Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Flathead Rebuild: Part 3

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 16, 2010.

1. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

"side stepped the clutch an blasted down the old country road" brings back memories of runnin old flattys, wide open, with the pedal down till it quit pullin' and slam another gear. Man being 'yungndum' we didnt hava care about it blowin'', they took it, an we just didnt know any better.

2. Great story. And that shot of driving/trailering the '39 across Golden Gate Bridge is timeless!

3. Great stuff Ryan and crew! I would have been there in a heartbeat to turn wrenches with you guys. Hell, I may even have had to port/polish the block if you'd have given it to me for 2 days straight :rolleyes:

This is what hot rodding is all about - working together, early mornings, late nights and then the best moment there is: Starting a new motor! I tell my wife all the time that nothing compares to starting a new motor for me -- there is all the excitement, some apprehension ("did I forget something????"), like Christmas for a grown kid.

Also, there is nothing like the sound of a flathead kicking over for the first time!

4. seatex

seatex

Add a couple farts from Silva in there and you could have had a disaster on your hands!:eek:
    Great story, thanks for sharing.

5. Great story, Ryan - it sure brings back memories, good and bad, of flathead builds for many of us, but with a really good end result for ya! Now go put some miles on that baby ....

6. Firedome

Firedome
    from Austin, TX
    1. THE YAY-HOOS

Ryan, Glad to hear she's back on the road! What a wonderful way to round out the year & congrats on a successful journey.