Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Drag Rod... MoKan or BUST!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SamIyam, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Best looking Roadster pickup I've ever seen !

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I'd have to give up one of my falcons and use the FE out of it, I already have WAY too many project cars. I am 56, I will probably be lucky to finish everything I have on my plate already. :oops:

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Just noticed the dimple back housing. Nice touch in a car with a late sixties feel.

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Sam, what does the finished car wiegh?

5. Hey George! Thanks for the props!
    The car weighs around 2400 pounds without me in it... has... oh, around 600hp... and is streetable, to some extent.
    I actually called Comp Cams to ask about my valve springs on a 200 mile trip... and they said they would be fine.
    Other than that, the motor is really straight forward, 454, stock forged crank, lightweight 10.5:1 pistons, Merlin heads ported by me, complete Comp Solid Roller cam kit (like .705" lift), a BG 980cfm carb, Team G intake, MSD ignition... The trans is a G101A four speed... it's a "clutchless" manual trans and makes HELLACIOUS clunk when you shift if under normal driving conditions. You should not down shift it... it likes to be BEAT ON. The clutch is a Ram Sintered Iron single disk... #1200 pressure plate, aluminum flywheel... which has a few adjustments. The chassis needs some fine tuning. The shocks are ALL WRONG... Stupid me used what I bought at a swap meet. P&J fronts and some no-name single adjustable rears. Talking with other racers at the track and friends in the know, the shocks are going to help the car out a lot. Basically I can't launch it like it needs to be launched.when I do though, look for mid nine ET's at 140

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Thats about 400lbs lighter than my Falcon would be, and that would be with lots of glass. I gotta admit, I am really starting to think about this, to the point where I am keeping an eye out for a body. Im still not sure, I already have a decent falcon body for my FE, but if I run across a decent roadster pu body for a fair price at a local swap meet or something, I will pull the trigger and decide which way to go at that point. Your car really grabs me.
    Does your "sixties street roadsters" deal accept automatics?

7. loudbang

loudbang

Followed your build from the start. Car is Awesome and I'm a diehard Ford fan. It has the looks of a 60's modified roadster. congrats on the big win.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. I don't know how I missed this thread before. Great work Sam! My bucket list keeps on getting longer and longer

9. Bump for a good read

Chucky and Just Gary like this.
  10. I missed this thread on the first go around...agreed, it's a good read! Thanks for bumping.

swade41 likes this.