Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Further Adventures of a Car Dad and his Family PICTURE HEAVY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by enloe, Jul 2, 2014.

1. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

2. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I got the valve cover monkey off of my back with this set of M/T Big Block Chevy valve covers DSCN5394.JPG

Ethan wanted to go to Hooters for lunch afterward. Who am I to disagree with the boy?
    GetAttachment.jpg GetAttachment2.jpg
    All in all it was a good trip. My friend Travis and My son and I had a great. This is not the swap meet I thought it was. last year we went on super bowl weekend. I am unsure if we will get to go again this year hopefully I will have enough cash to go.
    Last year that was a great swap meet and I enjoyed it even better than this one.

els and chevy57dude like this.
  3. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi enloe.Great thread.Always a good day when the family is involved.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.Leo

4. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well I took a day off of work and finished taking stuff off of the parts car and took it to the crusher. working on getting money to go to the swap meet this Sunday

els likes this.
  5. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well it looks like I am headed back to Nashville Sunday for another swap meet:)
    I have been selling some stuff to build up my money to go.

els likes this.
  6. Love the uh, wings (yeah that's it) at Hooters!
    Found the 'Vette hub cap, it's about as crappy as I remember it being.

7. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well we went back to Nashville yesterday for the swap meet. it was awesome. It was way better than the swap meet we went to two weeks ago. Here is a big shocker IT RAINED. At least it didn't snow. Ethan bought a Edelbrock intake to clean up and try to sell to fund his next parts purchase and he bought another Hurst T handle knob. I bought a few DVDs and some old super stock magazines that I am going to put in the classifieds section.
    My buddy Travis bought some valve covers and Gene bought a wall hanger hubcap and some sand paper.

We also stopped and looked at some tri 5 Chevy's that gene and another guy had for sale

DSCN5402.JPG DSCN5403.JPG DSCN5404.JPG DSCN5405.JPG DSCN5406.JPG DSCN5407.JPG DSCN5408.JPG DSCN5409.JPG DSCN5410.JPG DSCN5411.JPG DSCN5412.JPG DSCN5413.JPG DSCN5415.JPG DSCN5416.JPG DSCN5417.JPG

els likes this.
  8. What was the asking price on the Model A ?

9. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I AM NOT POSITIVE BUT I BELIEVE IT WAS 6 OR 6500

els likes this.
  10. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I forgot to mention I saw B.A.King while I was there we were both stalking the elusive "bargain" it was hiding from me but I was still on the hunt :)

els likes this.
  11. I didn't look it over real good because I don't have room for another, but I thought that was a fair price for what looked like a solid coupe.
    If only I didn't have cars coming out of my ears........

12. How did I miss this thread until today?
    I think one of the best things a parent can do is give their kids a childhood full of happy memories.
    That can get a person through a lot. Looks like a great family man, NICE GOING!

13. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Thanks for the kind words they mean a lot. I have to also thank you for posting so many pics on the drag cars in motion thread.

els and Gary Reynolds like this.
  14. You are welcome. I'd say the smiles in your pics say it all!

enloe likes this.
  15. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

els and Gary Reynolds like this.
  16. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well it is time to get back to normal. We just finished basketball for my son and daughter, They both played for their school and we all know how time demanding school sports are. My son just finished up his playing on one of the All-star teams locally.

Now it is time to get back on our projects and get our weight room activities back on track.
    New adventures and more posts on the way.
    STAY TUNED
    :) :) :) :)

els likes this.
  17. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well I got out in the garage and worked on the windows on the wagon. I need to get a couple of window regulators. I need both for the front and 1 for the back I also need the pieces that the windows sit in that connect to the regulators. I could use all 4 of these. They have to be for a wagon of a 4 door post.

els likes this.
  18. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great thread Enloe. Wonderful for you to spend this time with your son and give him this opportunity to see all these cars and meet some of there owners. We need these young , future hot rodders to keep our hobby alive and well in the future. Thanks !

enloe likes this.
  19. jimcolwell

jimcolwell
    from Amarillo

Well, you have produced another hot rodder, he may sway but the seed is now planted:D:D:D:D:D:D

enloe likes this.
  20. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Yeah my boy is ruined. I believe my daughter may end up being worse. She is fearless right now. Her and my wife go out and do stuff when Ethan and I get out and about.

els likes this.
  21. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Baron I really like your cars and the COE also they are all BadAss

els likes this.
  22. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks. By looking at the pictures you have taken and posted on this thread, we have very similar tastes in cars. And good taste, may I add. :D

23. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I have a theory.
    They say great minds think alike.
    I believe sick ones do also.
    Which ones are we:)

els likes this.
  24. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well we had a new adventure this week. My wife and I went on our annual anniversary trip. We went to Panama City Beach we left the kids with the grand parents and we had a good time.

Our Anniversary is the 16th we will have been married 24 years.
    Now back to car stuff :)

els likes this.
  25. In honor of your anniversary I'm going to play with my valve cover collection today!

26. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Awesome I am going out to the garage and clean up the toolboxes

els likes this.
  27. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I am so tired of rain I have to get out and accomplish something.

els likes this.
  28. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Hooray!
    I did something last night. I went over to storage and took the Holley off of the Corvette:)
    I need to try to get it rebuilt this weekend and hopefully get the car over to the house.

Wish me luck.
    June is coming up quick.
    We are hoping to take it to Bowling Green for the Hot Rod Reunion for the annual "GUY TRIP"

els likes this.
  29. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well bad luck for me today:(
    I got the rebuild kit out for the carb I took off of the Vette. My buddy Gene came over to give me carb lessons and when we got to looking at it the throttle shafts had a lot of play in them. I had another one on the shelf and it wasn't any better. I hope to take these to a local carb guy this week and use them for trade on a good carb that has been rebuilt and has a new base plate on it.

WE WILL SEE HOW IT GOES.

els likes this.
  30. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Any of you guys going down to Paradise Drag Strip in Calhoun Georgia tomorrow for the swap meet?
    I am going to take a truckload of parts and magazines come by and help fund a project or just say hi and hang out.

els likes this.