Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Elites

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gary Reynolds, Oct 29, 2013.

1. A friend of mine bought an old photo album in a garage sale, included was a section called "THe Elites", a car club. We are assuming around 1950 or so, in the SoCal area. Anybody know anything about 'em?
    I'll put up the pics, this is how it REALLY was kids![​IMG]

2. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Must have been a church car club - I don't see the requisite pack of Luckies or Camels rolled up in anyone's sleeve.

3. The Elites presumably on some kind of of run in the SoCal Mts, maybe San Bernanadino?

[​IMG]

4. A bitchin' ride!

[​IMG]

5. I don't think it was any church club! Leather jackets and pool in the garage/club house.

[​IMG]

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Those are FANTASTIC photos... Thanks so much for sharing them.

7. That's it! Anybody recognize anybody? Locations?

8. tallhtrddr

tallhtrddr

Those photos are great. Very cool

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. Very cool indeed!
    I'm sure they weren't thugs, most people aren't! I don't see a zillion tattoo's and all the other stuff people IMAGINE was standard for the 50's! Well, to each his own, I don't care if guys have tattoo's or girls do the Batty Paige thing, but it was hardly typical then.
    Just regular guys into cars, students, working stiffs, not James Dean.
    I'm glad Hambers can enjoy these pics, a little slice of traditional guys, back when guy WERE guys!

10. Snot Rocket

Snot Rocket

Where was the garage sale? My father is about the right age for these photos and the guy in the white shirt behind the pool table looks vaguely familiar. I'll see if he knows anyone. He was sporting a 35 ford in 1950-51.

How did did you find the "Elites" name? There were local restrictive clubs (fraternities/sororities) around that time that did not specifically have cars as the focus. An uncle was in the "Dorks" in Pasadena. My father was in "Aereops."

11. I dunno, somewhere in SoCal. My friend Mike bought the album. We are just guessing as to the year. The pic's were labeled "The Elites".
    That's all I know, the seller had no info either.

12. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

And the women were straight;)

13. I'm thinking the black leather jackets rule out church clubs and fraternities!
    There were a million car clubs then, everywhere in the country. You could get club plaques through the mail, jackets, decals etc, CHEAP!

14. Am I strange for thinking that interior shot is bitchin'! I dig the plaid covers. Great pics by the way. Thanks for sharing.

15. Man, I LOVE stuff like this. Thanks!

I wonder where all the tattooed orca bettys were? ;)

16. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Must be my pc....no pictures for me........

17. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

That's cool as heck man, thanks for sharing! I count 6 different cars, how many do you see.

18. There MUST be somebody that remembers the Elites.

19. Not sure about Cali. But up here in Wa. We have a current club called "Fourth Corner Elites" based I believe in Whatcom county. They don't seem to like the "lowbuck" & or "traditional hotrod" guys more the bigger $$ cars.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017