Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest the "DREAM TRUCK REUNION" @ the SK500

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Mar 16, 2011.

1. 49toad

49toad

Let me get this straight. You shouldn't get an award if you didn't build your car. I guess I'll have to give back the few awards the Toad has won, as I sure didn't have the talant to do every thing myself. Maybe HATGUY should have a show for only those who did everything themselves. I think he would get a little lonely.

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

It's too bad the Dream Truck won't be there... That's one of customs I was looking forward to seeing...oh well, Kurt M. does his own thing...but I am stoked Gene Winfield will be there...it'll be good to see him again.

What exactly does that have to do with the SK500...??? I sure everyone on the HAMB knows Mick didn't build his Merc...(and I happen to know who did a lot of the work on it), doesn't make Mick any less of a kustom guy in my eyes...maybe HatGuy is the ONLY PERSON in HAMB-land that didn't know that...??? And what's the big deal if he got an award...??? Maybe HATGUY is jealous...???

R-

3. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

This seems a lil odd to me, but as a car owner ,builder, driver, and just all around regular guy, i know how hard it is to make every show , so maybe kurt just has some prior commitment. I think there is no question as to how deep the kustom blood flows in mickies veins, never met a more serious car guy ,...ever... and i know alot of them. It is unfortunant that all people can't do all the work on their cars, but thats life. Hell , I hadto outsorce work on some of my cars, I have found in life that the the more the guy usually talks and tells how much they can do and how good they are, is sometimes far from the truth. If you are good you won't have to tell anyone. mickey makes no bones about his car. He doesn't tell everyone he built it. He does drive to wheels off that thing, and I don't think you can find a more stand up guy. so the dream truk can't make it, but the show will go on! Just will be minus the peice of history, and hopefully any drama.

4. bigken

bigken

Mick ROCKS, and I can't wait for the StrayKat...............oh yea, I didn't build my truck either, Henry did. I just put it back together with a bigger drivetrain......HA

5. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

OK, don't know hatguy but I do know Micky, so I will speak to that.
    A. One of the nicest guys to every spell Custom with a K.
    B. Always gives credit where credit is due. (Try complimenting him on the show and you will hear about all the OTHER people who made it happen).
    C. Bleeds candy red if you cut him.
    D. Has been a friend since the first 500 I attended.
    E. Always an encourager. (one of the reasons I still pinstripe)
    F. Works his ass off for the car enthusiest community and the Kustom crowd in particular.
    OK, you get the drift, I am a fan, plans change you roll with puches and move on, I know this year will be great just like all the rest, hope it works out to where I can be there.

Keep doin' what you do Mick.

GV

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  6. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Wow! What point does this post even make? Unless you scratch build a car from the ground up, all anyone, including you, does is put their mark on a car. Whether it be a set of hub caps, chop, sub frame, or whatever. Virtually every car out there started as a stock Merc or Shoebox or whatever. So, does anyone truly "build" custom cars? Sure the few scratch built cars making the rounds. BTW none of the cars on your profile fit that bill!
    I don't know what your problem is but Mick is a stand up guy with many friends on this board, including me. So I think maybe you should lay off the unfounded accusations that just make you look like a whiner!:p

7. atch

atch

well, i'll be there if possible. dream truck or no dream truck. gene or no gene (yes, i've met him. he's a great guy and i'd like to visit with him again. but that's not a reason to decide on whether or not to attend the sk500).

the reason to go to dewey is to reconnect with friends, meet some new ones, and see some great cars. if the dream truck happened to show up great. if not, it won't detract any at all from my enjoyment of the show.

b-t-w; who actually has built anything by him/herself? i don't know anyone who casts blocks, pistons, etc. i also don't know anyone who stamps sheet metal into fenders/doors/decklids., etc., etc.

we all take something that others created and try to put our own stamp on it. not that it makes a hill of beans difference anyway.

viva straykat...

8. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

After reading everyone's responses there's not much I can add. Mick is one of the koolest people that I've ever met.

The 500 will be killer with or without any certain vehicle, because it's all about the kool people that will be there, they just all happen to have cars.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  9. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Thanks for the info.........looks like we may (?) be there Sat/Sun. Mmm.......Murphy's Steakhouse and hotrods and kustoms.

Chris

10. SHRUM

SHRUM

No soup for you!

Fo realz yo, I won't ever do any buisness with you.

Attached Files:

11. triumphtony

triumphtony

First off if Mick got a trophy for his car he will be the first person to give credit where credit is due. unlike alot of pepole. as far as that goes, what about all the cars that were build by now famous builders for customers and they won trophys? I don't find anything wrong with that. I you can not do it yourself you find someone who can do it for you. All that sould matter is having fun doing what you love.
    The stray kat 500 will be a blast with or without the dream truck. as far as that goes it would be a blast without any cars it's all about the great pepole that show up.

Keep your wheels turn'n Mick:)
    See ya soon

12. Mick is good people. Hatguy, GFY!!! You should only wish people looked up to you like they do Mick.

13. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

whats wrong with my truck? i was hoping to maybe get a ride in it this year...

14. Long Roof Larry

Long Roof Larry

Mick

Sorry to hear the Dream Truck will not be at the show. Heard this the other day from the guys at the Branson Museum.

I want to post this so everyone understands why Mick got an award at a show in Branson. I must assume he is speaking of the Sleds in September show. I put on this show with another person. These awards were given out by several special attendees at the show (builders or entusiast) selected by us - the show promoters.

