Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Euro Deuce

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

The Euro Deuce

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Tomorrow's feature today! How about that for forward thinking!?

Sorry fellas, I have a busy day tomorrow and needed to get this out in the world. So, it's early... Enjoy it!

3. Great read and a fine Ford automobile,thanks.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. If this old Ford could only speak, the stories it could tell. I truly hope that whoever gets it doesn't screw it up. There's a big responsibility in the ownership of this car.

lothianwilly71 and kidcampbell71 like this.

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Right? A '32 in America doesn't have much to say about WWII. Most spent the war stashed in a barn with a ration sticker proudly displayed... but a '32 in France? My god... think about what this car saw.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  6. So dam cool! thanks for the post boss...

7. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Great piece of history that deserves a good home. As I look at the thread on here for the last few years about the Euro Deuce I am amazed how many survived WWII. They must have been treasured even back then.

8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good post and well written Ryan. My imagination runs wild with the secrets and tales she could tell.

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow, what a story and car - hope that new owner will keep us posted on the next adventure for it

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. Stephan is quite an accomplished journalist too. He owns a '57 VW oval window ragtop that my brother built in the early 80's. He wrote a nice article on the car, and some of my vintage VW's, that appeared in a European VW magazine. I did not know he owned the French '32 Tudor.

11. Where's my lotto win? Mashing a V8 pedal speaks all languages. Fabuleuse berline musculaire de l'emigration.. Oh well, that's OK, I like fixin' my ol' ocker Holden.

12. Like the Marchal headlights. More than likely the type ABTP 347 from a Delahaye ,Bugatti or Amilcar. Big glass, small bucket. Heres my pair. These are about the same size as Original 1932 Ford headlights . ABTP 347 b.jpg

Spoggie, kiwijeff and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. Really great article and really cool car - just love the original vintage style of cars like this. You can try all you want to make a 'distressed finish' on a Brookville body - just can't compare. Also, it is really fun working on something as old and timeless as this - they just sort of 'speak to you' in ways that fully restored and modern variants don't.

Keep up the great work Ryan - we all love it!

Nobey and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. seatex

seatex

Not tryin to piss on a post, but was it converted to left seat steering upon return to the US? I would think right hand for France?

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Nope. They drive on the right side of the road in France... just like us.

MUNDSTER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. You are so right boss...right side of the road over there.....as I spent 2.5 years in Villa France

17. I would be a damn shame for that particular car be purchased by someone that disregarded the history behind the car,hopefully a collector that has the means to buy this car and use it for it's intended purpose and share it's history with others. HRP

18. 57snrf

57snrf
    from California

A big THANK YOU to Ryan for writing this excellent piece. Proud moment, really.

Also, thanks for all the kind comments – and good to see you here, Dean Lowe.

34 Gaz: Wow! Yes, these are the same headlights. Knowing that they might belong to a Delahaye, Bugatti etc. is darn cool.

I also noticed that my ad on the HAMB’s For Sale forum disappeared. No big deal, I’ll figure things out with Ryan. FYI car is in Redondo Beach, CA. Price is $53,000. Please contact me at [email protected] if you have questions. Really kills me to let the car go.

Thanks!

kiwijeff likes this.
  19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hey man... That ad is still around. You can find it here:

Rare European 1932 Ford Tudor

20. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Here is a funky german deuce I took pictures of 7 years ago in Burbank.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I've read that all of these Euro deuces have a chassis marked, "made in Germany." No idea if that is true or not, but would love to see an example.

22. Nobey

Nobey

I can just see some GI writting home after the liberation, Dad you'll never guess what I
    saw in a barn in France.....

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  23. Great 32, and great read.
    I'm thinking the price would mean whoever buys it, won't screw up the car.
    The headlights are very cool.
    If I owned it, I'd leave it exactly like it is, and use it for my daily driver.

24. Just to say how my mind works! All I could think of after reading the story was Colonel Klink!:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    I know I'm f-ed up!:p

25. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh man I wish I could spend the money. I'm an absolute sucker for history like that. I'd sit in that car for hours trying to listen to it.

Lowtech likes this.
  26. Woodguy

Woodguy

Great story and great car. Would love to own it and wouldnt change it.
    Thanks Ryan.

27. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

image.jpg
    True!

Steffen Jobst and ct1932ford like this.
  28. 57snrf

57snrf
    from California

See you at the GNRS on Saturday!
    FB-4833b.jpg

29. Steffen Jobst

Steffen Jobst

GM & Ford in Germany is - specially because of the war - a crazy story. Finally bombing their own factorys .. >>>

"In March 1929 General Motors purchased a controlling 80% holding in Opel: Henry Ford's reaction was a prompt decision to build a complete Ford auto-factory in German"

"Most notably, Ford-Werke manufactured the turbines used in the V-2 rockets"

"after the war production was able to restart in May 1945 with truck manufacture, the US government having paid $1.1 million in consideration of bombing damage"

30. Steffen Jobst

Steffen Jobst

Interessting is the V8.
    Does anyone know when the engine was put in the car?
    I think it was not factory equipped with the engine.
    Europe
    Tax systems >>> killed all big cubes.
    All europe versions would have been produced with 4 bangers, I guess.