Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs The f%&k you %$ hospitolized please send prayers (((My 54 CHEVY)))

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gambino_Kustoms, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

thats why i love ya bro you tell it like it is STUGOTS but you know me i gots to colpacate shit nothing easy is worth the troble ha ha ha

yes you will

not yet

my thought exactly thanxs holmes

i thought the same thing its a piece of mind groucho just like my frame all pinstriped no one ever sees it but i know its there hope you can make the sit down this year!

2. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

here we go
    all right now
    wont ya listin
    <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wAy9hKfsqYY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wAy9hKfsqYY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

3. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

thanxs
    yes we do and bad ass friends:D

thank you vary much

see ya there holmes

thanxs

thanxs grocho thats why they pay ya the big bucks

4. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

bad news
    <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6agBG3g2Vmk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6agBG3g2Vmk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>
    GAME OVER:(

5. jlouie

jlouie

DAMN!! That close.

6. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Ahhh, sorry to hear, see ya in Austin.

7. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Nooooooooooo!!! Very sorry to hear Alex!:(

8. My heart is breaking for you. Damn!

9. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

well alex that,s shity to hear good luck to you man

10. RUN IT! If it turns over (not frozen), run it. Change the oil after a few minutes and forget it. BUT, make sure you run a Zinc additive and Valvoline 20-50 RACING oil to protect the cam. I had a 454 that was so frozen from rust it took 3 days to free it up. It barely made enough compression to fart #1 cylinder to stab the distributor and it ran GREAT. It ran so good I put a performance cam in it 6 months later, ran it some more, sold it to a friend 10 yrs ago and it's still fine. You'd be shocked at some of the rusted shit I've got running over the yrs. I have a 37 Lasalle in my shop now that purrs. It sat with wet sanding water in the 3 cylinders with stuck valves and a piston that took WEEKS to unstick after THIRTY SEVEN yrs of sitting

11. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Was the old motor that bad? I bet you could get a HAMB help list for the WHOLE trip to Austin.

I've been following this post and saying "Go Man Go!"......and heck I bet if you do get to Austin and the motor goes south....one of those guys down in Austin would "loan" you a SBC.........heck, I wish that I was closer, I would loan you one that I had a "Vato" rebuild in a shop class about 2 years ago that is just sitting.

Even though..... you know already.......your cars are meant' to be driven.........and my pop's and I had the best time ever driving to the Bonneville Salt Flats from Kansas in 'junkyard' motors and we made it there and made it home.

GO! MAN! GO!

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

12. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Alex, you can do it. I threw new head gaskets in a 305 with water in the oil, changed the oil twice after getting it running and ran the piss out of it to a few long distance shows.

13. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

lets pray

on this motor i scuffed it put high temp gold matalic then h of k base coat. it was a rush . normaly i would have a bare block shot the high temp paint then base then clear you want to keep the mill thicknis down if you want it to last i would stip it if you ceam strip it your taking a chance with your gaskets so homie i guess it all about what your end result you want ill call you

thats what i did on this one

been retarded all my life in fact some ass hole on here didnt like me misspelling words and called me a retard heck my misspelling is my signature!!!!:eek:

14. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

dumb questions are good

thats what i did is made one out of an old distibutor

thanxs

15. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx for the info Alex!! after all my mock ups and mounts are done, im gonna strip it and do it up nice for the cadillac!!! :)

See you in Austin Alex!!! sorry again about your motor!! :(

16. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

already riped apart

close but no cigar

hey chris thanxs see ya in austin

yyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssss

im crushed thats whati get for this last minute shit should have got into that motor when i got it it was sapose to be good ha ha
    it is a good motor just needs some spring cleaning

thanxs
    thanxs groucho part of me says run it but my last motor wasnt 100% i ran like a bat out of hell thow its all a piece of mind i want to drive to kanas and new york so its no biggy to miss austin having no car so im a homo and will fly so waht it will be greater later the rods and the wirst pins were rusty all ready tore of the heads gona send the rods and pistons out to get re comditioned and new rist pins ill have the crank polished the cam looks ok ill sendthe heads out to be takin apart and cleaned will hon out the cylindars lets see what else?

17. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

no the old motor wasnt bad i could have made it to austin maybe but ill have to cross this bridge sooner or later i didnt want to fuck up the 283 just to drive it AGAIN to austin so ill go there both motors and have to good ones mine the rings didnt seat right and was starting to get blow by i think i drove to fast to paso when it was fresh i cant drive 55:D any ways thanxs

i know i could make a go at it but i figure at this piont so i dont drive to austin this time but at least ill have 2 good motors in the long run one for the 54 and one for my daughters 66 bonni
    thanxs
    i just need to get my ducks in a row quack quack and quite bull shiting and make shit happeb instead of half stepin!!!!!!

18. 76cam

76cam

Doesn't any one have a motor he can use to get to austin at least???????? Id give you one of mine but I live to far away surely someone got a spare!!!!!!!!

19. Sorry it didn't work out dude.

20. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

tore into the motor
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. That would've ran fine just like that

22. slammed49

slammed49

Run that thing,its a SBC....rust and 2 qts of oil and they go forever...Im using a $400 junkyard 305 from a Tuned Port Camaro,unknown miles,Edelbrock/Holley swapped on...6000 RPM burnouts all day...been everywhere!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  23. daddio211

daddio211

Ya know Alex, I certainly can't find fault with your choice. When you saw a problem you stopped, regrouped, and decided to fix it the right way rather than scabbing it together.

That speaks volumes about you and your shop. This thread is all any potential customer of yours ever needs to read to know you'll do what's right!

24. -Brent-

-Brent-

Aw man, you can hear the disappointment in your voice. Sucks to hear you won't make it out there...

25. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

thanxs ian see ya in austin baby

thanxs if i realy wanted to make it there i could have i drive there every year thats says more than most who have an able car and dont make the trec i just want the new motor tro be 100 % i drive the shit out of this car i got vegas kanas new york to name a few ventura santa maria to mention a few more ya its a small block it would have ran but shit this motor prob dont have 100 miles on it

it will be greater later

grouch i know it would

26. MissPrint

MissPrint

Just glad you're still gonna make it out, Alex! That's the important part. . .

Be safe, and see ya in a few days! :cool:

(Besides, I think you know a "few" ;):) people here. . .we'll all make sure you get around town in style ;) )

27. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

awe man that sucks...sorry dude... either way we will have fun in a-town.. :D

28. eddie_zapien

eddie_zapien

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! What a terrible way to start a new week. Sorry man.

29. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

ya i could have ran it the motor dont even have 100 miles on it rather take the extra time and make her a lil more sound if it was an old motor ya i can see it what would i have to lose ive got to big a driving season ahead see its the way it goes

thanxs man i never can seem to take the easy route

ill be in austin tuesday

thanxs man

hell ya im da boss

i rolled the dice and came up hort more vidios to follow already tore the motor down!!!!

30. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor