Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Fleetwood is looking a lot better now.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodToomer, May 31, 2009.

1. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When the say the little things will get ya, they never met this car.
    its been just a shit-ton of work getting everything to be finished and right. First up, the windows.
    After removing the pump/motor assembly and tearing it apart, i found that one of the brushes springs had broken, and with getting another spring more of a hassel then i wanted to deal with. i put the spring on an steel rod and clamped it in a vice, heated it till cherry and bent it to the same shape with a little more push like the other one had. re-assembeled it and they work perfectly.
    Then we have the trans, because of the terrible job by whoever put black silicone as a flywheel/crank gasket. it leaks, not terribly, but enough where im pissed, because of this leak the trans fluid stays at a level not low but also not full, so i had to tap the threads on the TV rod where it connects to the carb farther to give it more pressure to shift smoothly. so now its good, i just cant mash the pedal.
    oh and fun fact, the points were fried and somehow the adjustment screw was broken, so the new one was adjusted by hand and locked in place.
    Just need to rebuid the carb, accel pumps not spraying evenly and cleaner in the fuel hasnt worked. still starts and runs amazingly other then said problems.
    im just happy it looks good, paint will be very very soon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

We you can stand back and take a picture of your ride it makes it all worth while doesn't it? Good job!

3. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was about to say that, haha.
    Its silly, i dont get a chance to make stuff often, only two things i really have are the trasmission crosmember from the 58' cevy i made and the piston shift knob on the caddy, i show it off to everyone like a little kid with a new hot wheels car.

4. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

now i just need to get the damn rocker covers on.