Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures The Dodge Texan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I used to drive big rig coast-to-coast ('60s) California Homegrown Boy (there's a song, I got it copyrighted) lost in Texas...(I'd try hard to hang as long as I could when driving thru there, love it.
    My favorite restaurant was down on McCarty St., in Houston. Little old 'Deep South' type greasy spoon, the lady served 'soul food'...and fried chicken, and ribs...I'd stay for days sometimes.
    Then back on the road, and a diet of Chicken Fried Steak. Hah!
    Some of my close Texas pardners told me California only had 2 things: "Hot rods and homosexuals, an' I don't see no wheels on you."
    I told them if that Alamo had a back door, there'd be no Texas today.

2. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

I wouldn't worry too much about those MOPAR guys. Most of the MOPAR guys I know wear velcro shoes and fanny packs. They certainly are a different breed (and thats coming from a guy who drives an Edsel).

And I think I could get into Texas in a big way. This years big trip was Viva...who knows maybe next year will be LSRU?

3. 61TBird

61TBird

There were the "Twister Specials" sold through the Kansas City DSO.(Kansas,Missouri and the NW corner of Arkansas)
    http://www.twisterspecialregistry.com/

Colorado also got the "High Country Special" package for the Mustang.
    http://highcountrymustang.com/

Actually,the King Ranch option is more than just badges(insert badges joke here...).
    It has a special Castano Leather interior that no other vehicle has and KR only paint options.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  4. Speak for yourself! The Mopar folks I know (me included) usually beat up anyone with a fanny pack and/or Velcro shoes! You hang with a strange group of two Mopar guys there!

5. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

C'mon man I said "most".

Next time you are at an open car show where there are muscle cars and others all parked side by side....just look at who is leaning on the 440 Coronet, the SixPak Cuda, or 340 Duster. The more "pure" MOPAR guy they are the more a little off center they are.....MOST of the time.

6. 61TBird

61TBird

I like telling "Mopar Guy"(just like 'vette/Camaro/Chevelle Guy) his paint finish/paint dabs/chalk marks aren't "correct" then step back for the Fireworks! :D:D:D

No actual "Mopar Guys" were harmed in posting that.
    It's meant for humorous purposes only....

7. blacktopicasso

blacktopicasso

I was born and raised in New Braunfels TEXAS. Work relocated me to Utah for the last 10 years. When people ask where I'm from I proudly say "Texas", just living in Utah.
    Will be back to TEXAS, hopefully soon. It really is just a "PRIDE" thing, friendly people, great beer, great music,great weather (no snow),Did I say friendly people. Funny thing, twice a year when I visit HOME I bring back Rudy's Sauce, mexican candy and dried sausage. Friends in Utah put in orders for me to bring them some back.
    Damn getting home sick,time to go read my Texas Monthly magazine(thanks mom for the subscription).

8. Great post!

"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word." --John Steinbeck

9. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Just wondering how one gets a lone fire ant bite? I seem to multiple bites all at the same time.

And just to rub it in - the bites don't scar me. They go away in 2/3 days.

10. It seems to me ,that anyone old enough to remember that commercial, prolly couldn't harm you to much. Don't be sceered! Although they may have a driveby in their little motorized scooters. God help us all.

11. 56 Royal Lancer

56 Royal Lancer

I drove my '56 to work today, put it in the garage, fired up the computer and hey, what's the first thing I see? A '56 Dodge commercial. Thanks for posting!

Attached Files:

12. 56 Royal Lancer

56 Royal Lancer

Oh, and as for that comment about Mopar guys wearing velcro shoes and fanny packs? Don't let Captain Mopar hear you talking like that!

Attached Files:

13. Hell, even Texan Kinky Friedman wrote a song about the center of the world. "Rapid City South Dakota"

Actually no joke, the center of the US is just North of here by Belle Fourche SD :)

But you Texans are damn good folk anyway. ;)

14. flamingokid

flamingokid

Almost as good as us Huskers....almost.

15. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

Now thats pretty funny right there

16. A bunch of farmers that worship something you wipe yer ass with?:D

Hey, I'm from South Dakota, the Indians still live in Teepees and we white folk still have outhouses with the Sears Roebuck catalog and a bucket of cobbs.:eek:

17. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

The California Special Mustang was a 68 car and the Texas version was the Bluebonnet Special of 67. Ragdoll has actual emblems for one...altho I don't think she NOR I, who are Mustang owners have actually seen one in person.

