Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Dreaded How much is it worth thread....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kaydub, Nov 20, 2008.

1. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

I apologize beforehand, but I honestly don't have a clue what it's worth. A 1934 Ford Sedan Delivery. This is how it sits today, but we do have all bodyparts for the car. All of the body is original except for the front fenders, of which we have two sets: a glass set and a set of new steel Steve's Auto Restoration fenders

My dad bought the car for $500 about 38-39 years ago. He bought the chasis off of Pete Eastwood sometime in the early to mid 70's

[​IMG]

2. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

few more pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Are you gonna sell it?
    If not, then the "worth" of it really doesn't matter, just build it....but I'm thinkin' it's worth more than my house these days.

WAY cool car BTW.........

4. James427

James427
    BANNED

That car is very very cool. Can't remember the last time I saw one. I'll take a stab and say I'd pay $15K for it. But if that's what I'd pay for it, it has to be worth much more because I'm a cheapskate.

5. long island vic

long island vic

i whole shit load of money

6. ratster

ratster

7. tinmann

tinmann

I'll bet the market value would nearly double that price. And I don't mean one of those dream world eBay prices. I mean what it would actually get.

8. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

your father has had it 40 years...you cant sell it, can you? well i could not ...oh ya you will prolly never replace it ...my 2 cents....... over 20 thou on this coast ..easy

9. ratster

ratster

I'd trade you a chopped 49 merc for it

10. roundvalley

roundvalley

MUCHO BUCKS! Don't sell it. Build it for you dad!!

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

If you decide to sell it how about posting it in the HAMB classifieds first, before that nortorious auction site. That way we can get good laugh and you can see how cheap we really are.:)

Frank

12. James427

James427
    BANNED

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by James427 [​IMG]
    That car is very very cool. Can't remember the last time I saw one. I'll take a stab and say I'd pay $15K for it. But if that's what I'd pay for it, it has to be worth much more because I'm a cheapskate.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    "I'll bet the market value would nearly double that price. And I don't mean one of those dream world eBay prices. I mean what it would actually get."

Hey, I said I was a cheapskate didn't I?? :)

13. draggin50

draggin50
    from Ohio

After 40 years and untold hours of labor sweat and tears I'd say its pretty priceless and to keep it and finsih yourself. What a nice ride that would be.

14. Given the rarity you probably won't find one similar that sold to compare to, but I'd bet it would be in the same range as a coupe or cabriolet.

15. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

the thing is, we've built plenty of other cars and for one reason or another the delivery was never finished. It's plenty cool, and is definitely rare. I'm just not sure it's my dad's or my dream car anymore. I basically posted this here cuz someone has offered my dad a decent amount of cash for the delivery and I'm just trying to get an idea so he doesn't get taken.

my dad is to an age that he wants something nicer, he wants a car done beyond our build capability. So, that's what he's doing. He's having a car professionally built, and the money from selling the delivery would help. I know that isn't very popular around here(and to even piss off the locals even more, he's having a 32' brookville roadster built) But it's what he wants. Something really nice to have fun with and drive the wheels off of....

16. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Wow..and Wow again..
    too bad you couldnt talk him into finishing that car, both of you together..and if it still aint your thing, sell it than. You for sure would end up with enough to build one bad Brookville and maybe even have some coin left over to slip something nice into your garage..just a thought.

17. RAG66

RAG66
    from WASHINGTON

No problem with brookville build but I would love to see you guys build it and sell it or send it to my house so you can put something else in your garage!:D

18. James427

James427
    BANNED

Do you mind if we ask what the offer is that he is getting now. I think it would be easier to get "yeah or nay" type responses.

19. Kinda what I was thinking...looks like it just needs a flathead and some assembly>>>:cool:

20. pastlane

pastlane

Ya can't put a price on something like this. You had better just give it to me. :)

21. Harms Way

Harms Way

Amen Brother !!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

22. I'll get my ass kicked for this.... As much as I want to see these ALL stay in America. Would this be one to peddle for big $$$$$ overseas, market it in a country that isn't looking down the barrel of a recession.

s.

23. Harms Way

Harms Way

And,..... exactly which country would that be ?

24. Weasel

Weasel

US production figure was 9562 units for 1934, of which 373 were 4 cylinder. That makes it rare in Ford terms. Assume 2% survival rate and you get the idea. So you might want to keep it.

25. Degreaser

Degreaser

30k or keep it.

26. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

30k I say and 45+ finished depending on what you call finished. And 30k would be a good market value, not a good deal for the buyer. Like the guy said on page one, a good deal would be 15k to a buyer who's a cheapsake like me too. I'd keep it, and still build the 32. Then sell the 32 and finish this 34 :)
    -Anthony

27. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Wow, just wow......selling a car like this to help build yet ANOTHER '32 roadster, and a Brookville at that....
    Shit man, this is REAL FORD STEEL.......not a knockoff......
    Hurry, come to your senses.......

28. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

Well, it wouldn't just be another roadster to us.....it would be OUR Roadster. I don't really care what else is out there, or what is prevalent at the shows. the car isn't being built for that purpose.

And honestly, I don't mind the Brookville thing. I get the coolness of original steel and the desirability of it in terms of worth, but I'm more into the ideas that are put into a car/build. I will never look at a car and say "cool" to then find out it's glass or new steel and then think less of it. Cool is COOL regardless...

I know people on here will think of our roadster being professionally built with a brookville body and a late model small block chevy as a 1-800 car, but let me finish that for ya.....the whole number is 1-800-IDONT CARE

As for the delivery, there are a few people really interested and they have offered a price north of 30K. So, we'll see.....

29. S.Sutherland

S.Sutherland
    from Fontana,CA

North of 30k... it's believable... but for me a car like that would be hard to get rid. It's on an old Pete Eastwood chassis to boot. If he needs the money sell it... if not put a small block in it ( backed by a four speed) and drive the thing around. That'd look bitching all sueded out running some black tuck-n-roll and an all oak floor... kinda 60's style... whatever you decide enjoy what you end up with as the end result.
    Good Luck,
    Seth

30. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'd say 30 K minimum. I'd start at 40 and hope to find someone who has been searching for a 33-34 sedan delivery and found nothing but $100,000. finished cars or rusted up crap.

I hear they don't make them any more.