan, donation sent for your bud.

25. Done, my alliance renewal can wait a month or so. I wish it was more.

This is that connection among individuals for a common interest

Definition of Alliance

-- the state of being allied

a : the action of allying

b : a bond or connection between families, states, parties, or individuals

-- an association to further the common interests of the members

26. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Never met Gary but he is certainly one of my modern day heros. Love his style.
    Mines In the Mail. Gary

27. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Such sad news!!! TERRIBLE!! Well, i know it's not much, but 20$ sent!! Good luck Gary!!!! Ryan, you're a good man!!

Ian

28. Greezeball

Greezeball

The first time I met Gary was about 20 years ago at KKOA in Holland Michigan. He actually gave a couple of punk kids the time of day and took the time to explain the how tos of certain body mods. I'm in for a pittance. Wish I could just buy him a new booth and be done with it. Ryan your absoulutely right about Gary in that he deffinately does not deserve this but maybe he'll learn how many friends he does have through this and that's never a bad thing. Gary is tops.

29. grander

grander

Donation made. Think I will do a safety check of my wiring in the attic. Hope he gets his shop back in shape quickly. Good to see so many people stepping up. Even if we don't know Gary.