But they do exist.

[​IMG]

The California car had a Shelby inspired body kit where the Bluebonnet appears to be a stock 67 with some seriously BLUE paint. If I remember right, there were only like 175 produced and it was Ford's answer to a slow sell in Texas...and Texas wanted their own car since Cali got the Special and Colorado got the High Country Special. Nothing other than paint and badging if I remember right is different. I know Mustangs are not exactly HAMB friendly, but ANY state dedicated car has got to be SUPER rare.........I mean 175 produced?!

18. Brandy, there were a few California Specials as well as one Rocky Mtn that I remember in this area as a kid. At least a couple were clones tho.

Dodge did Minnesota Viking Inspired trucks in this area in the early 70s.

The manufacturers do this to this day. The MN,WI area has "Northland Editions" in trucks. Jeep has a local dealer that retrofits with a special offroad suspension etc..............

19. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Yah the California Special is uber cloned.....I don't think they clone the Bluebonnet tho. We have a California edition Chevrolet Silverado and probably a GMC version. Comes with wheels and body pieces and interior differences.

It's the older antique/classic/collector pieces that you have a hard time remembering or finding........like that MOPAR I've never seen. Pink elephants I tell ya!:D

20. TEXAN'S...
    the people Mexico won't let in for more than a few days
    are frightened of
    ,weather below 63 degree,
    anything that rusts except standing water,

who buy almost all our corn products for chips!

o ya the pointy shoe thing .. i guess OPRAH LIKES em too!

wish I had the dry cars to pick through .. frames and suspension that still unbolts...no mold on the interiors..and no yard owners bitching to keep the hood ,trunk, doors shut to keep the snow out

thank goodness theTEXAS cast offs get sent up here so we have something to play with when we can't get out of our garages..

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  21. Hey, us Yanks ain't that bad. We still drive cool cars, it is just cooler in temperature most of the time we drive them.

Funny commercial though, the Dodge LaFemme is a pretty funny cohort to the Texan, I must admit. All of the cars were Pink over White, crazy marketers I think.

As usual Denise's post here had me giggling. :D

22. tikiranch

tikiranch

I tell everyone I'm American by birth and Southern by the Grace of God....My wife gets to say Texan by the Grace of God!

What is not to be proud of....The only state to fly their capitol flag HIGHER than the flag in DC.....That's right TEXAS! Cause it was its own country- The Republic of Texas!

Plus what other state has their own National Beer?.....God I MISS Texas!

Attached Files:

23. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Even my oldest daughter sold out after getting out of the military last January and moved to Austin Texas.
    She had a great time at the Roundup last weekend and even said hi to Ryan at the HAMB booth.
    Who knows she might even get a old car and join this band of misfits after last weekend.

24. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Texas was never it's own country technically, just the step child to the Union that Lincoln didn't want.....and California is a "republic" as well but eh, and Lone Star is re-badged PBR; a Texan told me so. =o)

25. Larry T

Larry T

Yep,
    I quit drinking 'em when I found out Lone Star & Pearl sold out to Pabst and that all are brewed by Miller.
    Larry T

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  26. I like this one better. :)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nMhaehb5AnE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nMhaehb5AnE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

27. ...and did you know that Western Australia is FIVE times bigger than Texas?

Bigger than Texas? Pffft... Hahahaha.

I have owned, and almost worn out, a belt buckle with the state seal of Texas for about 20 years.

Yep, I get the Texas thing. I reckon West Aussies are about the closest you'll find to Texans. :)

28. belair

belair

Almost bought a 73-74 Can-Am (Pontiac) 400/4-speed, shaker, in 1980-82 in Abilene. It was a High Country Special IIRC, and since it had no A/C I passed/ I think it was originally from Colorado. Dark green, and the only one I've ever seen.

29. belair

belair

"That's right, you're not from Texas, butTexas wants you anyway!" LyleL. rocks that song.

30. I've now lived in Texas almost a dozen years. Its the PEOPLE of Texas; their values, their patriotism, their character. I'm proud to be associated with them even though I'm not Texan by birth.