Register now to get rid of these ads!

THE Early 60's F100's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VonMoldy, Aug 29, 2006.

1. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

Where do I start for learnin bout these trucks? searched google and stuff but only brings up the fifties trucks. I want to know where to get parts and what swaps are good ideas. stuff like that.
    Thanks DoOds!:)

2. ask the guy at auto zone, those guys know everything, dont they ? ? ?

Whatcha need to know about, i have got a little experience from workin on my 62

3. eviljake

eviljake
    from Austin, TX

That ford-trucks.com link will prove to be invaluable if you get a 57-60, or any ford truck for that matter. I've been a member on there for a couple of years now, and they have well thought out tech articles on about everything you could want to do to that thing.
    Jake

4. Id give just about anything to have my 57 F-100 back.Theres a 59 over in the body shop where I work & its makin me crazy(er).

5. vicsinner

vicsinner

Feel free to ask i have one myself and lookin at a couple more worked on a few of em the links posted by shifftymutt and hudson custom are excellent places to look for just about anything if ya can't find an answer just ask.

6. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

Is there any suppliers for sheet metal patches for these trucks? If anyone has pics of cool f100's feel free to post em!

7. triplexkustoms

triplexkustoms

i never found any patch panels. i got a 1960 f100 i'm parting out.

8. 49oldscoupe

49oldscoupe

9. 49oldscoupe

49oldscoupe

Here's a couple of pictures of '57-60 trucks I pulled of the HAMB.

Attached Files:

10. i got a '61 unibody i'm buildin' and drivin' at the same time. mine has a 292 Y-block, 4barrel, headers, cherry bombs and a posi......what more could you want?

unibodies are hard to find sheet metal parts for cause there are no reproduction parts being made other than the front clip (fenders, hood, grille, ect.) which are the same as the regular pickups.

ncg

11. For '61-'66 Ford trucks go here: http://www.fordtruk.com/forums/index.php
    They are closing the MSN site and moved here. Stay away from that FTE site, bunch a Nazi's run the place and a million pop ups.

12. Dennis Carpenter, NPD, Mac's Antique Auto Parts, Carolina-Classics.com are just a few vendors that support those trucks. The aftermarket is growing as interest in them has as well.

13. Here is a shot I had of I that I a 58.

CBB

Attached Files:

14. Wow, what am I typing. I guess I should'nt talk on the phone an try and type at the same time.

CBB

15. purple

purple

You can start by buying one or both of my 64's.

16. jcruz

jcruz
    from Austin, Tx

Comet is correct. add Sacramento Vintage and i think someone mentioned LMC already. i also like to peruse:

-BlueOvalTruck
    -Classicperform.com has some
    -Fordtruck.com good for reference stuff
    -F100.com
    -F100 article 1960

...and the most important ones:
    -y-blocksforever (this is the old forum but a goldmine for reference...shorten to ".com" only for new forum)
    -y-block.com (parts and excellent reference)

...got a whole folder full more of bookmarks.

17. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

if your 64s are in redding that is pretty far to drive and i am poor and dont want the oil companies to have any more of my money.

I LOVE Y BLOCKS! thanks for the good links!

18. eviljake

eviljake
    from Austin, TX

Here's the look I'm going with for my '59

Attached Files:

• 72_3.jpg
      72_3.jpg
      File size:
      82.5 KB
      Views:
  19. himmelberg

himmelberg

You can get alot of solid information from the guys at FTE. I am one of the 'Nazi's' who worked on an IFS tech article, contributed a little and have been with them a while listening and learning.

You'll find guys like 286Merc there for example. He's good wherever he writes. There's a bunch of new guys there, filling in where some of the older heads have disappeared. There are guys who restore trucks to a fair thee well and those who hotrod their trucks.

The accumulated knowledge among those who remain, and those who have passed on what they have learned is focused on 48-60 trucks and just as solid as the good HAMB info we get here. I'd go see them if I had a truck in this vintage-- they are some damn nice guys.

himmelberg

20. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Here are some shots of my 59. As you can see she is in prety good shape..real bitch to get in, but hey she's got 4 wheel dirve, a great interior, look at that beast under the hood, and of curse I need it to pull the air stream..

Attached Files:

21. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

I guess that be one of the new low emissions models eh?

22. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Yep. Took all day to lay her on her side to get a shot of the transfer case...

23. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Heres a shot of my 58
    its got a 302/ c4. I lowered it the cheap way
    flipped the front axle and raised the steering box.
    rides pretty good. ended up being about a 6" drop all around

24. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

oops heres the pictures
    got a long way to go
    but its coming around
    Ryan

Attached Files:

25. i cant remember if anyone said it yet, but blue oval truck parts is a really good source of parts. there one of the few that have parts for the unibodies.

ncg

26. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

Sweet!! these trucks look really good in primer for some reason. I know there are crossmembers and motor mounts to swap motors/trans but is that all it takes to get one in there. pretty much just bolt in the mounts and crossmembers?

27. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Bitchin truck, totally bitchin.