The person giving out the award only had ONE rule. Give it to the person/vehicle you want to give it to - for what ever reason you choose. The award (Mick got two that year if I am not mistaken) was given out by Kirk and one by Voodoo Larry. Each award Mick recieved was for his passion for his CAR and the HOBBY. Mick is a stand up guy and deserved both awards and we were proud that he was chosen to receive them!

Mick, keep the faith - the show will be great without the truck!

Larry

15. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you guys very much for the response, all of the kind words means a lot to Renee
    and I. I hated that I posted the announcement of the Dream Truck coming to Dewey and
    it not show. But that stuff happens. We were trying to do something extra special for Carl
    Green and the truck thing just didn't work out.

GRAVEY OVER ALL!!!

16. remember the dream truck build

17. If your refuring to some guy as CARL GREEN the one that put the dream truck back together and many other cars,which i have one http://www.shoutlife.com/profile_view.cfm?uid=63496 heres a site with a few of his cars on it,he is a super nice guy and its going to be a good time with him back here at dewey.I see your a vendor on here not a good way to be advertising for your business is it night prowlers? just woundering so ill never buy anything thanks everone for sticking up for mickey

18. roadsterpilot

roadsterpilot

Mick, I dont care who is coming to the SK500, as long as all the regulars are there thats as good as it gets for me.............period. As far as the trophy thing is concerned, WHO CARES!!!!, Mick deserves what he gets, he works hard so everyone else can have a great time, granted he may not be a "car builder" but he definately ain't no poser, he's a car guy, and as for Mr. Hat your going to have a helluva time ever filling Gary Glasgows shoes.............Thanks for everything Mick see ya May!!!!!!!!

19. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I've only known mick about 6 months, but have to say, it is an honor to know him. I think hatguy is butthurt because he didn't get a trophy for being awesome.

20. Wow, can't believe anyone would even question Mick!!!!! Good guy, square guy, upfront person. WTF, if you do, You have the problem!!!!:eek:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  21. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I moved to Bartlesville in 1996. Every day I'd see either a '60 Impala (with a '60 Merc grille) or a '51 Merc kustom on the city streets, driven daily all over town. Didn't know at the time they both belonged to Mick. When I finally caught up with him and met him, I realized he was a pure traditional rod-and-kustom kind of guy who had the least ego of anyone I've ever met. He just loves cars and car people. His shows are his way of bringing them all together.

It's a shame that Gary sold his company to asshatguy. It really is. I, as others have stated, will never, ever buy from your company. Really stupid for you to post what you posted, hatguy. Really stupid.

I always send in my SK500 registration the day I receive it, and will continue to do so.

22. gonmad

gonmad

LoL!! AssHATGUY!! Thats good Duncan!
    Well, don't know what the drama is about or who YOU are man, but you kinda stirred up a shitstorm didn't ya!?! REEEAL GOOD BUSINESS MANNERS MAN!! BRILLIANT!! LOL!
    Actually I didn't know that Gary had even sold the business, but it is good to see this and the brilliant post in attempt to flame Mick, cause thats a few more people that will buy from Kool Rides (or ANYWHERE else for that matter!) instead of NP.

And the Branson "award"...I was there and the award was given to Mick because he was a cool guy that really supported and build THE HOBBY. They mentioned that he had a Merc, but gave him an award because of what he has done as a person, if I remember correctly....NOT because of his car! But in all reality, there was something like 20 awards.... and like 50 cars! I mean really man?!?

GOOD BUSINESS! LOL!! BRILLIANT!!

23. "Doc" Parsons

"Doc" Parsons

gonmad pretty much said it all along with a lot of other people, Mick is a real standup guy that has helped car guys in this part of the country, not everyone can build a car but they can still talk the jive but it don't matter anyway

24. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

We here at Pushrod fully support Mick.
    I dont build any of my cars because I dont have time. If that was my business maybe I would then I could make fun of people who didn't. I never understand why guys who build cars professionally take shots at guys who drive cars they did not build. If we didn't then who would be there customer? Would they not have to just drive the cars they built for themselves? And then how far do you take it? Should the chinese who make the repop parts make fun of everybody for not making there own parts? Then the aluminum and steel manufacturers could make fun of them. Then..............

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  25. mongo51

mongo51

mister asshatguy you really f'd up by talkin bad about mick. i talk to him either through texts or on the phone often.he is one the best guys the car hobby can have in it. now you think you need to bash him about a damn award he won what a joke you made of your self. just because he didnt build his car completely dont make it any less bitchin. so for you sir crawl into your fantasy world and watch your business fall apart. i will NEVER buy a damn thing from you.

26. yblock292

yblock292

well boys you know you screw with the brotherhood you're gona resent it. i have bought stuff from gary in the past , real stand up guy, but if this guy is a prick i'm sure it wouldn't take long for the word to get out, i for one will not order anything from him!

27. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

Wow...
    I dont get it Micks Mercury is one of the coolest around... Also he drives the wheels off of it.. So he got an award.. That car deserves an award at any show he go to... Its just KOOL!!!!
    Also I have not known Mick that long.. But on thing for sure he is my friend!!!! And he bleeds Kustoms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. Note to self, never spend a dime with Night Prowlers due to the new owner being an asshat. :rolleyes:

29. RatRoy

RatRoy

I assume the "Night Prowlers" business will be for sale soon due to the lack of customers. I am around Mickey all the time and there has never been more of a "car guy" I have met. If you ever saw Mickey receive an award you would understand he is much better at giving awards them than receiving them. Long live the SK 500...:):):)

30. hvychvy

hvychvy

Amen boys!!!!Come on May,ready to see everybody!!